Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

who will the next big war be between

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    haha. Some funny ones there. Leeds fans vs Turkish Internal Squad! Aye that is likley.

Well the big favorite is USA vs Iran.

Maybe the invasion of Iraq was a precursor to invadeing Iran. I mean they now have them on 3 sides don't they?

If you read the Bible code books, the bloke and if you bleive, bible, reckon its gonna be with Isreal. SOme big terrorist attack, possibly nuclear is gonna start it off so I reckon Isrela could unveil its not so secret nuke aresnal and start unleashing, but who would they bomb?

I guess Iran is a favorite, the remains of Plaestine perhaps?

I remember seeing someone on tv last year being asked who would be kicking off and they reckoned North Korea. I think they were osychi or something.

So North Korea vs USA and South Korea is another bet.

I do fancy China vs USA as well. I wouldn't like to call that one actually. China are a lot tougher then we think I wager.

Hmmmm

Maybe Germany will try again, 3rd time maybe! Rolling over France like before. I doubt it though.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Walkindude wrote:
    Well the big favorite is USA vs Iran.

Maybe the invasion of Iraq was a precursor to invadeing Iran. I mean they now have them on 3 sides don't they?

I've been saying it for ages. If it was over Oil, there are far better countries to screw.

The US would have to be stupid to try again.

I say China. And within 20 years, as Cain said... but by then, the whole Chinese sarmy will be equivilent, or better, than Western tech. Only thing left right now, is finish equiping their army (thats happening bloody fast btw) and upgrade the navy... also well under way. Navy is their weak point, but it's getting damn stronger.

Thing with it being in Taiwan is... the US navy is within the striking distance of the World's Largest Airforce... now with GOOD planes. The Su-27... with some Anti-Ship missiles... The J-10... and thousands of anchient MiG rip-offs. Actually, they are phasing them out as Target Drones now. :( Waste! I want one!
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    leeds fans vs the turkish international squad
    Please! Turkish teams supporters already murdered two of our boys in cold blood. I dont think it is quite the time for comments like that!
  • Options
    If the USA took on China, Brtain would have a real dilema about involvement, but that aside for the minute, China may have the biggest airforce in the world, with out doubt a huge benefit, but it is mostly fight planes is it not? They need to refuel alot more then long range bombers! American Navy could obliterate the chinese coastline in a matter of days. Take out all the Eastern indutry and leave the rest of china which is agrarian based intact. The airforce could be whiped out with hardly any planes making it off the ground! Then they would have no hope with out going nuclear!

BANG! WW3! Judgement day!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Please! Turkish teams supporters already murdered two of our boys in cold blood. I dont think it is quite the time for comments like that!

it wasn't exactly distasteful... They are understandably pissed off so i made a joke about it :p

I do have a pretty weird sense of humour though i spose ..i dont mean anything by it :d
  • Options
    Thats, ok, just fresh in my memory, we used to have alot of Turkish matches and ended up with trouble with them all.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Thats, ok, just fresh in my memory, we used to have alot of Turkish matches and ended up with trouble with them all.

Trouble with Leeds fans involved? Good Lord!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    China may have the biggest airforce in the world, with out doubt a huge benefit, but it is mostly fight planes is it not? They need to refuel alot more then long range bombers!
    No. They have plenty of strike aircraft and bombers.
    The H6D is a specific Anti-Ship plane:
    There are a small number of the H5 still in service, mostly being phased out long ago.
    The J7A can be armed in the anti-ship role too.
    Then there is the improved Q5D, which has replaced (nearly) all the original and rather limited Q5's.
    The Su-30MKK can conduct Anti-Ship missions and has a fair range. Can also shoot down pretty much anything it wants to in the air. It also has many Su-27's/J-11's (Licensed Copy) and the J-10 can carry an anti-ship payload.

Let's not forget how China has sold it's soul to the devil, though. ;)
    subject13 wrote:
    American Navy could obliterate the chinese coastline in a matter of days. Take out all the Eastern indutry and leave the rest of china which is agrarian based intact. The airforce could be whiped out with hardly any planes making it off the ground! Then they would have no hope with out going nuclear!

Doubtful. The navy would have alot more to contend with before getting a chance to do that. E.g: Air strikes, China's stupid amount of submarines, albiat mostly diesel electric, they can still sink a ship. And china has extreme amounts of them. It has few Nuclear subs, which is why it is more a defensive navy. They have also ordered more. (Why buy more diesel electric? Why not just Nuclear? Mad people.) Either way, the US Navy would have a hard time. Especially as they are low on funds. See: Debt. HUGE amounts. And also, alot of equipment is tied up in the middle east. Even after a pull-out, they will be fixing and replenishing for ages. Not to mention the US will be not receiving imports from China, meaning back home shops will have large sections empty.

As for Britain? We couldn't afford war with China. South Korea and Japan are hardly great threats to China either.
  • Options
    Nah, the USA nuclear submarine force would gain total submersive domination with in 48 hours. Topside, the US navy acting in a pre-emptive strike could catch the chinese airforce totally off guard.

With support troops from Japan and Sout Korea backing up American ground troops, the Eastern coastlien could be taken. Though all counts on surprise...not something that is likely!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Nah, the USA nuclear submarine force would gain total submersive domination with in 48 hours. Topside, the US navy acting in a pre-emptive strike could catch the chinese airforce totally off guard.

Yes. I am sure the Chinese would NEVER spot a Huge Navy coming at them. There is such a thing as Radar and Satelites and Sonar to spot them before they even get near. China is no longer 30 years out of date. And I wouldn't count on total domination under there. You any idea just HOW MANY subs the Chinese have? It's alright them not being great... but numbers play an important factor, especially in something like Submersive combat. And they have quite a few Sub Killer Heli's.
    subject13 wrote:
    With support troops from Japan and Sout Korea backing up American ground troops, the Eastern coastlien could be taken. Though all counts on surprise...not something that is likely!

The Japanese army is alright. It's not great. As for the South Koreans... well... I suppose it's better than nothing. ;)
  • Options
    I don't think it'll necessarily be a war between countries per se but a war of cultures & religion. In fact I think its already underway, its a war between fundamental Islam and Western secular society. The two cannot co-exist and the war will be a prolonged and deadly one. We had a "trailer" of it some centuries ago, now the end game is being played out. The troubling fact is that nuclear weapons will be used at some point.
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:
    I don't think it'll necessarily be a war between countries per se but a war of cultures & religion. In fact I think its already underway, its a war between fundamental Islam and Western secular society. The two cannot co-exist and the war will be a prolonged and deadly one. We had a "trailer" of it some centuries ago, now the end game is being played out. The troubling fact is that nuclear weapons will be used at some point.

It seems more to me, a war between Religion in General too, and a society free from Religious conflict where people are free to chose their own beleifs. Or an oppresive society, where no one choses any beleif. Or indeed, anything.
  • Options
    Come on Teh Gerbil...come on now, come on chap, come on!

Nuclear subs weapons range means they could wipe out the Chinese Subs, despite superior numbers with out even putting themselves in danger. But more importantly, the America navy carries out routine manouvers in the taiwanese area all the time. China wouldnt even go on alert if an "exercise" was underway! Once the initial strike is underway, the main force could come into mop up.

Pre-emptive attack! The definitive way to victory in most cases!

Although as the american military is piss poor at everthing it has ever done ever in the history of warfare...maybe they would get their asses handed to them after a month long ass raping by the chinese!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Come on Teh Gerbil...come on now, come on chap, come on!

Nuclear subs weapons range means they could wipe out the Chinese Subs, despite superior numbers with out even putting themselves in danger. But more importantly, the America navy carries out routine manouvers in the taiwanese area all the time. China wouldnt even go on alert if an "exercise" was underway! Once the initial strike is underway, the main force could come into mop up.

You are aware the Chinese Navy is on nearly constant patrol as are their planes in that area, monitoring it the whole time?

The Yanks chased a sub spying on them back to Chinese water last year too.
  • Options
    the next big war will start with a number of civil wars in all western countries,then turn into world war 3 imo.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    It seems more to me, a war between Religion in General too, and a society free from Religious conflict where people are free to chose their own beleifs. Or an oppresive society, where no one choses any beleif. Or indeed, anything.
    thats mostly been manufactured.
    for some reason no one wants to come clean about the fact that we are now in the time of reaource wars.

can't be bothered looking for a link now but ...china and russia have signed and shook hands on a number of militARY partnershops and science and technolgical ones as well which is seriously worrying america.
    that and most of asia are signing up in every which way possible with china ...with super highways connecting many nations directly to china.
    oil pipe lines by the dozen coming out of iran into india pakistan and ...china.

don't underestimate chinas now huge asian military might.
  • Options
    Trade has up until recently stopped all chance of serious conflict, that's why we have all the backroom messing about instead of the old open warfare.

The military are like the police for most of these regimes - they are there as much, if not more to keep the domestic population in check as to deter outsiders.

But as Rolly says, once the cupboard gets bare and there is little to trade with, it's gonna be winner takes all knock down drag em out stuff again.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    But as Rolly says, once the cupboard gets bare and there is little to trade with, it's gonna be winner takes all knock down drag em out stuff again.
    which has been discussed in great detail since the sixties.
    and in more detail by americas oil/political dynasties since the early eighties ...when the talk started of invading iraq and afghanistan.
    we are already fighting the first of many resource battles.
    water wars are underway and will get very bloody soon.

welcom to the age of shortages.
  • Options
    Yeah, Russia and China had those WArgames... China is arming Russia with the latest Fighters and NAval Vessels (if not subs).

China is stronger than most folk realise now.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Yeah, Russia and China had those WArgames... China is arming Russia with the latest Fighters and NAval Vessels (if not subs).

China is stronger than most folk realise now.
    and we all ...want the available water ...oil ...coal ...steel etc.

the trouble now is the explosive industrialisation of asia.
    it has bought forward the problems of scarcity.
  • Options
    and we all ...want the available water ...oil ...coal ...steel etc.

the trouble now is the explosive industrialisation of asia.
    it has bought forward the problems of scarcity.

I wonder if China will ever stop exporting to cripple us? Or if they'll put up prices?
  • Options
    The USA would squash the Chinese militarily.
  • Options
    The chinese are, i have to agree, the only military power around to rival a Superpower!
  • Options
    The Bible COde book reckons it will be Mrach this year when it all kicks off.

God damn I hope I find love before then and failing that , some good sex.

Do you rekcon a WW3 would have any survibvours? I mean would we all die instantly in a hail of nukes our would it be mor eprolonged?

would civilisation be able to be rebuilt?

where would we build it and now?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

God damn I hope I find love before then and failing that , some good sex.

Do you rekcon a WW3 would have any survibvours? I mean would we all die instantly in a hail of nukes our would it be mor eprolonged?

would civilisation be able to be rebuilt?

where would we build it and now?

ignore it and it will go away lol :p

China might be growing but they still cant compete with the US imo... And their rate of growth is gonna fuck them over soon enough.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    ignore it and it will go away lol :p

China might be growing but they still cant compete with the US imo... And their rate of growth is gonna fuck them over soon enough.

Not yet. But in 20 years, if their growth is anything like the last 20, they will translate economic power into military strength.

The sub fights will be interesting, of that I'm certain. If the USA uses a surface navy assault then they are as dumb as they look as a single missile would render those carriers useless. In the future, of course. Right now they'd want to take a teddy bear for their ghetto shrine if they messed with the USA.

Taiwan is pretty tough too, don't forget. They are armed to the teeth with missiles, a decent airforce and navy, not to mention chem and bio weapons to make any landings absolute hell on the PRC. That little nation is a damn fortress.

China's information warfare program may tip the scales in their favour though. Their military has already floated the idea of selling deficient chips to neighbouring states, that could be activated to stop working. Plus their navy and army are much more integrated than the USA is. It would be very...interesting to watch that in action.
  • Options
    China's Economy will niot grow has it has over th elast 20 years. It will level off and grow at the standard rate like the rest of the developed world soon, as will India's economy. The only reason they had fast growing economies if due to the fact they were a developing economy entering and dominating new markets, in the same way Britain was during the industrial revolution and america was during world war two as it pushed industry to dominate post war, or Japan was during the Reconstruction period!

I think the talk of war is mute! All the nations of the world are secretly working together due to the Stargate anyway!
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

?
    old thread but i like to point out things like ...it's june!

so quit the bullshit horroscope crap ok!
  • Options
    Its TOOOOOOO old for more posts!
  • Options
    old thread but i like to point out things like ...it's june!

so quit the bullshit horroscope crap ok!

Rolly!

You should know better!