Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bisexual man not accepted by gay men

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm bisexaul so certainly not implying all gay men have come from strange family background but all the ones I have seem to have been abused, dad left early, same sex school, a few have even fancied a women at one point and something went wrong, whatever I can't say I am bisexual to alot of gay men for fear of being told constantly that i'm denial and I don't really fancy women. I do, and always will, I am attracted to women and men big deal. I've had a fine upbringing I just happen to fancy both. I'm not in denial.

Why are so many gay men so funny about bisexual men, and is it just the ones I've met who seem to be emotionally wrecked?

Anyway care to comment? :banghead:

How can I find a relationship if 'm not accepted?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The same happens with bisexual women and their relationships with the 'lesbian scene' although I would in no way imply that all lesbians have issues with bisexual women, I'm sure there are many accepting gay guys out there too, perhaps you are looking in the wrong places.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    your-babe wrote:
    Could be a really dumb question, but why is this in P & D?

No idea.

It's not the case with everyone. Different thing happen to different people you know.
    I think we're meant to be debating the stupidity of this illiterate poster.

He is. Discuss.
    your-babe wrote:
    Could be a really dumb question, but why is this in P & D?
    Sexual politics? Segregation? Depcitions of LGBT individuals in the media?

Most things can be political.
    Kermit wrote:

He is. Discuss.

To keep it Political, I blame the education system.
    I think the issue for some gay people is that bisexuality is somewhat "trendy" these days, and they (often, quite rightly) feel their own orientation is being cheapened by people deciding they swing every-which-way.

I could be completely wrong, as I'm just projecting, but that's the impression I sometimes get.
    Kermit wrote:

He is. Discuss.
    You are just being nasty for the sake of it.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    To keep it Political, I blame the education system.
    :lol: :thumb:
    daryl1984 wrote:
    I'm bisexaul so certainly not implying all gay men have come from strange family background but all the ones I have seem to have been abused, dad left early, same sex school, a few have even fancied a women at one point and something went wrong,

I can't say that is the case with me. When I was born, I knew about more things to do with my dummy than Joan Collins has learnt in her lifetime ...

Sure, some people may have storeis to tell that may have influenced their sexuality but, from my experience, most of us are satisfied we are what we are.
    daryl1984 wrote:
    whatever I can't say I am bisexual to alot of gay men for fear of being told constantly that i'm denial and I don't really fancy women. I do, and always will, I am attracted to women and men big deal. I've had a fine upbringing I just happen to fancy both. I'm not in denial.

Most of the gay people I know are completely accepting of bisexuals. Perhaps in smaller 'provincial' towns, you may find unaccepting attitudes but my opinion is that there is no black and white in sexuality and being bisexual is just another thread in the whole sexuality tapestry.
    daryl1984 wrote:
    How can I find a relationship if 'm not accepted?

How deep is your bisexuality? Are you able to get emotionally involved with a man or is it just a sexual thing?
    < Removed my after thought >
    sorry

I would like to apologise to anyone who has been offended by my explanation in English. It's hard for me to express myself, and I understand if you think i'm stupid :) ,my English certainly isn't as good as an british person.

I ws only wanting advice, i've been here over 1 year from Poland and I thought it would be easier to find a nice man who would trust me and accept me for liking both sexes but its been hard. In poland its not very easy to be Gay or bisexual, at least not where I am from.

I would like to thank those that have tried to help me and again i'm really sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

Won't post a petty problem again.
    It's no problem. Just try moving this thread to "Relationships". You can move your own threads. There are plenty of gay folk in Britain... you just gotta look in the right places.
    Ohhh I have a friend from Poland who is on my course and she said that it is not great for gay people there.

I don't think your problem is petty at all, if it didn't mean anything to you then you would not have posted it. Please don't put yoursef down on that.

I think maybe you're looking in the wrong places (as I've said) and there are accepting people. I think personally that maybe the divide is more with women than men?

Personally I've experienced a lot of negativity myself and horrible comments when coming out is a delicate time in anyone's life (although am wondering if I'm gay recently... a bit scared), although at the end of the day mate if somebody is like that then it's likely that they're insecure.