Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Iraqi Civil War

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What do you mean by "value"? Use value? Exchange value?

Theres only one value Blagsta, and that's the fleeting value things have at the moment of exchange. Amusingly, at the moment of exchange both partied benefit, meaning that the capitalism you despise so much is the only mutually beneficial syatem yet invented.

Oh and what are you measuring value in?

You really should get your head out of your arse a bit, btw. :p
  • Options
    Those who doubt that the Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld team will attack Iran, while so conspicuously overextended in Iraq, are ignoring the subtleties of the administration’s Middle East strategy.

Bush has no intention of occupying Iran. Rather, the goal is to destroy major weapons-sites, destabilize the regime, and occupy a sliver of land on the Iraqi border that contains 90% of Iran’s oil wealth. Ultimately, Washington will aim to replace the Mullahs with American-friendly clients who can police their own people and
    fabricate the appearance of representative government. But, that will have to wait. For now, the administration must prevent the incipient Iran bourse (oil-exchange) from opening in March and precipitating a global sell-off of the debt-ridden dollar. There have many fine articles written about the proposed “euro-based” bourse and the devastating effects it will have on the greenback.
  • Options
    It is basically a "Shar Strategy" but on a much smaller scale!
    The End game been friendly oil regions!
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    What do you mean by "value"? Use value? Exchange value?
    same old blagsta ...same old favourite topic ...same old questions.
  • Options
    khuzestan4co.gif
  • Options
    same old blagsta ...same old favourite topic ...same old questions.

Well if you're gonna try and start a conversation about value, it might be an idea to make clear what you mean by it. Commodities can have 2 differing types of value - use value (i.e. what they can immediately do for one, in the case of oil that might be for heating) and exchange value (i.e. what you can exchange them for, commodity trading). When talking about money having "value" it makes sense to understand this...
  • Options
    Well if you're gonna try and start a conversation about value, it might be an idea to make clear what you mean by it. Commodities can have 2 differing types of value - use value (i.e. what they can immediately do for one, in the case of oil that might be for heating) and exchange value (i.e. what you can exchange them for, commodity trading). When talking about money having "value" it makes sense to understand this...

Except they don't, and Blaggy has been hoodwinked by too much reading again.

Things only have value when they are traded, for the brief moment they are traded and only in whatever substance they are traded in. The existence of fiat currency is proof enough that things only have a subjective value.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    i wasn't trying to start a conversation about value.
    you are one very weird person.
    i pressume the ammount of times you bring the word value into just about any topic going ...that thats what all your reading is about.
    we only need to know some basic history to understand how we got here ...try looking at where we actualy are and where we might be headed aye ...or you'll get left behind in the past mate.
  • Options
    i wasn't trying to start a conversation about value.

Why bring it up then? :confused:

I can only presume you don't know what you're on about. Again.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Why bring it up then? :confused:

I can only presume you don't know what you're on about. Again.
    weird weird person.
  • Options
    I presume you don't know why you quoted all that stuff earlier then about the value of money and oil etc?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I presume you don't know why you quoted all that stuff earlier then about the value of money and oil etc?
    i think i used the word value once in the entire thread.
    context blag ...context.
    your still saying less than nothing.

you won't have noticed of course that it was a copy and paste and a wee dig at klint ...of course you won't ...
  • Options
    i think i used the word value once in the entire thread.
    context blag ...context.
    your still saying less than nothing.

you won't have noticed of course that it was a copy and paste and a wee dig at klint ...of course you won't ...

You're C&Ping a vast tract of stuff without having the slightest clue what it means. I find that very bizarre.