Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Brighton

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
was thinking of going on a romantic weekend away to Brighton. Has anyone got any recommendations of places to stay that arent too expensive, yet dont resemble crack dens? Also things to do when there?
cheers thankyou :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not so much somewhere to stay but a tip, when eating ice cream on the pier watch out for seagulls, I was there last summer and one flew down and stole my bf's ice cream and he was left holding only the cone.
  • Options
    was thinking of going on a romantic weekend away to Brighton. Has anyone got any recommendations of places to stay that arent too expensive, yet dont resemble crack dens? Also things to do when there?
    cheers thankyou :)

There are loads and loads of B&Bs by the pier. You'll probably end up paying upto about £30 a night.

The Pavillion and Sea Life Center is always worth seeing if you want to do the touristy thing. Best thing to do is when you get here go to any pub and you should be able to pick up a copy of a magazine called "The Source" (it's free). It's got lists of everthing that worth going to on a day by day basis.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Traveleodge. Cheap and cheerful.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm not sure Brighton is very romantic - and there's lots of drunks walking the streets at night at least whenever I've been down there.

But if you book 3 weeks in advance you can get some travel lodge place for £10 a night
  • Options
    its just somewhere ive never been but i know loads of people that love it there.

Im not a typical person really though so maybe thats why it appeals.
  • Options
    Plenty of random things highly reccommended is to get lost in the lanes, got lots of random funky shops, lots of bars and loads of restaurants. Clubbing wise stay away from West Street you can't miss it follow the howl of police sirens and the site of skantily clad 16 year old lasses.
    Lived here all my life wouldn't want to live anywhere else, and yourbabe Worthing aint all that bad appart from all the coffin dodgers and chav boy racers at teville gate!!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    its just somewhere ive never been but i know loads of people that love it there.

Im not a typical person really though so maybe thats why it appeals.

Hey rainbow brite - what's your budget?
    I stayed here a couple of years ago and it's just a B&B, but as you can see, it's far from your typical B&B! It's really central, the breakfast is divine and the people who work there are really lovely.

Oh and this is for an extra special occassion and can really splash the cash.

You'll love Brighton - have fun :D
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Hey rainbow brite - what's your budget?
    I stayed here a couple of years ago and it's just a B&B, but as you can see, it's far from your typical B&B! It's really central, the breakfast is divine and the people who work there are really lovely.

Oh and this is for an extra special occassion and can really splash the cash.

You'll love Brighton - have fun :D

WOW! look at the boudior themed room in that hotel...I know it seems a bit tacky but I'd proper love to stay there! how cool! haha.

I want to go to Brighton :(
  • Options
    Come and join us come and join us come and join us down ere lol
    I feel a thesite.org Brighton meet up lol.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Too many gingers there! :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I wanna go to brighton too...