Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Serious Heart Pains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im having a serious stabbing pain just under my ribs on my left pectoral, its seriously sore and they come and go.

I have had these since i was young, they cause make it hard to breathe as the pain comes sharply. anyone know what these are? i have it now and all i can take are short breathes, ive never seen a docter about them as i never told my parents, didnt seem like a big issue, i nearly collapsed in school because of the,, i couldnt brather, and everything went dizzy and my blood pressure was nearly tacicardic, she told me to goto the hospital but i was fine shortly after. Any one ehre a nurse or something and could give me a small amount of help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You need to see a doctor, no one on here can tell you what it is. if you nearly collapsed at school and couldnt breath you shouldve done what you were told and went to hospital, even if you felt fine shortly after! if you've had them since you were young there must be something causing them!
    the schools nurse reported my bloodbressure as 'abnormally high' i dunno what id say to my mum or whatever, it feels like im being stabbed slowly with a pencil
    Doesn't sound like cardiac pain, despite the title of the thread.

You need to see your GP.
    its 2:12am its still here and has been sicne 11:30pm approx, anyone know anywhere i can email with like a 24hr nurse or something? i dunno why this happens, im only 15. could i have some sort of defect?
    Take 1g of paracetamol or some ibuprofen.

Have you had a cold recently?
    Kentish wrote:
    Doesn't sound like cardiac pain, despite the title of the thread.

You need to see your GP.

:yes:

I'm amazed you haven't seen your GP yet, do so as soon as possible.

It's probably nothing major and can easily be remedied, but your situation won't change until you do something about it. None of us can diagnose you while sitting at our computer.
    @kentish no i havnt hada cold, isnt 1g of para a bit much?

i havnt seen my gp because i never thought it wasa big deal, they always dissappeared after a bit.

edit:: taking my heart rate, it seems ok at approx 72bpm, doesnt beat rymicly though, does my aby 20 then it'll seem like it wait a sec and make one larger beat as the enxt one, still averages at 72 approx though.
    Hopefully it's not a big deal, always good to know for sure though.

Sip some water, lie down, try and get some sleep if you can. :)
    im sipping fluids, dont wanna lie dows, if something happens i dont wanna be stuck lying down, sleeps the same, if its achesty problem, last thing i wanst is my HR dropping and especially my breatheing rate, its slow enough already
    Well I'm not sure what else to recommend - if you're genuinely worried that it might become more serious then maybe a trip to A&E is in order. I don't want to recommend taking any pain medication at the moment, the best advice I can give is to relax, ideally by laying down and resting your body.

I hope you feel better.
    its half two, im sure my mother would be less than pleased to spend the hours of sunday morning in accident and emergencey, like you said its probably nothing and as far as i know it should have gone hours ago.
    Chronic heart burn? Or is it a different feeling, pain-wise. (not saying is that, just trying to get a feeling feeling cuz i'm better with similarties :p)
    no, its a sharp cold pain, like a needle being pushed through. i dont generally get heart burn
    Voodoo ritual?

That's me out of ideas.
    That sounds so painful. :( I'm uselsess, sorry. But I hope you find the cause and it goes soon.
    softworld wrote:
    @kentish no i havnt hada cold, isnt 1g of para a bit much?

i havnt seen my gp because i never thought it wasa big deal, they always dissappeared after a bit.

edit:: taking my heart rate, it seems ok at approx 72bpm, doesnt beat rymicly though, does my aby 20 then it'll seem like it wait a sec and make one larger beat as the enxt one, still averages at 72 approx though.
    1 gram of paracetamol is two tablets. It'll ease your pain and let you get some sleep. Hopefully by the morning the pain will have settled.
    Hey, that sounds exactly like what I used to get and I went to the doctors and they had no idea what it was. First they gave me some stuff for heartburn but it did nothing, then they thought it could be cardiac related and so i had a heart trace, again nothing unusual, so then they got me to monitor exactly when i got the pain and they eventually came to the conclusion that it was a problem with my circulation (but not heart related if that makes any sense). They said it was nothing serious but could cause discomfort. I just have to be careful now when i'm doing anything that will get my blood pressure up, and if i do get the pains, i have to sit down and try and take deep breaths. I only get it very rarely now and when i do it doesn't last for long, but i used to get it loads when i was about 14/15.

Go and see a doctor though like the others have suggested, at least you'll know then what it is!