Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Do you feel guilty?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you call in sick when you are actually ill??
I'm poorly today so haven't gone in but as usual I feel a slight panic inside and guilt thinking I should be there!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    VinylVicky wrote:
    When you call in sick when you are actually ill??
    I'm poorly today so haven't gone in but as usual I feel a slight panic inside and guilt thinking I should be there!
    There was a report in the Daily Mail today saying that February 6th, or the equivalent first Monday of February is the day when most people call in sick.
    :confused:

Should it not be feeling guilty when you call in sick when you're ok. If you're sick and you're not up to the job then you're better off in the house.
    eeek! hope my boss doesnt see that and think im up to something dodgey!
    now i feel worse! hehe
    turlough wrote:
    :confused:

Should it not be feeling guilty when you call in sick when you're ok. If you're sick and you're not up to the job then you're better off in the house.
    yes that is very logcial....i still feel guilty tho!
    on this morning they were saying it's the day we're most likely to take off sick or something.

but no, i wouldn't feel bad if i pulled a sickie! only thing i'd feel bad about is my wages.
    yeah i know what you mean, i had to take thursday and friday off last week cos i couldnt walk but for some reason i still felt bad, maybe was because i took a bit of time off recently for interviews.....never pulled a sickie though, must be something wrong with me......

but no, i wouldn't feel bad if i pulled a sickie! only thing i'd feel bad about is my wages.

Don't you get sick pay?
    i usually feel slightly guilty if i'm off ill, but that's usually cos the place falls apart without me for some reason :chin:

i don't get paid when i'm sick either :no:
    beans wrote:
    Don't you get sick pay?

i get it sometimes..but not others! it's weird.

but 'cause i only work 1 day a week..if i have like more than 1 day off sick a year then omg lucy, you're getting the sack if you do that again!
    i get 21 days sick
    maybe the papers realised it was the day after the london meet :rolleyes:

and anyways, with me working nights, i get a whole day to recover
    I still cant believe today of all days is national sickie day! just my fucking luck!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I still cant believe today of all days is national sickie day! just my fucking luck!

Me neither. I only know because the biology teacher mentioned it. (After making a comment about hardly anyone being in today)
    Me neither. I only know because the biology teacher mentioned it. (After making a comment about hardly anyone being in today)
    life is just getting worse today!
    don't worry ...
    the universe is unfolding exactly as it should be doing because ...life goes on ...within you and without you.