Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Slim Fast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if anyone has ever done slim fast and stuck to it sucessfully?

I have the shakes for breakfast and occasionally one of the "chocolate" bars, but am thinking about doing it properly for a week or two.

Comments

• Options
    i had one of the shakes once and it was RANK. it tasted of iron, and i couldnt get the taste out of my mouth all day.
  • Options
    I've never tried it, but would prefer to go with something like weightwatchers, as you get to eat real food as long as you stick within the amounts. Worked for me :)
  • Options
    I did them for quite a while and they worked ok actually. The thought of them now makes me feel sick tho
  • Options
    There's a really good alternative to Slim Fast and it costs a fraction of the money too..

It's called SOUP

Asda for example do very good tinned soup for around 30p to 35p per can, the contents weigh 400g which is enough to make you feel full and there's loads of varieties to choose from so you won't get bored. Each can only has about 160 calories - compare that to a bar of chocolate for example snickers with 479 calories in a regular sized bar you can see soup is a really good way to feel full and have something good to eat

Morrisson where having a sale yesterday on Heinz Soup 3 for £1 and since most can were dated until 2008 you can buy in advance and have years to finish them.
  • Options
    There's a really good alternative to Slim Fast and it costs a fraction of the money too..

It's called SOUP

Isn't the point of slim fast that it contains all the nutrients you need on a daily basis tho?
  • Options
    Isn't the point of slim fast that it contains all the nutrients you need on a daily basis tho?

What would slimfast have that you can't get from a can of soup and a multivitamin if need be?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slim_Fast

Best way is to read the nutrional information of both and decide.

At the end of the day you've got to remember that behind every product on the shelves there is a company who's selling it to make a profit.

People should read more of what's printed on the back of labels instead of the front.
  • Options
    At the end of the day you've got to remember that behind every product on the shelves there is a company who's selling it to make a profit.
    Indeed, and who's to say you're not working for The Soup Corporation?
  • Options
    And watch when you're eating tinned soup that your intake of salt doesn't get HUGE.
  • Options
    The slim fast diet is 1 can for 2 meals a day and 1 bar for a snack then dinner, right? It may contain some healthy things for you, but its nothing more than starvation.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone has ever done slim fast and stuck to it sucessfully?

I have the shakes for breakfast and occasionally one of the "chocolate" bars, but am thinking about doing it properly for a week or two.

Hi there,
    You might find it useful to have a read through this thread

Particularly note the comments from go away and Spanner

Take care of yourself ;)
  • Options
    I took slim fast a few months ago. I lost about 6lbs BUT I came out in acne, had weird toilet action (don't ask) and generally felt like crap. My friend at work was also on it and she felt the same.

Now I have a weight watchers soup for dinner - 93 calories and filling and warm.

I've lost 1 stone since I stopped drinking those damn drinking and just eating healthy. Say have 200 cals for breakfast, 200 for lunch and then 600 for dinner - and you'll lose weight.

Adios tablets work really well as well - I've lost 4lbs on them this week compared to 1lb last week (and i've been eating the same kinda stuff)

good luck. keep us updated
    x