Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Getting on the property ladder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Seriously, I don't know how im ever gunna get on the property ladder like ever?! Proper sucks, I'm 22 I should be able to get a place of my own :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Seriously, I don't know how im ever gunna get on the property ladder like ever?! Proper sucks, I'm 22 I should be able to get a place of my own :mad:

Tell me about it.
    If you're not in couple or pretty well off, you're knackered.
  • Options
    If you're single buying with friend(s) is one way around the problem.
  • Options
    Tell me about it.

Exactly it's such a joke. Unless Mummy and Daddy can help you your fucked pretty much
  • Options
    Schnap have you looked at 100-115% mortgage at all? i got one after got married but i'm taking it over on my own. ok not sure what the prices are like round yout area, but might be worth looking into.
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    Schnap have you looked at 100-115% mortgage at all? i got one after got married but i'm taking it over on my own. ok not sure what the prices are like round yout area, but might be worth looking into.

Not sure if I know what they are? Thing is they will only give me 3 times what i earn which isn't even half what I would need to even get a studio place
  • Options
    Tell me about it.

Even if you're in a couple it doesn't mean you can afford anything. Me and my boyfriend would love to buy our own place, but cant afford to. The mortgage we can get at the moment would buy us a small house in a crappy part of town, where your car and home insurance are sky high cos it is one of the roughiest areas in the city...and Swansea is comparably cheap to most places!! Fed up of renting and want to get out there, but it's difficult because the other half doesn't earn a great deal. It's not just he mortgage payments either, it's solicitors fees, surveys etc etc etc :yeees:

I sooooo want my own house :crying: