Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pill testing kits

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I ordered one the other day (Marquis Reagent test). Thought it would be handy to check for adulterants and whether pills contain chemicals from the MDxx family or not. Obviously they aren't anywhere near perfect, but it is an extra safety level.

Has or does anyone use the kits? If so, do you find them useful? If not, what is your opinion of them?

If you don't know anything about them there's some good info on erowid.org .

Comments

• Options
    ladyjade and bongbudda are gonna love you :p

in sayin that i do intend on gettin one .. some time!
  • Options
    I used to use them when I did pills, it was largely for interest because I knew my dealer well and he always took them first and would tell me what was in them. Which of course is hardly a scientific test but he'd done enough to be able to tell me what it was.

Its good to know though, and you can get a relatively good idea of strength from the test too based on the speed of the reaction.

More than anything, you are putting this drug in your body, something I presume you value reasonably highly, so why wouldnt you take every safety measure you can?
  • Options
    at last, someone with sense.
  • Options
    at last, someone with sense.

I only had to mention it about a million times.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its good to know though, and you can get a relatively good idea of strength from the test too based on the speed of the reaction.

What sort of reaction speeds would you be looking for when it comes to strong or weak pills then? few seconds?
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    What sort of reaction speeds would you be looking for when it comes to strong or weak pills then? few seconds?

It should react quickly, turning a deep dark purple almost instantly.
  • Options
    Who gives a fuck about testing kits? Just eat them and find out. It's all part of the buzz!
  • Options
    I just tested a couple of my pills.

The first was a diamond-shaped one, which my mate took 3 of and got nothing. The reaction was a very weak yellow. So either 2CB or weak amphetamine in that one. Not a good drop :(

The second was a shark, which was a pretty good high when I took them. This gave a very deep purple, almost black, and reacted almost instantly. So fairly strong MDxx chemical in there.

Conclusion: I wish I had this kit before I got those shit pills! Will be testing everything from now on. :thumb:

turlough: It's alright saying that, but if you eat it and find out it's actually got fuck-all in it, then what? If I've bought 7 or 14 of a shit batch I'm fucked. And I don't like buying stuff in the club anyway, so for me it's better to do this before so at least I know I'll get something when I'm in there.
  • Options
    Ah well...If they're shit pills then shit happens. Better luck next time.

Seriously though...what person who takes E's tests their pills. It just doesn't happen. E heads aren't the type of drug taker who gives a fuck about their health or safety. It's all about getting fucked and not giving a fuck what you're doing to yourself. And I loved it!
  • Options
    The Sun would have killed for a comment like that 10 years ago
  • Options
    turlough with some responsible advice as per usual ;)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Seriously though...what person who takes E's tests their pills. It just doesn't happen. E heads aren't the type of drug taker who gives a fuck about their health or safety. It's all about getting fucked and not giving a fuck what you're doing to yourself. And I loved it!

Pill users you know might not care what wierd crap they put into their body but others do. I find it quite sad that you obviously have so little regard for your own safety.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Pill users you know might not care what wierd crap they put into their body but others do. I find it quite sad that you obviously have so little regard for your own safety.

Nope I got fucked up and got HPPD and I don't give a fuck.

Hahahahahahahahaha fuckety fuck fuck fuck.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    :crying: @ Turlough
  • Options
    free trip :cool:
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    free trip :cool:

True enough though.

Seriously...you only live once. Who cares if you fuck yourself up and die. At least you had some buzz on the way :D
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Seriously...you only live once. Who cares if you fuck yourself up and die. At least you had some buzz on the way :D

Its precisely because you only live once that you have to look after yourself, which doesnt mean living like a monk just paying some consideration to your body.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    True enough though.

Yeah but if you're still careful about it, you can have a lot more buzz along the way 'cos you've got a better chance of staying alive longer. I'm still having a buzz.
  • Options
    Yeah but if you're still careful about it, you can have a lot more buzz along the way 'cos you've got a better chance of staying alive longer. I'm still having a buzz.

Stick with it, decent pills will give you a better experience anyway.
  • Options
    The purpose of drug use is pleasure and exploration relative to harm. If one is able to make use of things that can HELP ensure a more favourable outcome, then it follows in your pursuit that this would be the better course.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    True enough though.

Ah, how I long for more carefree friends such as yourself. We all have times when we do not give a fuck. Just don't go so far as to get yourself killed, friend...
  • Options
    We all have our destructive and dont give a fuck about what happens to us times..... but most of us grow out of it and actually care what happens.
  • Options
    Well I do now obviously....No one can go 100 mph all their lives.
  • Options
    I don't think testing is a bad idea but I do love the time in between taking and coming up when you've no idea if you bought a crap batch or if your heads about to explode. Calm before the storm and all that. Makes it all a bit more exciting.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Well I do now obviously....No one can go 100 mph all their lives.

Some do...... but they die way earlier than they could have.
  • Options

True, but they cover much more distance going 100mph than going 10mph their whole life.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

Lemmy is still kicking arse.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I've never used them.
    How many people would let a test kit actually affect your decision to take them? I enjoy the fact that there are adulterants in pills - it mean no pill is ever the same.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I've never used them.
    How many people would let a test kit actually affect your decision to take them? I enjoy the fact that there are adulterants in pills - it mean no pill is ever the same.

These kits arent accurate enough to tell you what is exactly in the pill, but they will give you a good idication as to how strong it is, which is surely a good thing.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I've never used them.
    How many people would let a test kit actually affect your decision to take them?

After my experience of getting a complete-waste-of-time-and-money batch, which afterwards was confirmed with a test, I'd say in future it will definitely affect my decision. Why bother trying to come up on some shitty pill when you could go out and buy something decent, rather than trying to scrabble round the club looking for some shady dealer who'll probably rip you off for yet another dodgy pill anyway??
    Skive wrote:
    I enjoy the fact that there are adulterants in pills - it mean no pill is ever the same.

I can understand why you might say that, but IMO that's a pretty daft mentality to have. I can fully appreciate wanting to live life on the edge and everything, and take risks, but I think some risks are worth taking and others aren't. Yes a different mix of chemicals will give u a different high, but get it wrong with some crap you didn't realise was there and bang game over. I know a lot of people disagree with this way I've decided to do it, but IMO it's the best way to enjoy it and be safe too.