Home Travel & Free Time
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Boxing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone see the Micky Brodie vs. Willie Jorring fight that was on Sky Sports just now?

What a farce.

I think that as the belt is now valueless, they should abandon that belt (ie no-one challange it) and create a new belt to fight for.

What do you think?

J9

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by j9j9:
    Did anyone see the Micky Brodie vs. Willie Jorring fight that was on Sky Sports just now?

    What a farce.

    I think that as the belt is now valueless, they should abandon that belt (ie no-one challange it) and create a new belt to fight for.

    What do you think?

    J9

    I Agree it was a farce, it was clear by the last 3 rounds Jorring was fighting a loosing fight which is why he came out of the corner like a cat out of a bag.

    however scrapping the belt maybe a bit rash. I thought that just like the 1st Lewis v Hollyfield fight that it was about one thing and one thing only.... THE ALMIGHTY £. more money can be made from a rematch. IMHO the fight was a crooked fight, and these sorts of outragous decisions need to be investigated. Did it strike you as odd as the response from the guy from the BBBC, if he sat any further on the fence he'd have fallen into jorring's corner.

    It reminds me of a few years ago when Steve Collins had to have 3 fights with Eubank to get the just decision, having clearly out boxed him in the previous fights.

    I hope that Brodie gets the result / decision he truely deserves in the rematch. But would like to praise him for his dignified conduct after the decision was announced.

    Good Luck Brodie

    LUKA
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by LUKA:
    I Agree it was a farce, it was clear by the last 3 rounds Jorring was fighting a loosing fight which is why he came out of the corner like a cat out of a bag.

    however scrapping the belt maybe a bit rash. I thought that just like the 1st Lewis v Hollyfield fight that it was about one thing and one thing only.... THE ALMIGHTY £. more money can be made from a rematch. IMHO the fight was a crooked fight, and these sorts of outragous decisions need to be investigated. Did it strike you as odd as the response from the guy from the BBBC, if he sat any further on the fence he'd have fallen into jorring's corner.

    It reminds me of a few years ago when Steve Collins had to have 3 fights with Eubank to get the just decision, having clearly out boxed him in the previous fights.

    I hope that Brodie gets the result / decision he truely deserves in the rematch. But would like to praise him for his dignified conduct after the decision was announced.

    Good Luck Brodie

    LUKA

    I guess you're right, I expect a re-match was what they were fighting for, not the belt this time.

    Don't you just hate it when corruption takes over.

    I'll be putting my money on Brodie (they wouldn't dare do it twice, it was just tooo obvious).

    J9

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by j9j9:
    I guess you're right, I expect a re-match was what they were fighting for, not the belt this time.

    Don't you just hate it when corruption takes over.

    I'll be putting my money on Brodie (they wouldn't dare do it twice, it was just tooo obvious).

    J9

    When Mony's involved expect the unexpected, as I said earlier remember Steve Collins !!

    Cheers
    LUKA



    [This message has been edited by LUKA (edited 13-09-2000).]
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by LUKA:
    When Mony's involved expect the unexpected, as I said earlier remember Steve Collins !!

    Cheers
    LUKA



    Hmmm, s'pose I'd better keep my money.

    J9
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey J9 you'll prolly be able to answer this one did they ever fight the rematch? if so what wuz the outcome.... having discovered this thread, I'm well intreagued to know... please help put me out of my misery... lol
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by LUKA:
    Hey J9 you'll prolly be able to answer this one did they ever fight the rematch? if so what wuz the outcome.... having discovered this thread, I'm well intreagued to know... please help put me out of my misery... lol

    Sorry, can't help you there Luka, I've kinda been up to my eyes in it (being adicted to this place) <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/biggrin.gif"&gt;

    j9

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by j9:
    Sorry, can't help you there Luka, I've kinda been up to my eyes in it (being adicted to this place) <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/biggrin.gif"&gt;

    j9


    OMG J9 you are the one I thought could put me outta my misery <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/eek.gif"&gt; what am I gonna do now <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/confused.gif"&gt; any other boxing fans ?


    I think it's because I'm clumsy
    I try not to talk to loud
    I think it's because I'm crazy
    I try not to act to proud
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know they had a rematch but I don't know the outcome <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/frown.gif"&gt; try looking here http://www.fightnews.com or http://www.secondsout.com/

    Let me know if you find out cause its bugging me now!!!

    I had an IQ test. The results came back negative
Sign In or Register to comment.