Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

acting different with mates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does your boyfriend (or girlfriend) act differently infront of their mates and if yes does this bother you?

mine does, but to be honest i dont have a problem with it because i think everyone changes to fit in with who their with, its what happens one on one that matters. but my mates think it really wrong!

what do you all think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    does your boyfriend (or girlfriend) act differently infront of their mates and if yes does this bother you?

mine does, but to be honest i dont have a problem with it because i think everyone changes to fit in with who their with, its what happens one on one that matters. but my mates think it really wrong!

what do you all think?

Your mates are talking bollocks.

Totally different types of relationships - can't be compared.
    Acts differently how? The conversations are different but its not like a whole new person emerages.
    Nope not at all.
    I think I act different at different times, as opposed to who i'm with at the time :s

My boyfriend/friends see different parts of my personality at different times, so no I dont think I act differently x
    We all act differently around different people. It's not as if it's deceiving your friends/partner by acting differently when you're in another social group, it's more than likely a completely different dynamic and thus is to be expected. It's probably not even "acting differently" to be honest, just that different aspects of personality are enhanced by different people and different social settings. :)
    I think I act the same way all the time.
    I think being yourself is really important tbh.
    i think i probably act slightly differently depending on who im with, but not that big a change. My bf acts pretty much the same whoever hes with, friends, family, my nana, hes just himself.
    Obviously act different with my partner though, I mean, i dont try and shag my friends and family.
    Obviously act different with my partner though, I mean, i dont try and shag my friends and family.

:lol: