Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

dragonforce

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
amazing.. any fans anywhere?

does anyone like the new song from coheed and cambria?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I never heard there songs but from what I've read they sound pretty good. :thumb:
  • Options
    I like fury of the storm and fields of despair, both amazing songs... am still trying to get into some of their other stuff though :o
  • Options
    I like Dragonforce, they are pretty funny.

And yes, "The suffering" by Coheed and Cambria is the song you are talking about yeh? I :heart: that song.
  • Options
    I tried to download some C+C but there weren't enough sources. I heard dragonforce on the radio tonight, sounds pretty cool, like the theme tune to an 80's cartoon or something! A little bit like iron maiden (IMO), which means they must be good.
  • Options
    Dragonforce played in Manchester t'other night, I think it was Friday. I walked past and outside was FULL of scene kids. Not that its anything to do with the music like, but yeah.

I :heart: Coheed.
  • Options
    What's a scene kid? Is that when they dress up in exactly the same clothes as eachother so they can look "different"? 'Cos I never got that myself. Or maybe that's something else. Hmm.
  • Options
    hmm.. scene kids, assumedly the same as the emo kids springing up everywhere.. they have floppy fringes obscuring their vision, usually have black hair sometimes with bleached streaks, skin-tight drainpipe jeans and converse with "deep" quotes written on them in permanent marker pen. probably into self-harm, cry a lot, revel in unrequited love and being broken-hearted.. :P

i did mean the suffering, yeah. can't stop listening to it.. catchy as fooook.

fury of the storm is sheer genius... sound a little like iron maiden, yeah. power metal... woohoo.
  • Options
    A couple of my friends went to Leeds Met to see them last night, they absolutely loved it. Brought me back a tshirt saying Dirty Powermetal Slut on it.

<3 it hehe
  • Options
    Ha yeah they're funny. Amazing guitarists. I got dragged to one of their gigs once but quite enjoyed it, despite the games workshop geeks running about in chainmail with plastic swords...an experience..
  • Options
    Pink Soda wrote:
    Ha yeah they're funny. Amazing guitarists. I got dragged to one of their gigs once but quite enjoyed it, despite the games workshop geeks running about in chainmail with plastic swords...an experience..

Sounds like one of my flatmates last year, he was in the role-play society at uni! (No jokes please, we thoroughly exhausted them all don't worry ;))

I didn't know they were playing at the met, I would have gone to watch! Damn.
  • Options
    Yes, they're quite good actually.

Prepare for War is my favourite.
  • Options
    I like them.
  • Options
    I didn't think that they were that well known? I'm actually pretty surprised at the amount of people who know them.
  • Options
    Pink Soda wrote:

:yes: I hear Though The Fire And The Flames last night, thought they were great and the guitarists definatly are amazing. :D
  • Options
    Pink Soda wrote:

Yep, my friends were there with plastic swords, no chain mail though..

Supposedly it's some kind of tradition..? :chin: Who knows
  • Options
    Herman Li and Sam Totman = geniuses.
  • Options
    The Fire And The Flames

Listening to that right now actually.