Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

return visit to GUM clinic needed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Quick question. Due to the fact i've started seeing someone new, and not sure if wife was being safe when she had affair, i took a trip to the GUM clinic last week. Haven't done anything with new girlfriend, wanted results back first.

When i was there got told i had a small inflamation in the penis, the nurse said it could have been from where i got a PA piercing the week before. So gave me some antibiotics (7days worth) just incase. Well i got a txt saying to phone the clinic today. I phoned them and nurse said that i tested positive for chlamydia (guess the bitch wasn't safe) but as i'd already had the antibiotics i'll be fine.

I'm a little worried now, how do i know that the antibiotics have worked and i'm now clear. Should i go back to the clinic to get tested again, they didn't say anything on the phone about coming back in. I want to be sure that i'm in the clear before i do anything with my girlfriend.

Comments

• Options
    it couldnt hurt to get tested again could it.
    chances are the anti's will have cleared both infections however
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    i tested positive for chlamydia (guess the bitch wasn't safe) but as i'd already had the antibiotics i'll be fine.
    At least you can console yourself with the fact that she must have it too!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    At least you can console yourself with the fact that she must have it too!
    Yeah there is that i guess.
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    Yeah there is that i guess.
    i presume you are going to tell her about this?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i presume you are going to tell her about this?
    Yeah, as even though she hurt me i wouldn't want her to have any long term effect of it. As i know one of the effects is it can reduce the chances of her having a baby. And that how the whole thing started i think, when she miscarried over a year ago. something in her changed.
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    Quick question. Due to the fact i've started seeing someone new, and not sure if wife was being safe when she had affair, i took a trip to the GUM clinic last week. Haven't done anything with new girlfriend, wanted results back first.

When i was there got told i had a small inflamation in the penis, the nurse said it could have been from where i got a PA piercing the week before. So gave me some antibiotics (7days worth) just incase. Well i got a txt saying to phone the clinic today. I phoned them and nurse said that i tested positive for chlamydia (guess the bitch wasn't safe) but as i'd already had the antibiotics i'll be fine.

I'm a little worried now, how do i know that the antibiotics have worked and i'm now clear. Should i go back to the clinic to get tested again, they didn't say anything on the phone about coming back in. I want to be sure that i'm in the clear before i do anything with my girlfriend.
    What anti biotics were you given?
  • Options
    Chlamydia is cured by a one-dose lot of azithromycin. It's four tablets, however they tell you to wait a week before having sex again, just in case.
  • Options
    er cant remember what they were called. but it began with a "D". had 14 tablets, one in the morning and one at night for 7 days.
  • Options
    Personally, I would go back to the clinic just to put mind own mind at rest to ensure that the antibiotics had worked, if I was in your situtation.

I know it been said a thousand time but its always better to be safe then sorry.
  • Options
    yeah think i'll give them a ring when ihave five minutes today. either book a appointment or find out what time the walking closes.
  • Options
    Just phoned them, the walkin clinic is closed for the day now due to training. and opens back up on monday. Guess i'll head over before work on monday. I would think its all clear now, just want to make sure.

Phone the wife last night to suggest she get tested, and she had a go at me for suggesting she's might have it :mad: . Its not like i've slept with someone since, during. and the few i slept with before meeting her 4.5yrs ago i was safe.
  • Options
    i'm sure if they didn't think the antibiotics would have cleared it up that they would've called you in again for treatment.
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    er cant remember what they were called. but it began with a "D". had 14 tablets, one in the morning and one at night for 7 days.
    Doxycycline. Just wondered.
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:

Phone the wife last night to suggest she get tested, and she had a go at me for suggesting she's might have it :mad: . Its not like i've slept with someone since, during. and the few i slept with before meeting her 4.5yrs ago i was safe.

well she would, wouldn't she.

you've been the mature/sensible one in going to get tested and seems you're well shot of her.
  • Options
    lil_kazzy wrote:
    Chlamydia is cured by a one-dose lot of azithromycin. It's four tablets, however they tell you to wait a week before having sex again, just in case.
    You can be giving Doxycycline for it aswell.
  • Options
    Doxycycline. Just wondered.
    Yeah think that was the one. i know it was one of the same ones i was on for a short time for my spots when i was younger, before they put me on the really really strong stuff.
    well she would, wouldn't she.
    you've been the mature/sensible one in going to get tested and seems you're well shot of her.
    Yeah much happier now than i've been for a while, made new friends (lots of you on here), learning web design, italian and guitar, seeing more of my friends, just need to find more time in the day :chin: . Just hope shes not going to be a pain when it comes to signing paper work for house and divorce.
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    Yeah think that was the one. i know it was one of the same ones i was on for a short time for my spots when i was younger, before they put me on the really really strong stuff.

Yeah much happier now than i've been for a while, made new friends (lots of you on here), learning web design, italian and guitar, seeing more of my friends, just need to find more time in the day :chin: . Just hope shes not going to be a pain when it comes to signing paper work for house and divorce.
    Yeah its used for the skin also.
  • Options
    Well just visited them again to to check that the treatment work. after 2hr wait (i was the 2nd person there, but everyone after me went in first :mad: ) i got to see someone. Oh to me told that i cant be retested for about 6weeks. But they could check to see if the inflamation has gone down to see the treatment working. Said yes. so she went off, came back and said she's not sure, so now i'm no wiser than i was before. :impissed:

So now i've got 2 options, wait another 6-8weeks before gf and me can have sex. or use a condom and worry about if the treatment worked, and get retested later anyway.

Is using a condom 100% safe against chlamydia?
  • Options
    i'd say it's just the same as the chances of getting pregnant? i.e. with the condom breaking.
  • Options
    Yeah thats what i thought, be just wondered. I checked the stuff on TheSite, and a few other places. and didn't really say one way or another.
  • Options
    Prob not worth risking it with a new partner tbh. Did they know how long you had had it?
  • Options
    Personally I think I would wait to be sure. You two were planning on taking it slowly anyway weren't you?

Have you told the new girlfriend about the situation?