Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Avoid Cyprus

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I would stay well clear of Cyprus as that will probably be a target as it has 2 massive UK military bases there :shocking:

Iran to fire missiles if attacked

15ADD52F96B94FB3BD2113B44A307582.jpg

Iran would launch medium-range missiles if attacked, a military leader said, accusing Britain and the United States of arming rebels as international pressure mounts on Tehran over its nuclear plans.

Yahya Rahim Safavi, commander in chief of the Revolutionary Guard, told state television on Saturday: "If we come under a military attack, we will respond with our very effective missile defence."

Western states suspect Iran of secretly aiming to build a nuclear bomb. Tehran insists its nuclear facilities are intended to produce only electricity.

"Iran produces its own ballistic missiles and does not draw on any foreign assistance for technology," Safavi said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/883BC2D7-C21B-4F93-96E6-2EE162FD2B8E.htm

Comments

• Options
    The Shababs could reach, but wont. The last test they blew up mid flight, which indicates a failure, normally. Most of Iran's missiles are defensive, in fact they just bought a massive consignement from Russia. And Iranian commanders would probably opt for firing them into the Gulf, to sink large parts of the US Navy. They wont, because of the AEGIS cruisers, but they will try. Or it will be a feint for some naval guerrilla action. They will also have some chemical/biological weapon Scuds, but those will be saved for any advance on Tehran.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    And let's face it... it is higly doubtful anyone is actually going to attack Iran...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    And let's face it... it is higly doubtful anyone is actually going to attack Iran...
    Let's hope so.
  • Options
    We were thinking of going there for our next holdidays - so if people can avoid Cyprus at that time we can have a more peaceful holi.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    We were thinking of going there for our next holdidays - so if people can avoid Cyprus at that time we can have a more peaceful holi.

It is a top place! :thumb:
  • Options
    Off topic but dave777 can I ask why you're signature is an anti-Semitic link?
  • Options
    That link is a fucking disgrace.

Aside from the obvious fact that a 3-year old picked the colours, the two phrases -

"Races? Only one human race"

and

"The moral and political Legitimacy of Criticizing Jewry"

Seem to be vaguely discordant.

Seriously mate, check under your plant pot for hidden Israeli's, whack that tin foil hat back on your head and then...oh I don't know.....fuck off?
  • Options
    Off topic but dave777 can I ask why you're signature is an anti-Semitic link?

'cos he's trying to stir it. They're always so transparent
  • Options
    Yet I'm sure some people wouldn't be so bothered if it were an anti-Christian link.
  • Options
    Yet I'm sure some people wouldn't be so bothered if it were an anti-Christian link.

What's an "anti-Christian link"? :confused:
  • Options

Pointless comment.

That website is disgusting and anybody seeking to promote it by plastering the link to it on their signature is most likely pursuing a fundamentalist and racist agenda. An equivalent website demonising say black Christians would similarly disgust me, or any other religious group for that matter. The content on that site is absolutely horrible.

The fact is it’s not an ‘anti-Christian’ link and to the best of my knowledge I’ve seen few anti-Christian links ever posted here. In the same way I’ve seen few ‘anti-white’ links. From time to time trolls however have advertised racist and anti-Semitic links, as the case with ‘dave777’.
  • Options
    Been to Cyprus twice, love the place.
  • Options

Was in Antwerp by the way the other week Clandestine as my dad works there. To be honest didn't expect much as everybody says Belgium is boring but really liked it, cool place...Will have to go back soon and see Brussels as well. Worth it just for the beer.
  • Options

I want to go explore the old Freinghter myself, so I plan a return trip before it is moved/rots away.
  • Options
    Nice place for a visit, Antwerp. Too nationalistic and racist for my liking though.
  • Options
    hope that's not true :nervous:

my brother is based at one of those army bases
  • Options
    Welsh Jemz wrote:
    hope that's not true :nervous:

my brother is based at one of those army bases

Of course it isn't. :p
  • Options

Well said :thumb:

I think there are a lot of anti Muslim racists here :mad:
  • Options
    Nice place for a visit, Antwerp. Too nationalistic and racist for my liking though.

Oh is that something to do with the far-right Mayor? Didn’t really see any evident racism although I heard the Mayor or something in Antwerp is very right wing.
  • Options
    dave777 wrote:

reds under the bed?
  • Options
    dave777 wrote:

Even if that were the case (and it’s not) it wouldn’t excuse your disgusting link; that you are thick enough to promote such a vile cause only displays your severe lack of intelligence and shows what a truly backwards and barbarous individual you are.

While I don’t believe you and you’re thick fanatical hate-filled friends should be denied freedom of speech I think you have a nerve using the forums of a charity providing support for young people as an outlet to spread your sick racist agenda.

(Rule 4 of these forums is for your information: ‘don’t publish links to inappropriate websites (hateful, defamatory, illegal)’. Since your link is all three you'll probably be banned soon. :)
  • Options
    banned soon. :)
    please don't ban him straight away ...it gets lonely being the only nutcase allowed to stay.
  • Options
    dave777 wrote:

It's not anti-muslim it's just anti-YOU ... you keep making threats and trying to stirr stuff, stop being such a fucktard
  • Options
    reds under the bed?

Shit, I just turfed a load out ffs. Not more...
  • Options
    No Dis, its more to do with the political disposition of Antwerp and its environs. That's the bastion of the Vlaams Blok, the ultra-nationalist goons who want all foreigners out of Belgium.
  • Options
    it gets lonely being the only nutcase allowed to stay

You are appreciated MR. Us oldies have to stick together.
  • Options
    Pointless comment.

That website is disgusting and anybody seeking to promote it by plastering the link to it on their signature is most likely pursuing a fundamentalist and racist agenda. An equivalent website demonising say black Christians would similarly disgust me, or any other religious group for that matter. The content on that site is absolutely horrible.

The fact is it’s not an ‘anti-Christian’ link and to the best of my knowledge I’ve seen few anti-Christian links ever posted here. In the same way I’ve seen few ‘anti-white’ links. From time to time trolls however have advertised racist and anti-Semitic links, as the case with ‘dave777’.
    I mean you found that offensive, I'm sure many Christians would find Landoverbaptist offensive and that has been posted here... If ya get me.

The link is offensive.
  • Options
    I'm sure many Christians would find Landoverbaptist offensive and that has been posted here... If ya get me.

Hmm bugger. That was me wasn't it. :blush:

I am sorry for any offence that you caused yourself by looking at it if you were. I'll pray you gain a hold over your own emotions and reactions sometime soon.

Not to god, obviously, he doesn't exist and people who think he does are a bit light on evidence for my liking.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Not to god, obviously, he doesn't exist and people who think he does are a bit light on evidence for my liking.

Lemmy met him! While on acid...

Nevrmind. You can't avoid Cyprus - it doesn't exist. :p So Iran cannot attack it either.

Safe afterall, woo!
  • Options
    So Iran cannot attack it either.

The poor deluded fucknuts who think it is can be though, by the poor deluded fucknuts who think it is and shouldn't be. They'll fight over their delusions, and their children will learn that a delusion is the truth, and their children children will believe something else and know that is the truth, and kill more people for that new truth.

And on and on and on......

Or, we could stop fooling ourselves, put the fucking guns down, or pick them up, as individuals, either is good, and go build ourselves freedom, instead of trying to destroy tyranny by making more tyranny.

Lemmy is a shitbox don.