Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

diet?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just wondering if your diet can affect how you feel that much?

since i've been at uni i've basically been eating ready meals / cereal / a bit of rice / pasta... Plus probly an apple each day and other random things (e.g. take aways / sandwichs etc). I also don't eat at the same times each day, it varies a lot.

Basically I feel lethargic almost all the time, it's gotten to the point where it's almost normal to feel that way... I kinda felt like that before uni aswell but not to this extent at all...

I'm kind of living in a state of apathy at the moment, I don't have any real sense of urgency even though there really should be some about some things..

Anyway, i though this might be kinda down to diet, though maybe not...

I'll be grateful for any input :D

PS: I'm pretty much the exact right weight for my height (5'10)

Comments

• Options
    Despite the old saying, an apple a day isn't usually enough. ;)

You need less processed crap, more fruits and vegetables and possibly fewer starchy carbohydrates.

It's all very obvious, but all students know how hard it is to maintain any semblance of a healthy diet. You need to set your mind to it, and try your best. I'm not saying you should go on a "You Are What You Eat" style diet of mung beans and celery juice, everything in moderation should be your mantra.

Oh, and to answer the original question, it can effect your energy levels, general health, skin, brain power, moods and a whole lot more. It's definitely worth shovelling some "good" food down your gut once in a while. :thumb:
  • Options
    ic, some good advice there :)

Sometimes there isn't time to have stuff... like on one day i have 10 till 4 with no breaks (classes/lectures), but i spose i can make up for it.

Thanks for the ideas though, I guess i have to make a bit more effort in the food preparation department ;p
  • Options
    I'm also a student, who eats a very student diet, ie ready meals/toast/cereal/pasta etc and i started feeling lethargic..... I started taking a good quality multivitamin and i started feeling better... Its not a great solution, but if you're going to eat a 'student' diet, it's better than nothing
  • Options
    H-face wrote:
    I'm also a student, who eats a very student diet, ie ready meals/toast/cereal/pasta etc and i started feeling lethargic..... I started taking a good quality multivitamin and i started feeling better... Its not a great solution, but if you're going to eat a 'student' diet, it's better than nothing

Oh... really?

What kind of multi vitamin do you suggest? (brand name etc ;p) I'm kinda liking the lazy persons approach hehe :D

I will still make an effort with food though, as obviously it all helps!
  • Options
    I take multibionta.. :)
  • Options
    I hate to rain on the vitamin parade, because I take the odd supplement myself...but that's exactly what they are and what they're supposed to be - supplementary to a balanced diet. :thumb:
  • Options
    Diet answers many many problems, and can definitely affect the way you feel.
  • Options
    Definetly a healthy blanaced diet is preferable to taking multivitamins, but i like to think that as i dont eat a healthy diet, multivitamins are better than nothing :p