Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

hallucinations...

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But by ages, you mean weeks, months, years...
    months id say

and as for the pills, yes, doctors do hand them out a lot. im on some at the minute, might need to alter them or something. there's gotta be other ways of getting rid of these though.
    Hallucinations can be a side effect to a medication
    the ones im on are supposed to control symptoms such as i seem to be describing.
    Sikorah wrote:
    But surely if someone has hallucinations as part of a mental illness, someone should know (gp, psych) and some sort of treatment/care plan be available to treat the cause? Obviously its personal choice on whether u want that. Guess it depends how it affects u

I don't disagree with the fact to go see a doctor, sometimes hallucinations are just due to some issues that need to be resovle and that can be resolve easily.
    I don't think his case is that bad anyway.
    ahh well, im no expert.

schnook- they arent working then are they!
    Schnook wrote:
    months id say

and as for the pills, yes, doctors do hand them out a lot. im on some at the minute, might need to alter them or something. there's gotta be other ways of getting rid of these though.

Are you taking those pills just for the hallucinations?

If yes, it's ok, but what I hate about pills is that all they do is hide the issue
    and do not fix it. Stop the pills and the issue come back. Not a good way of doing it imo.
    Are you taking those pills just for the hallucinations?

If yes, it's ok, but what I hate about pills is that all they do is hide the issue
    and do not fix it. Stop the pills and the issue come back. Not a good way of doing it imo.
    they aren't solely for hallucinations. more to settle paranoia and thought disorders. i reckon ill just have to ask my doctor about it and see what they suggest. it is true that the problem comes back after the use of medication ceases but im told if it's treated properly as soon as possible then the dosage can gradually be reduced and at some stage use can be terminated. anyway, thanks for all your responses :)
    Schnook wrote:
    they aren't solely for hallucinations. more to settle paranoia and thought disorders. i reckon ill just have to ask my doctor about it and see what they suggest. it is true that the problem comes back after the use of medication ceases but im told if it's treated properly as soon as possible then the dosage can gradually be reduced and at some stage use can be terminated. anyway, thanks for all your responses :)

No problemo. Let us know how it goes.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sikorah wrote:
    i dont use anything like that, but i did notice you can buy salvia in tobacconist shops in Canada, not that thats much use to you.
    And if its drug induced- i hope its pleasant for you.
    I heard a voice tell me it was going to kill me. Dont know who it was or why. mystery!

Ya, you can legally buy Salvia here too. w00t!
    I hallucinate 24/7 but I know it's not real...they're called psuedohallucinations and are caused from taking drugs. It's not like I'm seeing mutialted children, just everything is distorted.
    Everybody hallucinates, all the time.

Nothing to worry about. Some people call it "thinking."

I mean, if you don't see a picture of your front door inside your mind, how the fuck do you know you are home?
    No problemo. Let us know how it goes.
    doctor reckons it just takes time for the meds im on to work properly so ive got to leave it a while yet and see how things go....its still that pills cover the problem thing but i think were gonna try some cognitive behaviour therapy too ...
    I woke up last night and could hear what sounded like someone flapping a newspaper by my head. maybe i was half asleep though.

puzzling
    Hallucinations are defined in psychology as "perceptions that have no basis in external reality but are percieved as coming from an external source" (i study psychology! lol) seeing as you know that they aren't real and that theyre all in your head then i dont think you can define them as hallucinations. If you thought they were real for example if this girl came and sat right next to you or something and therefore wasn't in your mind anymore then id say it was a hallucination! Id be careful what you say to a doc seeing as hallucinations are a symptom of many types of schizophrenia.
    I could say anything and they still let me walk out the room.
    Hallucinations are defined in psychology as "perceptions that have no basis in external reality but are percieved as coming from an external source" (i study psychology! lol) seeing as you know that they aren't real and that theyre all in your head then i dont think you can define them as hallucinations. If you thought they were real for example if this girl came and sat right next to you or something and therefore wasn't in your mind anymore then id say it was a hallucination! Id be careful what you say to a doc seeing as hallucinations are a symptom of many types of schizophrenia.

ive been diagnosed as having schizoaffective disorder. im planning to study psychology too starting october :)

eta: the diagnosis was made a few months ago....id been on the meds im on now last year but took myself off them then had an episode a few months ago and now im back in therapy and on meds.
    Hehe for some weird reason I'm happy to be hallucinating all the time..it's a life experience...it's all about karma...you only live once eh?