Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Paranoid or reason to be

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think i have to be the most paranoid person ever but i just want to hear what other people think and hopefully it will put my mind at ease. Heres the story. I am taking the pill and i was on my last two pills of the pack (wedensday and thursday) when i got a bladder infection and was given antibiotics which reduced the effectivness of the pill. I later found out that i should of run two packs of pills together without the seven day break because i extended the pill free week to 9 days meaning my overies could of realease an egg. I then had unprotected sex 11 days after starting my new pack thinking a week of taking the pill again would make it safe. But i wanted to be safe so 45 hours later took the morning after pill (but i know its more effective if taken within 12 hours). In your opinion do you think i need to be worrying because i have to wait two weeks before i am due for a period.

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Claire,
    Try not to panick, it's pretty normal to be anxious in this kind of situation - especially when you have tried to be careful and prevent pregnancy, but you weren't aware that you needed to run two packs of pills together.

In terms of the morning after pill, it does have a pretty successful reputation and in theory should work up to 72 hours after intercourse at the latest. You had also been taking the normal pill for 11 days which increases your chance of being protected.

However, obviously there is no way for us to know for sure whether you are pregnant or not so perhaps you might feel better if you buy a home pregnancy test or visit your local family planning clinic or Brook centre.

Alternatively, you may just benefit from speaking to an expert about your situation and maybe even contraception in general. If so why not try the fpa
    which provides Confidential information and advice on sexual health.

Tel: 0845 3101334

Take good care of yourself ;)