Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Paintball

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was just wondering if anyone on here also plays?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No but I'd like to go some time. Is it worth the bruises??
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I used to marshall. My mate lives on paintball site that his old man owns. Havn't played it for a while though.
    Weekender Offender 
    Been to a couple of games, its really fun but I couldn't do it every week. I treasure the memory of one of the matches where I was the only guiy defending our teams flag and I managed to take down 4 guys before being made into swiss cheese by the entire enemy team.

Yes it does bruise and it does hurt.
    Have been 6 or 7 times, I really enjoyed it... gets the adrenaline going, good fun bit of competition :D (though the bruises suck)
    I've never been paintballing :(, I'd love to go sometime.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I've never been paintballing :(, I'd love to go sometime.

Same. I would wear much clothes for padding though :p
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Same. I would wear much clothes for padding though :p

Dress up like the Michelin Man :D
    I've been once. It was amazing.

Got 8 tickets ready for 7 lucky friends to go for my 21st in June. Can't Wait. Only cost me £50 as well.
    My boyfriend has been and he liked it.
    Went on a stag do recently and had a go. Great fun but it bloody murders!
    No but I'd like to go some time. Is it worth the bruises??

To answer that question is would have to answer YES!!!!! the first time i played i was scared like everyone else about the bruises and getting hit but once the game started, the adrenoline took over and had an amazing time and have been addicted to it ever since.
    Played it once, good fun but the place i went charged loads for ammunition.

Introducing different types of guns might be an idea. A slower rate of fire would lead to far better games imo.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Played it once, good fun but the place i went charged loads for ammunition.

Introducing different types of guns might be an idea. A slower rate of fire would lead to far better games imo.

Yeah i agree with you on the paintballs. they are the biggest rip off in the world.... not really though. but there are different types of guns and not only those that fire 20 balls per second, there are pumps and semi autos that can only fire so fast. Pumps are a lot more skill because you have to place your shot right because you have limited amount, its all about accuracy.
    manickev wrote:
    Went on a stag do recently and had a go. Great fun but it bloody murders!

I remember my mates stag do and for the final game we played hunt the stag. Stripped him down to his undies, stuck a mask on him and gave him a 2 minute head start. You should have seen the bruises on his back, chest, legs, arms, ...........
    I've been once before, was such a laugh.

Can't remember how much it was though, think it was expensive to buy more paintballs though. Didn't think the grenades were that effective though!
    My school tutor group organised it (between ourselves somehow) for 20 of us to go (out of 23 of us... not bad). There were perfectly even number as well - 10 boys and 10 girls. Perfect teams for the game they set up for us :lol:

It was a bloody funny experience. We were all bruised to hell! And *unfortunetly for me* though a mistake and a bad aim, I got hit on the mask I had on... I couldnt see for paint and the force of it hitting the mask gave me a black eye :impissed:

The girls won though!
    Rich-E wrote:
    I've been once before, was such a laugh.

Can't remember how much it was though, think it was expensive to buy more paintballs though. Didn't think the grenades were that effective though!

Yeah i know i really enjoy playing. its always a great stress reliever and agression release. YEah the paintballs arent cheap for the really good ones or for field paintball but they are a heck of a lot cheap than they were when painbtball started out. yeah the grades dont seem that great, they seem to just spray paint and now explode.

About the black eye thing.... was the mask too tight? or was it just not padded around the eyes? i know all of the masks i have worn have padded areas on the inside around the lens.
    I really want to go and we keep saying that we're going to organise a trip out. I did end up having a bit of a heated debate with one mate as she told me in no uncertain terms that i was obviously trying to prove something and that females shouldn't go paintballing as we're just not built for it :grump: Not impressed by that one. I know it's supposed to hurt like crazy but just for one day and the chance to do it i think i'll try and cope. It appeals to my "jump round in mud and woods with a gun" side. ;)
    Carolina wrote:
    I really want to go and we keep saying that we're going to organise a trip out. I did end up having a bit of a heated debate with one mate as she told me in no uncertain terms that i was obviously trying to prove something and that females shouldn't go paintballing as we're just not built for it :grump: Not impressed by that one. I know it's supposed to hurt like crazy but just for one day and the chance to do it i think i'll try and cope. It appeals to my "jump round in mud and woods with a gun" side. ;)

I have seen quite a few girls that can kick the guy's butts at a few games of paintball. they can get behind smaller things and be sheltered easier than the normal guy can. as for me i can say the bruises and momentary pain is well worth the experience.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    My school tutor group organised it (between ourselves somehow) for 20 of us to go (out of 23 of us... not bad). There were perfectly even number as well - 10 boys and 10 girls. Perfect teams for the game they set up for us :lol:

It was a bloody funny experience. We were all bruised to hell! And *unfortunetly for me* though a mistake and a bad aim, I got hit on the mask I had on... I couldnt see for paint and the force of it hitting the mask gave me a black eye :impissed:

The girls won though!

Hahaha, girls are better at the game, they're sneakier
    Your mate sounds a bit old fashioned.... sort of "its not a womans place to be taking part in violent games"?? I won't judge though. Us girls were better when we went :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Hahaha, girls are better at the game, they're sneakier

You wish. In my experience they got shot more, and they whinge about it more. True. :D

But that doesn't mean they shouldn't do it? Paintballs a good craic because everybody can do it - blokes, birds, kids, dead granny's etc
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    You wish. In my experience they got shot more, and they whinge about it more. True. :D

But that doesn't mean they shouldn't do it? Paintballs a good craic because everybody can do it - blokes, birds, kids, dead granny's etc

Of course they get wasted their first game, like almost everyone does. but after that first game and they get the hang of it, the ones ive seen are perdy crazy and can hide behind a lot smaller cover.
    I was just wondering if anyone on here also plays?

I wen once ... the bruises lasted about 3 weeks though :eek2: