Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Can someone help me with this please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, well my parents separated just under two years ago and things were actually okay for a while. Dad moved out but he still came round to see me every day. Then at the start of this year me and mum had a really big fight and I moved out to live with my dad. I realised after about 2 weeks that I didn't like it and it wasn't for me, but I couldn't say anything. After talking to my friends for weeks on end I finally asked my mum to move back in and I did. Then we had another big argument last night, my friends got invovled this time and one of them told my mum that I found it hard to talk to her (I'd told my friend this before) so now my mum thinks I have problems I'm not telling her about.

I feel empty, upset, annoyed, depressed, stupid, small, angry, like I can't be bothered with anything, and most importantly I feel like I can't cope with this anymore. It's just like my life on repeat. I hate it so much. :banghead:

People are like "just tell people how you feel" but I can't, it's so hard for me to talk to people, I actually can't do it. No-one understands. I feel so lonely and trapped. :crying:

Please help, any comments would be appreciated.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Long term, you can't live with either your mum or your dad.

You can only live with yourself or that person you choose and who chooses to be with you.

Until then, bide your time.
    i don't get what you're asking here?

can't you stay with your dad? and it's none of your friends business.
    i tried living with dad but i don't like it i feel lonely and stuff. it's too hard to explain. I'm sorry for bothering you with it.
    Look mate, I'll tell you straight out now, the most irritating thing about this board, other than illiterates with text talk, is people apologising for asking for advice. DON'T.

You need to work out how to talk to your mum petal.
    what exactly are you asking? my cousins parents split a few years ago...she didn't get on with her mum so she lived with her dad (my uncle) for a few years...and moved to loughbourough with him and his wife. he's a bit of a strange character and she found out he'd been going through all her private letters and stuff and basically investigated her entire private life...they had a massive fall out and she just left and went back to her mums (not sure how cause she left without her stuff and her mums over an hour away) now she's living with her mum and as far as i know they're fine. just talk to her...i had the whole mum thinking there was stuff i wasn't telling her but she realised she was just being paranoid. if you get defensive then it only makes them worse.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i used to live with mum, then when she kicked me out i went to my dads, and i felt shit and lonely at first but you have to make the best of bad situations, and now i get on ok with mum. i would suggest talking to your mum, get everything out in the open, she wont know how youre feeling, you need to tell her. good luck babes