Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"Go On Stoke, Go On Stoke!!!"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Going to the Britannia on Sunday for the FA Cup Match versus Birmingham City!
Hopefully the unthinkable will happen! Not exactly on form but neither are Birmingham.

Any thoughts on the two teams and any odds or scorelines!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    hope Birmingham win to be honest, cant stand Stoke, and i dont think they are very keen on us.
  • Options
    Cardiff beat Stoke 3-0 twice this season. :thumb:
  • Options
    1-0 at home 3-0 away are my previous memories of stoke this season. cant see stoke keeping out the young goal machines of heskey and sutton tbh hehe.
  • Options
    Fair play, the last thing I was expecting is praise for Stoke City FC! But you never know the lads havn't got anything to lose and the suprises the FA Cup sometimes brings...

Hopefully Bangoura will be playing!
  • Options
    Stoke winning is unthinkable.

I am ashamed to say it, but come on Steve Bruce!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Stoke winning is unthinkable.

I am ashamed to say it, but come on Steve Bruce!

:yuck:
  • Options
    Stoke City 0 Birmingham 1

City bowed out of the FA Cup at the Fifth Round stage as there were beaten by a single goal.

Mikael Forssell popped up at the back post early in the second half to break City hearts and seal the Blues' place in the quarter finals.

City made a relatively slow start to the game as the Blues controlled the opening exchanges.

Emile Heskey and Forssell both had chances to test the home defence but City held firm and started to outplay the Premiership visitors.

Luke Chadwick saw a vicious shot blocked while the Potters had a shout for a handball soon after when Nicky Butt appeared to handle Peter Sweeney's cross.

Dave Brammer got in on the act as he tested 'keeper Maik Taylor before Sammy Bangoura fired a shot just wide of the mark.

The Blues forced there way back into the game through the impressive Jermaine Pennant but it was City who were in control.

Bangoura latched onto a flick on from Clint Hill while City's best chance fell to Carl Hoefkens, whose thunderbolt shot forced a superb save from Taylor.

After the break, City were dealt a major blow when Birmingham scored after just two minutes.

Martin Latka flicked Pennant's corner into the path for Forssell and he hooked the ball home.

City fought back resiliently and should have equalised through skipper Michael Duberry but Taylor was again on hand to pull off a good save.

Bangoura then headed a free ball straight into the arms of Taylor from Mamady Sidibe's centre for City's best chance of the game.

City huffed and puffed late on but it was not to be as the Birmingham defence held firm under a barrage of pressure.