Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I need help,desperatly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a mom and one on the way,I know my husband is lieing to me about talking with another girl he had cheated on me with ,he wanted to be back with me ,and swears he has nothing to do with her,but I am guilty of snooping which I feel horrible about ,but I know its all true though he completely denies it all and tells me to stop accusing him and its my issue to get over if I cant trust him,and I cant I also know he talks to girls online and even told one he wanted a new step mom for his kids,I recently lost my 8 year job due to it closing I am at home ,with no job pregnant and nowhere to turn ,I realize this is probably a long winded story ,but im trying to cut it down ,I have nowhere to go and I cant confront him,he always denies everything and blames me,I cant take it anymore and I dont know what to do ,I know he wont leave ,as I ve gotten mad before and told him to do so and he tells me I shuold leave if I am unhappy,But i have no where to go! Any one have any ideas? please help I am a desperate mom!

Comments

• Options
    erm...ive really not got any idea of what to say...
    I'd suggest being honest with him, tell him you've snooped and tell him what you've found, try not to get upset - just be blunt with him and see what he says.
    But i'd wait for others to respond tbh because i dont think i can give the best advice for a situation like this.
  • Options
    I appreciate anything you or anyone else has to say,hmmm to confront him is a very big deal he is a very good manipulator ,and I hate to say that about a man I love..loved,but he can turn me saying the sky is blue into it being purple and me believeing it ,.Crazy I know, but no matter how much he lies and cheats ,my snooping will be the worst thing ever to him,believe me I live everyday just wanting to tell him all I know,and there are days I force myself not to look,and Im the shmuck for taking him back,but im also stuck being he makes the money,I sound like a bad movie ,LOL but I would like to listen to anything about now so any advice is good advice ! So thank you!
  • Options
    Hi there CDJ

First congrats on the new arrival!!! I have just come out of a 6 year realtionship due to him cheating on me, and man it is the hardest thing to comprehend. Once trust is broken it is really difficult for you to ever trust again. i can understand that you are in a sticky situation finiancially, but if you dont trust him (and he is giving you reasons not to) then you need to get out. the fact that he is manipulating you aswell is really worrying, i know that when there are kids involded, getting out is easier said than done, but staying in a realtionship just for the kids is the worst thing that you can do to them. You should be entitiled to financial support from him, and you will be amazed at how many people will be willing to help you get on your feet.

I know that you love him and want to trust him, but he is lying to you. i agree with icey, you must confront him, tell him what you know, if he really loves you and the kids he will come clean and try to start over.

you need to start working on becoming independent, even if you are going to stay together, that was the biggest mistake that i made was being dependent on my ex, when we split, i had nothing, but slowly i am getting back on my feet.

that said...... follow your heart, do what you feel (in the pit of your stomach) is right!!

good luck and let me know what happens!!
  • Options
    cdj wrote:
    I am a mom and one on the way,I know my husband is lieing to me about talking with another girl he had cheated on me with ,he wanted to be back with me ,and swears he has nothing to do with her,but I am guilty of snooping which I feel horrible about

If you're 'snooping' then you obviously don't trust him enough...
  • Options
    cdj wrote:
    I am a mom and one on the way,I know my husband is lieing to me about talking with another girl he had cheated on me with ,he wanted to be back with me ,and swears he has nothing to do with her,but I am guilty of snooping which I feel horrible about ,but I know its all true though he completely denies it all and tells me to stop accusing him and its my issue to get over if I cant trust him,and I cant I also know he talks to girls online and even told one he wanted a new step mom for his kids,I recently lost my 8 year job due to it closing I am at home ,with no job pregnant and nowhere to turn ,I realize this is probably a long winded story ,but im trying to cut it down ,I have nowhere to go and I cant confront him,he always denies everything and blames me,I cant take it anymore and I dont know what to do ,I know he wont leave ,as I ve gotten mad before and told him to do so and he tells me I shuold leave if I am unhappy,But i have no where to go! Any one have any ideas? please help I am a desperate mom!

Hi,,,,I know it's going to be hard but you must confront him with what you do know.He cant lie and deny if you confront him with what you know! He was the one who cheated on you and is continually lying about chatting to other girls online.He broke your trust, he should be working hard to get you to trust him again.He is absolving himself of responsibility saying it's your issue that you dont trust him!!! You get strong girl, take no crap from him and confront him !! Yes , you were snooping but with good reason! Remind him that he was the one who betrayed you and that he STILL IS by lying to you!.Don't let him manipulate you into thinking you are the one at fault.He needs to earn your trust back,not give you more reason to not trust him.Take a deep breath babe and nail him with the evidence.He wont be able to deny it once you confront him, dont listen to lame excuses either.Keep in control though, dont stress you or the bambino to be.Good Luck with it.Keep us posted Babe
    x
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    If you're 'snooping' then you obviously don't trust him enough...
    from what it sounds like to me, she trusts him more than he deserves.

I dont envy you one bit. Hes cheated on you, is still talking to other girls and contemplating cheating on you more - ie wants new stepmum for his kids - i mean wtf?

You must feel so vulnerable right now, but in my opinion, its better to be a single mum than to bring your children up in an abusive relationship like that. He sounds like an emotional bully and hes a cheater, and that IS abuse.
    Hes playing with your mind, and you need to find some strength and a way to get out of your situation.
    Ive just come out of a 9 year marriage last year and I have a 5 year old son, so i know its not easy. mine wasnt my choice - some of the things you say about your partner do sound incredibly familiar though - the kind of person who makes you feel like youre going mad, and its all your fault, when really its HIM.

I dont know whether youre in britain or not, but it is worth going to your local council I think and talk to a housing advisor about emergency housing, or even womens refuge (that may sound extreme, but emotional abuse counts)

Good luck, and keep posting. Youll get good support here :)
  • Options
    Hello and welcome.
    I have to say like the others that it will be best if you confront him about it, if not for yourself for your kids. Rainbow's right about the housing issue if you feel that you cant move because you've got nowhere to go (if family cant help) the council should be able to help.

Hope it works out for you. and keep on posting. Lots of people here to help and support
  • Options
    thank you all so much...for everything, Iwas up all night sick,because I am snooping and it does make me feel horrible but its the only way to proove that he is doing what my gut tells me ,his phone beeped in the middle of the night ,a message from the girl he cheated with,telling him im a wacko and crazy (because i had gotten nasty letters saying hewas still cheating stuck to my front door of all places) which he denies but blamed heras well as i did ,so he must have told her this and now she calls me the wacko! LOL I wanted so badlty to tell him I saw this message and all the I love you's sent back and fourth ,and he also states to her about the other girls he wants to be with ,but I felt my kids are home from school this week and I did not want to fight with him while they were here ,I am unforuntatly not that strong ,I wish I was but there are so many factors,I am pregnant a three and seven year old ,ALL BOYS..I am afraid of hurting them as well as we have only one car now he wrecked the truck in the snow,and we have like no money, and I hate to take my son from his school and friends ,I only have my mom here who really has nothing to with it it except tell me Im married and to deal with it ,plus shes a cheater aso ,I am sad to say,I am so scared of the fight I will start by doing this, I have no support from his family as they all stopped talking to us both when I took him bac,he is a horrible person to fight with ,you just cant win he's one of those doubletalking people who use all the big words and guilt on you ,I always back down, and now i want to nail the evidence to him as YoYo said ,but I just dont know how to go about it,with out up rooting my kids and myself ,I am supposed to be on bed rest ,I have placenta previa to boot, I am from Ny Anyone know if I can leagally make my husband leave ,Im sure I cant just say he's cheating I dont know of any housing projects on long Island where I am from ,but I can try to find out?I think he should leave ,but I nkow he wont ,then he would also take the car,and make me more miserable ,if thats possible!I am new at this I don't know if I should be posting a new thread ,or if i continue to answer here ? LOL I appreciate all the help !
  • Options
    i have to go and get my son now, but am going to reply properly later. Your husband is a BULLY and is ABUSING you. If you stay, your sons will learn how to be a man from their dad. They will think that is the right way to treat their partners. You cant do that. Its your responsibility too. Youre not just a victim and you need to leave that cheater/loser/arsehole excuse for a man.
    Go to the womens refuge if you have to. This wont get easier, you need to think of your baby, you have placenta pravia. You surely know how dangerous that is, you need to avoid stress.
  • Options
    The placenta previa ,could be from stress ,but I thought it was due to my previous sections ,I have had three already ,(we lost a son) four years ago.So I dont know,But they check it quite often.I have read about it and know how bad it is,I don't want my boys to end up like him,AT ALL.You would think he would just want to leave ,if I confronted him ,LOL but he's not that way he would stay just to make me suffer....and it kills me that he acts like nothing is wrong and tells me everyday he loves me,that is what pisses me off the most ,if he treated me like shit every moment of every day,it would be easier..I will look into a place to go.
  • Options
    Well all day I tried to get up the courage to say something to him while he was at work ,and of course he called to say he wasent coming home he has to work tonight too,it figures!
  • Options
    Is there any way you could possibly get some support from your mother or his parents? If you told them that you want out and need some help to get back to your feet?
    It does sound like you need some help to get out, and I don't doubt for a minute that it's more than a little hard to get out of a relationship like this with two children while being pregnant. But I am certain that if you truly want to, you can do it and can make it work out. It's unfair to both you and your sons to stay with a husband/father who is a cheater. If he has cheated on you before and you took him back and he is shamelessly doing it again, he will not stop.

Is there anybody who you trust and could talk to? I think you need to assert yourself mentally and having somebody for support would definitely help with that.
  • Options
    I really wish that I could turn to family ,but the truth is as I said earlier, my mom is currently having an affair witha married man herself ,she is the last person I can turn to she feels I am married and need to deal with it,and his family all stopped talking to me when I took him back last year,though it was a good idea ,unfortunatly not one I can do,I wish that there wasa person I could trust, but really my friends are to far away,or busy with their own lives, and problems.This is why I came here,because I literally felt like I was gonna have an emotional meltdown,If I did not talk to someone.But I appreciate all you say ,and thank you for your help!
  • Options
    well I tried to confront him yesterday ,and he completely blew me off started a fight with me over "EATING HIS CEREAL" of all things ,and says that if I am so unhappy with him I should leave! And now he says he's going on a long ski weekend next week with his friend ,who he had call me to "proove " he was going ,I said yea you''ll lie and he'll swear to it,he wont hear me and leaves when I try to talk,I got to the point I wanted to wack him in the head with a pan! LOL Should I confront the girl?maybe that wouldd get through to him,or should I just put his stiff out side when he leaves?I thought of changing the locks, but I'm afraid I will get in trouble for doing this ,(with the law)I called asome places the other day ,and I was told by some lawyers and leagal aid, that I can't make him leave ,Even if I file papers ?
  • Options
    He sounds the same sort of arsehole as my ex husband tbh, although yours sounds even worse. My ex was a cunt, and I stayed, and put up with his completely unreasonable behaviour, the fact he made me feel like I was going mad, and when we argued, sometimes I wanted to kill him, the way he made me feel, the way he would play mind games and turn EVERYTHING round to being my fault and it was because I was apparently nuts or something"just like the rest of my family". the fact he treated me with contempt, ignored me half the time, yet was mr wonderful to all his mates.
    I stayed cos I was married. Im kinda like that. I thought well this is what I signed up for, but you know, he left me anyway. Thats the thing. He said he didnt love me anymore(after 9 years), and I was like WTF, it should have been the other way round. If its a bad relationship, then one of you is gonna have to leave at some point. People dont stay unhappy forever. There will come a time when its too much for you. My husband nearly broke me when he left, but I am SO happy now. After the initial first few months of living hell. I never thought I could be this happy. I thought that was my life but you DESERVE happiness. What you are living with is abuse.
  • Options
    dont have much to say on the matter but he sounds like a right dickhead, get rid of him
  • Options
    i dont know about the law there, but if i was in that situation i would move all his stuff out of the house onto the pavement while he's away, changing the locks might be a good idea if he gets unreasonable. if he refuses to listen to you when you try to confront him then write it all down (keep a copy so you remember what you've said to him) and leave it in an envelope on top of his stuff. dont let him in when he gets back, tell him you may not know everything but you know enough that you never want him to be near you or your kids again. you say your friends are too busy, try contacting them anyway, call them while he's away and talk the whole thing out, they may be more supportive than you expect.
    I have no respect for cheaters- my dad had at least 5 affairs while i was young and totally destroyed my mum's life, his previous marriage had ended for the same reason, the only reason men like that stop is because they get too old to pull, or too lazy to make the effort to creep around anymore, get out before your baby is born- the more time you spend there, the harder it will be.
    good luck
  • Options
    wow..this is a pretty tough situation because you have two kids to think of.but if you feel that you simply can't trust him anymore -even if it is just your 'imagination' or intuition - then you won't do any good to your kids by sticking with him.

my parents tried to stick together although my mom didn't trust my dad, but in the end it was a living hell cos my sis n i got caught up in the middle of a marriage that was seriously in trouble.i was pretty relieved when it all ended after 18 looong years of seeing them fight all the time.

if you have no place to go and no money, then i think you should come up with a plan to support yourself now!try n think think of any family or friends who could help you. if you don't have anyone then try family support services or women's support services. there are plenty in the UK i'm sure. just pick up the phone directory or go onlnie n find them. they'll help you with finding a place to live, giv you tips on supporting yourself til you're able to work again and finding a job.

i just think that if you're always worried abt him cheating on you, and he's doing nothing to make you think otherwise besides telling you that it's in your head, then it's time you got your thoughts into gear n did soemthing abt it. your suffering will not go un-noticed by your kids - trust me! n it probably will affect them in the long run.

whatever you decide to do -good luck!
  • Options
    thank you soooo much for all the advice, I really needed it and its nice to not hear Im crazy for once! I would love to throw the stuff out while he's gone LOL I just dont know how to explain that to the kids ,how can I telll them with out "telling them"?
  • Options
    First of all, try to do it without the kids present, when they're in school or send them off to visit a relative or get a neighbour to baby-sit them at their house- whatever. You can explain later when things are calmer. If you absolutely must do this in the presence of your children then I'd say try to explain the situation to them in a way that they can understand, something along the lines of "daddy and I have a problem right now, and I am doing this and everything I can to try and solve it", if they ask what problem it is say that its an adult problem and that they have nothing to do with it, that its between you and him, so they have nothing to do really but try and be supportive of you and be good kids for now, that that's the best way they can help, and that things will settle in a little whiles time. And if a tear leaks out while you say this don't worry so much, just say that mummuy's upset about the problem- they'll be able to percieve it anyway but it's best to be clear, otherwise they might think you're upset about something they have done.

Hope it helps, and good luck.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    First of all, try to do it without the kids present, when they're in school or send them off to visit a relative or get a neighbour to baby-sit them at their house- whatever. You can explain later when things are calmer. If you absolutely must do this in the presence of your children then I'd say try to explain the situation to them in a way that they can understand, something along the lines of "daddy and I have a problem right now, and I am doing this and everything I can to try and solve it", if they ask what problem it is say that its an adult problem and that they have nothing to do with it, that its between you and him, so they have nothing to do really but try and be supportive of you and be good kids for now, that that's the best way they can help, and that things will settle in a little whiles time. And if a tear leaks out while you say this don't worry so much, just say that mummuy's upset about the problem- they'll be able to percieve it anyway but it's best to be clear, otherwise they might think you're upset about something they have done.
    Hope it helps, and good luck.

well this really depends on whether ur husband is going to make a huge deal of this n tell the kids that mommy's tearing the family apart - n if he's a HUGE arsehole who doesn't giv a damn about anyone but himself,he probably might do this!
    i think you should talk with your kids about this - without bad mouthing your husband, no matter how much of an asshole he is to you, he's "daddy" to the kids n it will break their hearts to hear you dissing him. jus tell them that you'll feel that both of you will be better parents apart rather than together...or something along those lines. they might be confused n hurt at first, but as time goes along they'll see that they're happy because you're happy - because your state of mind will determine what kind of parent you are. good luck,...and a big hug!
  • Options
    thank you for the help, Im sure my oldest will be upset as he knew when my husband cheated the last time with the same young girl,he tried to make my kids be friendly with her ,when he left,and he hated her and cried everytime he took them around her,my three year old was small so he did not really know,but I had to stop him from seeing them except for here so he would not be so upset, ...my oldest though...I think I can kinda tell him whats going on ,without saying why cause it will brake his heart to know this I dont even have a nice word for her ...little bleep bleep,is the cause of things again,along with his dad,I am postitive that my husband will absolutely ,flip out if hes gone and i change the locks ,and he will call the police and all the drama will start ,I know him ,...and he's friends with all the cops around here,so it should be lots of fun ....LOL