Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Moving/Moving a specific item

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I have some non live non illegal swords i bought a while ago, the blades are blunt and as far as i know are not illegal, I mean they could do damage but not easily. anyway i've started to move some of my stuff up to my girlfriends for the move in 6months but i was wondering if there are any laws etc i have to worry about if i want to take them up on the bus or carry them through london, would it be best to transport them when i move my bigger stuff (when i hire a van and drive up there) or even post them, if the law says it's ok to have them, is it different to carry them. I think this makes sense but some clearification would be great,

Many thanks,

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I'd wait and move them when you move everything else big.

Even if you could take them on the train I reckon it would just be a bit of a hassle.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thats what I am thinking, just thought it might be worth moving it now, thanks.
    Thing the same laws/ rules apply on swords and Airsoft guns. you can move them about but make sure they are in strong bag or case (best if you can put a lock on them). This is for two reasons
    1. So they aren't easy to get out
    2. People dont know what your carrying so dont get all arsey or call the police.

I'd get them moved soon before that T**T of a PM brings in the VCR crime bill. Killing the trade on replica weapons and killing a good any many sports at the same time
    It is an offence to carry an offensive weapon in public, unless you can show it was either not offensive, or you had a legitimate reason to do so.

If its blunted, and you can prove it, that would help. It usually negates any assumption of being an offensive weapon. Don't carry it open, make sure it is well wrapped up, and that it is in a lockable case.
    Well the three swords I would be transported are not live blades, the tips are a bit pointed but non the more any other non live blade, if i transported them i'd obviously have a legitimate reason and it'd be in my burgen etc...

thanks Kermit.
    Transportation isn't strictly a legitimate reason, for the record.
    Hmmm well i think i'll be leaving it and taking it up in the van.

thanks anyway
    if it was in your bergen whos going to know anyway?
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Youngbull wrote:
    I'd get them moved soon before that T**T of a PM brings in the VCR crime bill. Killing the trade on replica weapons and killing a good any many sports at the same time

They are? GAH. Lame... ;(
    Youngbull wrote:
    Thing the same laws/ rules apply on swords and Airsoft guns. you can move them about but make sure they are in strong bag or case (best if you can put a lock on them). This is for two reasons
    1. So they aren't easy to get out
    2. People dont know what your carrying so dont get all arsey or call the police.

thsts a bastard bout the law, hopefully i should get my airsoft rifle quickly then :D

Why cant i carry them in my burgen if no one can see it? because 1 - bus drivers who load baggage do random checks on certain peices of luggage (ask owner whats in it and ask if they can look) and also police do random stop checks,