Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I think my room is haunted

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've noticed, Compared to the rest of my house my room is cold, the windows are locked and closed and i've checked for a draft, there is non, if i leave my bed room door open, Pc on (creates quite a bit of heat) and have my fan heater on the room still wont warm up, it's only a small room and even under my devet i am cold, it's an unnatural coldness

so make a point to this, who believes in hauntings/ghosts, who thinks they might be haunted etc.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe........ It's you that's dead and you "think" your still alive :nervous: :p
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Sounds like a story for a very dodgy film
    Maybe........ It's you that's dead and you "think" your still alive :nervous: :p
    LOL

i'd have to say yes i believe in that stuff. when i was younger i used to sleep in a room that would seem to have a old man in a rocking chair. few years back i was talking to my old neighbour and he said that everyone whos lived there since have siad the same thing.

So yes it could be.
    I have never belived in anything like that...

but I havent had anything dodgy happen to me!

Used to piss about with Ouija Boards when I was younger with friends... but it was clear someone was always pushing it! :banghead:
    i do, i know our house is haunted at home in Norwich, stuff happens. i'm starting to think this one could be too. I'm not allowed to talk about it though coz it freaks the housemates out....it's funny when things happen to them though.

the other day my housemate was stood talking to me whilst washing his hands and the water suddenly stopped flowing completely, we looked at each other and when he tried the tap it had been switched off so tightly we couldnt undo it, which was odd. He was so freaked out!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    JamesZero wrote:
    Used to piss about with Ouija Boards when I was younger with friends... but it was clear someone was always pushing it! :banghead:
    not necessarily...you know it wasn't you! :shocking:
    but i do belive in ghosts etc, i always have and im sure my room in halls in my first year was haunted, never saw anything, but just a fair few 'weird' and unexplainable things happened. wouldnt ever want to see a ghost mind! :nervous:
    I say, why not believe in them. No one has conculsively proved to my satisfaction it doesnt exist. Besides, I have seen so man yorbs in my last house via digical camera i know something exists. [had the camera, 2 actually, checked out for dust etc, camera's were totally fine]. Picture flew off the wall towards a friend of the family once too. Another time a dog we had would sit at the bottom of the stairs looking half way up to, towards the middle landing and bark, sometime he would act afraid but there was "nothing" there. Definetely had something in the old house. What was worrying was the orbs seemed to follow me :/ My mum used to believe it was her dad and our previous dog who were " with us ".
    EDN1 wrote:
    I say, why not believe in them. No one has conculsively proved to my satisfaction it doesnt exist.

Neither has anyone proved that they DO exist. Which in my book is more conclusive than having no evidence against it. (Please see Darwin vs ID debate)
    You may want to recheck the windows and your room for holes to the outside. I had a similar cold problem once (when renting a caravan) and found the last occupant had put a bloody great hole in the wall and covered it up! But it need not be a large hole, even a small one could do it in the time you're asleep.

For the record, I don't believe in ghosts either. Occult books etc do make for some interesting reading and I even have friends who practice "Chaos Magick" (dont go there, just dont....) but alot of it is nonsense. Besides, as the Chruch of the Subgenius says, why would ghosts be hostile? If they try and kill you, you're only going to thump them harder once you go to the otherside. ;)
    Checked all the windows, Seals etc, had the house for 15ish years since it was built and my mum never had a problem, was only since i've had the room. brother even notices the cold aswell.
    Hmm, interesting. Thats very odd. I suppose there could be construction reasons, but I wouldnt know what to look for with that...if your desperate for an unconventional cure for it, you could try some of these here.
    They shouldnt work, but you never know...
    i used to live in a haunted house.
    Hellfire wrote:
    my mum never had a problem, was only since i've had the room.

Further evidence to my theory ;)

I like the idea of ghosts and another life after this but I'm also the kinda guy that likes to see hard evidence so at the moment I think there might be something there but not sure what.
    was always sceptical of ouija boards and yes there is always one arsehole that pushes it!

That's how it works anyway, it's the unconcsious of all the players moving the slider, not just one of them (ofc unless they're doing it on purpose).
    \
    well if there's no conclusive evidence either way, surely you should at least be open to the possibility such things exist, instead of closing your mind to it completely because there is no evidence.

it seems very closed minded to say, "well there's no proof so it doesn't exist", when you could say "there's no proof so it may exist".

Of course I'm open to the possibility that such things may exist! It would be foolish to have a completely closed mind about anything in life.

All I was trying to say is that having no evidence to disprove a theory is NOT a reason to believe it!
    I once had a chest of drawers that I thought was haunted. A old biddy in a home died and my (back then) wife's brother worked in the home and seeing as no-one wanted her furniture and she had no relatives he thought we might want it to furbish our new house.

We put the chest next to our bed and every night for two weeks we both had horrible nightmares, the room was always cold, even under a thick duvet with an electric blanket and hot water bottle. It just felt eerie.

I decided to conduct a pagan style exorcism/banishing ritual. It worked, there were no problems afterwards and tyhe morning after the chest of drawers was just dripping in condensation. Weird.
    Hellfire wrote:
    Checked all the windows, Seals etc, had the house for 15ish years since it was built and my mum never had a problem, was only since i've had the room. brother even notices the cold aswell.

I don't see how the house can just become haunted, seeing as you have had it since it was built kind of thing.
    before the house was build we lived in an old house (airie house) and apparnetly an old guy died in the house
    That's how it works anyway, it's the unconcsious of all the players moving the slider, not just one of them (ofc unless they're doing it on purpose).

Yeah, I heard alot of people say that... make sence to me...

its probably a case of pretty much everyone pushing it... but they dont realise they are actually doing it...

Weird isnt it!
    How many outside walls does it have?
    JamesZero wrote:
    Yeah, I heard alot of people say that... make sence to me...

its probably a case of pretty much everyone pushing it... but they dont realise they are actually doing it...

Weird isnt it!

Yeah, very! If you've ever seen any of Derren Brown's tv programs, he shows a lot of stuff like that, about the weirdness of the human mind. :yes:
    only one wall is outside, standard high by about 7-8feet i think.
    Hellfire wrote:
    I've noticed, Compared to the rest of my house my room is cold, the windows are locked and closed and i've checked for a draft, there is non, if i leave my bed room door open, Pc on (creates quite a bit of heat) and have my fan heater on the room still wont warm up, it's only a small room and even under my devet i am cold, it's an unnatural coldness

so make a point to this, who believes in hauntings/ghosts, who thinks they might be haunted etc.

i think you're gay and new
    Hellfire wrote:
    before the house was build we lived in an old house (airie house) and apparnetly an old guy died in the house

eh?
    I watched final destination last night. The unknown draft means your going to die apperantly. :shocking:
    I thought I saw a ghost once but I still don't believe in 'em, I put it down to an overactive imagination.
    Hellfire wrote:

You're off your head if you think for one second anyone would wanna haunt you. They would have been thankful to get out the way the first time round me thinks.
    You're off your head if you think for one second anyone would wanna haunt you. They would have been thankful to get out the way the first time round me thinks.

constructive comment...

:lol: I chocked on some coffee there.