Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Always hungry!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is quite a strange problem...but I am always hungry!! I eat a good balanced diet, don't exercise an amazing amount but I do quite a lot of walking around (like to town or to work etc) and cycle to uni. Sometimes I'll eat 4 meals a day, and quite often an hour after breakfast I'm hungry again if I've cycled to uni, even if I've ate a massive bowl of porridge. The meals I eat are usually big portions, but an hour or 2 after I can easily eat again. After working 4-5 hours in the bar I get REALLY hungry and have to eat something. If I don't eat when I'm hungry I can't function, my stomach swells up with gas and I start to feel dizzy and sick.

I am a fairly slim size 8 and I keep a close eye on what I eat because I eat so much. I'm just wondering if there could be any kind of medical problem that might make me need to eat so much?! Or am I just greedy :( . I'm sick of everyone thinking I'm a piggy

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you are 'a fairly slim size 8', and aren't putting on any weight, you are not eating too much. You probably have a fast metabolism, and so burn calories quickly. Plus you walk and cycle, so probably do more exercise than most people!
    I have always tried to follow the philosophy of eating when you're hungry. If you are hungry, you probably need the food. I also heard once that people often mistake thirst for hungry, so if you are putting on lots of weight and feel you are eating too much, try having a glass of water or juice or something instead if it's not a 'mealtime'.
    Same here...I eat like fuck all the time and don't gain one ounce of weight. It's pretty shitty cos I want a bit of muscle on me like.
    me too which is a shame because i actually do want to put on weight! i think some people are just like that, as Kate said you probably just have a fast metabolism. however, if you are worried, there's no harm in going to see your doctor.
    Like someone above said, make sure you're drinking enough water.... is it 8 big glasses you're meant to drink a day? Anyway, its a lot! They say you sometimes mistake thirst for hunger. It works for me, i find if i keep a bottle of water near-by and i drink more, i get hungry a lot less between meals. Plus even if it doesn't work and you're still hungry, you'll still be doing your body good by drinking lots :)
    Yeah I'm exactly the same. All my mates hate me for it, and think I'm a complete pig for the amount of chocolate/pizza etc etc that I eat yet I've never been bigger than a size 8. I put it down to metabolism, if I'm still hungry an hour after eating then I must be burning it pretty fast. As soon as I wake up I'm starving and have to eat a massive breakfast everyday. I bet it'll hit me at 30 though, a fast metabolism doesn't last forever!

If it's reallllly bad then you could possibly have worms?! As far as I know, they basically eat up the food you've eaten, kind of, thus making you hungry all the time. You'd have other side effects though.
    I drink alot of water because I find I'm always thirsty aswell. I've started putting on weight which is why I watch what I eat so carefully so I keep my shape. I just seem to be constantly hungry and I can't go anywhere without taking food which is a hassle :(
    me 2!

actually im 24 ! lol :p
    Hey im the same... except im a size six, :heart: im constantly eating or munching i crave sweet stuff. it confuses my 3 kids cos they cant eat when i do except they r always hungry 2.
    none of them r overweight so they must have got my metabolism. which is a good thing. :)
    i love food but am sick of eating!
    i eat good food...im a good cook...ok then...no modesty here!... im a great cook! :yum: ...and everynite i cook a huge home cooked meal and eat until im full but like half hr - a hr later im hungry again....it never ends!
    im gonna eat myself out of house and home.
    anyway going now
    cya :wave:
    live life a quarter mile at a time
    :p
    I've got much the same problem. I could eat a huge lunch at 12noon, yet by about 1.30pm, I start getting hungry again! And I don't even gain any weight by eating so much, it's a damn shame, as I'd like there to be a bit more of me, and a more muscular body.