Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Excuses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Your friends ask you to go out but you don't want to. You haven't been out or seen any of them for weeks even though they keep asking. You've used up all your excuses...no money, working early, feel ill...and they've countered them all....we'll lend you some, come out for a bit, you've been "ill" for weeks. They wont take no for an answer but they wont comprimise by coming round yours for a night in or even going to a closer pub.

How do you tell them you just don't want to go out without upsetting them or making them feel like you're avoiding them?

Comments

• Options
    You have to think to yourself, if you keep letting them down they'll stop asking you and loosing your friends isnt worth that really.

Just tell them you dont feel like it.
  • Options
    Thats the problem... I never feel like it.
    I actually hate going out but I don't want to lose my friends.
  • Options
    You need to compremise then. How long have you been like this? Is it since you've got a new partner or anything?
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    Your friends ask you to go out but you don't want to [...] they wont comprimise by coming round yours for a night in or even going to a closer pub.
    Work out why you don't want to. Then tell them.
  • Options
    Why don't you suggest they come round to you, or go somewhere you want to? Then you do the persuading...
  • Options
    You need to compremise then. How long have you been like this? Is it since you've got a new partner or anything?

A while. I used to go out every weekend then I started getting fed up of it. It's a load of reasons, none of which my friends will take as valid ones.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Why don't you suggest they come round to you, or go somewhere you want to? Then you do the persuading...

Tried it. No good. They don't go in for compromises. I go to them or I don't see them.
  • Options
    but arent they wondering WHY you dont go out with them anymore? because id have thought they would be, and that they would come round to see you to check you're ok.

am i right in thinking that you do want to see them, you just dont want to go out?
  • Options
    People come round to see me very rarely. I live by myself, my bf is here at the weekends and a couple of my friends come round a few times a month to watch films but thats it.

But, yea. I do want to see them and I would go out if they'd come a bit closer or go somewhere that didnt involve a full night of watching them get drunk.