Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Comedown

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Where can I get those 5HT tablets for the comedown.

I took a copious amounts of chemicals over the weekend and I'm having a delayed comedown. Got big assignments to do and I can't do them with a frazzled head.

Also, I've told you guys about my head zaps before. It's like pulsing in my brain that comes on from time to time. It's really quite scary. Does anyone have any proper medical links to this. I think I might be damaging myself.

No drugs for at least 2 months now.

Comments

• Options
    i know exactly waht you mean about the head zaps, i get them after pushin the limits a bit

they usually last abut a week, tend to be a lot 'zappier' when you're stoned

im nearly certain its from the e's

i think you can get 5ht tablets in the likes of boots orsomethin mate im not sure

on another note: 50mg and countin :yum:
  • Options
    lol - good on ya.

I'm away to Felix da Housecat tonight. Strictly vodka and red bull only though. I've turned down the opportunity of class A's.

Weekend was messy: e's, coke, amphetamine tablets, valium, smoke, and enough buckie to keep Glasgow supplied for a week.

On the Sunday I had 7 vallys thinking everyone was just chillin, then they started back on the class A's. I wasn't gonna miss out, so got stuck into the yokes. That was a real fucked up buzz, and probably wasn't sensible, but I'm still alive so on we go....
  • Options
    aye i went through a strange phase of banging 2 10mg diazes every time i banged 2 e's (every half hour or so) .. strange to say the least

i was supposed to get a dot this weekend but that failed .. so ended up on loads of e's and speed .. still recovering (i really fuckin despise speed)

im sick of stimulants! hurry up and get the fuckin trips in!
  • Options
    Yea I'm trying to line up some acid. I aint taken it before like, only shrooms.

Stimulants are great if you're prepared to deal with the consequences.

What comes up must come down.

Are you on the MDMA tonight?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Drugs are bad full stop.

Drugs are fucking excellent exclamation mark.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Skive wrote:
    Drugs are fucking excellent exclamation mark.
    :thumb:
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Are you on the MDMA tonight?

diaze

sleep time
    :shocking:
  • Options
    Just back from Felix.

Mega frazzled head, only drank vodka red bull all night.

I'm definitely laying off the drugs for a few weeks. I'm gambling with my life here. Feel like shit.

What I wouldn't do for a couple of diazes now.
  • Options
    I don't mean gambling with my life in a 'I might die' sense. More a 'I want a fucking good degree' sense. My head is fried to bits.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    What I wouldn't do for a couple of diazes now.

ive a few sittin here ;)
  • Options
    5HTP can be bought in Holland and Barret, but its certainly not a cure all and wont make you magicly better at all.

Cutting down on the mixing of the drugs would be your best option, or at least space it out, do the stimulants first then the downers later, by shoveling the whole lot down at once you're asking for trouble.
  • Options
    I quite enjoy a mild comedown, just mellow into it fell heavy and chill on the sofa all day. Great excuse to do nowt!
  • Options
    theres fuck all enjoyable about it when its not mild tho !!!!!
  • Options
    I used to enjoy comedowns...they weren't too bad...a bit of smoke or a bit of drink and you were flying...then they just got worse and worse and worse!
  • Options
    i hear those 5-htp supplements work wonders after MDMA. I take 30mgs of dexedrine (doctors orders :D) every day to help me focus (some might say I have ADD, I personally hate that term). But I've been taking dexedrine since I was 10, and now it makes me depressed! So I take 100mgs of 5-htp along with my dexedrine and it works wonders!
  • Options
    ive always been interested in stacking (supplmenting 5hpt and what not) .. does anyone have any info or advice on it? does it actually work, is it worth the bother ?

the comedown these days rape me, banging a few extra vitimans and what not wouldn't be such a bad idea if it made me a bit better

certainly a lot better than taking more alcohol/diazepam to make myself feel better
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I quite enjoy a mild comedown, just mellow into it fell heavy and chill on the sofa all day. Great excuse to do nowt!

That's all fine and dandy if you've dropped a couple of pills one night and can just chill and relax with mates the next day. But when you've had a 4 day long session of mixing and matching the come down is not enjoyable. It's totally my own fault, I realise.

May as well give the 5HT things a go if I can find them, no harm in trying. Not sure where Holland & Barret is here though. Will boots have it you reckon?
  • Options
    Yeah I went into Holland & Barrett to get some recently, it's behind the counter and the price is extortionate nso didn't get it! Think it was £24.99, not sure how much you got for that though. Comedowns don't really bother me unless I have something productive that I actually need to do. It's all psychological really, if you understand that it's just an inbalance of serotonin and dopamine brain chemicals then I think you can just ignore it. Just always feel knackered due to lack of sleep more than moody or anything else. Nothing cups of tea, a smoke and a bit of TV can't sort out.
  • Options
    Pink Soda wrote:
    Nothing cups of tea, a smoke and a bit of TV can't sort out.

i beg to differ!
  • Options
    Yeah it's shit. Always happens at the worst times. It was an inevitability that I would have been taking drugs at the weekend as alot of friends were up and when they're at it, I'm gonna be at it.

Just shit the way these things always seem to coincide with big deadlines and things. Totally my own fault I know. My flatmate is giving off like fuck because I'm such a moaning bastard on the comedown. It's probably more for her sake that I need to get hold of some of these 5HT tablets!

Just got that worthless depressed feeling. Sleeping is fucked again as well. Up late by yourself does not combine well with a comedown. I've no weed or valium, but I don't think they're the answer right now anyway. I'm not going out at all this weekend either, because I've got so much work, so nothing to look forward to, to take my mind off feeling shit.

Ah damn, now I'm whinging to you people like I do to Nikki! Fucking hell. I need to tighten up.
  • Options
    This might seem like a bit of a strange suggestion but one of my mate's has a course of anti-depressants, but she doesn't really need them anymore. Do you reckon a couple of them could pep me up a bit for the weekend, so I'm not slouching around depressed?
  • Options
    No. Anti-depressants take a few weeks to work.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    This might seem like a bit of a strange suggestion but one of my mate's has a course of anti-depressants, but she doesn't really need them anymore. Do you reckon a couple of them could pep me up a bit for the weekend, so I'm not slouching around depressed?

No, not only wont they work as Blagsta said, but SSRI's block the action of MDMA.
  • Options
    Smoke a few joints and sleep for ages.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Smoke a few joints and sleep for ages.

Got an assignment so probably not the best course of action.

Under any other circumstances that would be the way forward though.
  • Options
    Let us know the verdict if you do, might be usefull for the non enjoyable, rougher than mild comedowns. lol
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    For those of you who are keen to do your research before shoving foreign substances into your body, Erowid has a vault of information on 5-HTP, or Tryptophan as it is otherwise known.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    For those of you who are keen to do your research before shoving foreign substances into your body, Erowid has a vault of information on 5-HTP, or Tryptophan as it is otherwise known.

Its certainly not a cure all and it wont prevent any neuron damage, about the only thing which seems to help with that is massive doses of vitamin C and not extending your high longer than about 6 hours.
  • Options
    5htp doesnt do THAT much for comedowns. It doesnt hurt. can help you sleep but give you weird dreams, which you may or may not like.
    I think it can be helpful to rebalance you a bit, but its not like a wonder cure
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    You don't seriously believe you are getting the same things every time you buy a mitzi, do you?