Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I think my room is haunted

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Mel-H wrote:
    i think i believe in ghosts but just the idea scares me so much (i dont know why)

at work we fired the cleaners and couldnt get any more for about 6months so we had to clean the bar after we closed.

one day i was mopping the toilets and was in a cubicle, i had turned the hand dryer off at the wall because it is stainless steel and needed polishing, while i was in the toilet it came on (there was no one else in there), the second i went to check it was turned off at the plug it turned off again. i stepped back inside the cubical and it came back on again.

i went running upstairs to tell the guy i was working with to find him going its haunted its haunted. he had walked behind the bar to find the coffee machine that had been turned off for well over an hour (it was upluged at the time) making a boiling hot expresso!

i hate being in work on my own now
    :nervous: i got scared just reading that...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    :nervous: i got scared just reading that...
    it got me at the cleaners got fired, the thort of having to clean the toilets again :p

nah seriously it did happen tho
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Rachael wrote:
    Gah. You are annoying.

You're a Muslim. Muslims do not believe in ghosts.

Dont even attempt at patronising me. You make like, NOSENSEWHATSOEVER.
    i dont see what difference it makes what religion he is?! im a catholic and not supposed to believe in sex before marriage...abortion...swearing..etc but i still do and believe in them things. just because he is a muslim doesnt mean he has to take on every 'rule and reg' for his religion!
    dave777 wrote:
    It takes spirits years to learn to knock things over etc

They are in another dimension.

And yes, I have had lots of encounters with ghosts :crazyeyes
    Lmfao. You know fuck all.
    Hellfire wrote:
    I've noticed, Compared to the rest of my house my room is cold, the windows are locked and closed and i've checked for a draft, there is non, if i leave my bed room door open, Pc on (creates quite a bit of heat) and have my fan heater on the room still wont warm up, it's only a small room and even under my devet i am cold, it's an unnatural coldness

so make a point to this, who believes in hauntings/ghosts, who thinks they might be haunted etc.
    I havent read all of this so sorry if it's already been said but is ur room above the kitchen? Or above a room that isnt used very much?
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I havent read all of this so sorry if it's already been said but is ur room above the kitchen? Or above a room that isnt used very much?

hello stranger. :p
    Rachael wrote:
    Gah. You are annoying.

You're a Muslim. Muslims do not believe in ghosts.

Dont even attempt at patronising me. You make like, NOSENSEWHATSOEVER.

I am not a Muslim :wave:
    Rachael wrote:
    Okay. You are a muslim yes?

Muslims aren't supposed to believe in ghosts.

OK then, its a Djinn. Happy now?
    Well i won't believe in ghosts until i experience something for myself, would like to think that there is something like that after death but i dunno, will have to experience it to believe it. But there is normally a natural explanation for most of these things, MOST of the time anyway :D
    Cain wrote:
    OK then, its a Djinn. Happy now?

Djinn aren't ghosts.

Happy now?
    Mel-H wrote:
    i think i believe in ghosts but just the idea scares me so much (i dont know why)

at work we fired the cleaners and couldnt get any more for about 6months so we had to clean the bar after we closed.

one day i was mopping the toilets and was in a cubicle, i had turned the hand dryer off at the wall because it is stainless steel and needed polishing, while i was in the toilet it came on (there was no one else in there), the second i went to check it was turned off at the plug it turned off again. i stepped back inside the cubical and it came back on again.

i went running upstairs to tell the guy i was working with to find him going its haunted its haunted. he had walked behind the bar to find the coffee machine that had been turned off for well over an hour (it was upluged at the time) making a boiling hot expresso!

i hate being in work on my own now

The spirit (if it is and not faulty electric) is just trying to get attention and is teasing you :yes: Or it could be someone that worked there before that does not realsie that they are dead :shocking: The best way to describe tha latter is we have all had dreams were we are half asleep and half awake, when you are awakening it takes a few seconds to realise that you have had a dream-a spirit is like that 24/7 :crazyeyes

Why are you scared of proof of an afterlife?

I would be scared if when we dies we died and there was nothing else :wave:
    Rachael wrote:
    Djinn aren't ghosts.

Happy now?

And? Dave isnt a Muslim, it hasn't stopped your irrational little jaunt in this thread.
    Last night every time I asked him he kept steering away from the subject. The link in his signature must have for some STRANGE reason made me think he was a Muslim. I do apoligise.
    Doofay wrote:
    Lmfao. You know fuck all.

Thanks for your great contribution to this thread :thumb:
    Rachael wrote:
    Last night every time I asked him he kept steering away from the subject. The link in his signature must have for some STRANGE reason made me think he was a Muslim. I do apoligise.

My avator is of the Iran leader too :wave:
    Alrighty then.

You just like listening to those banging Muslim choonez right?
    i've had enough evidence to convince me personally, but not everyone has.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't believe anything about ghosts, either that they exist or not. I've seen a couple of weird things happen, but if they had anything to do with what we call a "ghost" it wasn't as apparent as in other stories.
    I'll only believe in ghosts if one taps me on the sholder and gives me $5

As for orbs and such, thats why they tell you not to look directly at the sun ;)
    Despite the fact nobody smokes in our house, every now and then, a strong smell of tobacco fills the house. We don't know why, but my parents say it's because of a ghost.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Despite the fact nobody smokes in our house, every now and then, a strong smell of tobacco fills the house. We don't know why, but my parents say it's because of a ghost.

Maybe one of them is trying to cover up that they smoke and dont want the rest of the family to know! :D :thumb:
    JamesZero wrote:
    Maybe one of them is trying to cover up that they smoke and dont want the rest of the family to know! :D :thumb:

I was going to say that too ;) Maybe his mom just has a lot of stress ;)
    stargalaxy wrote:

You're going to uni?!
    bongbudda wrote:
    You're going to uni?!
    I know, I find it difficult enough to believe too. :)
    I don't believe in ghosts as in dead people coming back from wherever it is they go. I believe sciencey stuff like energy transferal and atoms holding "memories" of past states/compounds/stuff...yadda yadda yadda.

I think my flat's "haunted" though and I'm going to see Derek Acorah with my mam next month :lol:
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I know, I find it difficult enough to believe too. :)

Please always keep posting on here, I think you are easily one of the most entertaining people here.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Please always keep posting on here, I think you are easily one of the most entertaining people here.
    Don't worry Mr Bongbudda, I'll be here for a while yet.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    stargalaxy wrote:

We get that. Also perfume no-one wears in the house. And I sometimes hear voices and music.

Then you get the rare thing like a sighting or stuff happening. Worst is hearing a keyboard being typed on while alone. :eek:
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Then you get the rare thing like a sighting or stuff happening. Worst is hearing a keyboard being typed on while alone. :eek:
    On your own? Maybe it's you typing on it? :p
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    stargalaxy wrote:
    On your own? Maybe it's you typing on it? :p

I probably wouldn't be so supprised then. :p