Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Liverpool- Man U

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Sadly I'm at work and couldn't watch but look forward to the highlights- it appeared to have been a good game.

Unfortunately it was all marred by Smith's horrific injury. It does sound pretty bad and the bloke on the radio said most other player looked genuinely shocked at the sight of his leg.

There's a picture of Smith being carried off and the lad looked white as a sheet even with the oxygen... :( The season must be over for him but hopefully he will play in the not too distant future.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He was pretty much grey... Ruud Boy went over and walked away covering his mouth like he was going to chuck up. Apparently he's broken his leg and dislocated his ankle... according to my Dad/Sky Sports anyway.

As for the game, Liverpool were all over United.
    Only caught the last 10 minutes myself.

Riise took a shot...Smith jumped to block it and hurt himself when he fell...it looks serious like.

Good result though.
    Terrible game.

You can't play 2 left wingers in the middle up against Gerrard. :banghead:

Liverpool don't play good football but they're very effective at what they do. Neither team had too many chances but United had no answer to Liverpool's physical approach. It was a poor match footballing wise.

Alan Smith's injury was a shocker. He'll be out for ages. Another midfielder bites the dust. I hope he can recover eventually and it's not career threatening. Same goes for Paul Scholes.