Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Should I cut my losses?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
afternoon,

just like to get an opinionon something. Been going out with my gf for 4 months now, was going swimmingly really until after new years. She went quite cold and says she hasn't felt the same and somethings missing. We've been talking lots and started having good sex again, she says she really doesn't want to leave me but at the moment doesn't think it's fair what she's doing to me.

She also says that she's not feeling right about more or less everything at the mo, not seen a lot her friends either and stuff.

So basically, I am pretty smitent with her and really don't want to give up just yet as there is a chance things will change but do I keep hanging on or say enough is enough and move on?

one more thing, I basically said lets end it then yesturday, and she said, can I still come round and have cuddles and sex etc....... I said no way, not fair doing that. :(

What to do guy's and girls????????

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I personally am not into the whole "we aren't going out, but we can still shag" thing. You should stick up for yourself, if you like her then don't let her use you. It would only hurt more afterwards anyway.

At the end of the day, four months isn't really that long, so if she's saying that now then maybe it's just better to end it. Plenty more fish in the sea and all that ;)

Edit: on re-reading your post, my advice is don't be too hasty though! Talk to her and be frank - tell her you like her - ask her if it's you, or is it these problems she's having? But still stick up for yourself, don't let her mess you around.
    aggree, I said no to the sex and stuff if we split up anyway, thats not splitting up is it! I just hate giving up easily I suppose!

ta!
    I personally am not into the whole "we aren't going out, but we can still shag" thing. You should stick up for yourself, if you like her then don't let her use you. It would only hurt more afterwards anyway.

At the end of the day, four months isn't really that long, so if she's saying that now then maybe it's just better to end it. Plenty more fish in the sea and all that ;)

Edit: on re-reading your post, my advice is don't be too hasty though! Talk to her and be frank - tell her you like her - ask her if it's you, or is it these problems she's having? But still stick up for yourself, don't let her mess you around.

I agree :yes:

It's hard saying no to a shag, but sometimes you have too.
    If she doesn't know what she want, well tell her to go figure it out and get back to you...
    I agree to the no sex bit its' a bad idea and makes things even more complicated, what you discribed reminded me or soemthing i went through about two years ago. I'd met my boyfriend been with him a few months things were great, then suddenly i went all funny on him was v cold distant etc. At the time I felt like there was too much pressure, I felt like I couldn't give my boyfriend what he wanted and it just led me to shut down. I even told him to leave and the poor guy didn't understand what he had done wrong :( he actually came back which i'm glad he did. I just felt like I couldn't breath almost as if he was suffocating me *I think that was my problem* and in the end I just felt like I was being unfair because I couldn't give him what he was giving me so it was easier not to deal with the problem and just push him away, try and talk to her be honest but don't be too heavy *if that make sense* because if she is feeling a bit suffocated then it will make her worse.Once my boyfriend relaxed a bit and wasn't so clingey i started to relax a bit and eventually didn't feel there was so much pressure on me,But if you really like this girl then don't walk away completly, because you might regret and and so may she. Just give her some time fingers crossed she'll figure out exactly what's bugging her.