Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lights in front of eyes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Over the past couple of weeks i've been occasionally getting the sort of sparkly lights in front of my eyes that I used to get before i'd have a migraine (I haven't really had any migraines for a year or two though). I also get the same weird head feeling and mild nausea that I used to get before a migraine, although I haven't been getting the actual migraine.

This is starting to irritate me now as it is uncomfortable so does anyone have any ideas of why it could be caused, or how I can make it go away? I started the pill (Microgynon 30) 3 weeks ago, could it possibly be related to this?

Comments

• Options
    Hey I get that sometimes as well. Spoke to my doctor about it and she said that it's possible that I am having the migraine without the headache.

I wasn't allowed to go on the normal pill due to having had severe migraines when I was younger (the pill can make them worse) so I'm on the mini pill. It is probably worth you going to see your doctor to get things checked out cos your pill might not be suitable for you.
  • Options
    Hi purple socks

As pinkstar said it may be an idea to seek advise from your doctor as mild nausea & headaches may be related to your contraceptive. The doctor may need to know about any possible side effects as other users could also have reported similar symptoms.

Some doctors may ask you to write down exactly when they occur aswell.

Good Luck