Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

F*ck buddy rules

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've gotten myself one, now what do I do!?!
I know there can be problems with one person getting attached, and how do you maintain a good friendship with the added on 'sextras'? I'm also stuck on how honest I should be, as I'm confused about how much we are friends, and how much lovers - things I'd say to a friend are not what i'd talk to a lover about and vice versa. Advice needed!

Comments

• Options

You fuck.

Yes, dont get attached if you want a fuck buddy. Its not that hard really, sex is sex is sex. Just leave it at that and things should be fine.

Though I find that pre existing friends is a complicated waste of time fuck buddy.
  • Options
    Here are rules:

1. Dont speak to each other the day after
    2. Sleeping over afterwards is optional
    3. No kiss goodbye

These are 3 helpful rules
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    Here are rules:

1. Dont speak to each other the day after
    2. Sleeping over afterwards is optional
    3. No kiss goodbye

These are 3 helpful rules

I'm going to have to disagree on number 2. I think its a no no.

Fuck and leave. DOnt watch a movie, dont chat, dont do anything, after all, i thought that was the point of one, just sex.
  • Options
    I treated my FB's in the past like I treated my friends. We'd hang out and do stuff together, but nothing especially coupley or romantic. It was more like a night in with the lads. Pizza. Beer. Fuck-a-thon. Just because your no strings it doesn't mean you should treat them like crud.

My rules for a fuck buddy:
    1. Be honest with yourself and each other
    2. Be respectful, they are not a slab of meat
    3. Avoid getting too intimate. The life story thing is a no-no, yeah share your woes, but don't get clingy or dependant emotionally.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'm going to have to disagree on number 2. I think its a no no.

Fuck and leave. DOnt watch a movie, dont chat, dont do anything, after all, i thought that was the point of one, just sex.

Kind of agreed.

Staying over is optional - but cuddling etc is not - which then leads to the whole "why bother staying" over thing. Aye.

Just fuck - enjoy it.

Don't complicate matters with inane chat. I love the talking - just hanging talking, chilling etc. But don't talk about "What happens now", "Where do we go from here" etc etc etc etc etc... you get the picture.

I've currently got 5 fuck buddies - 2 of these are starting to develop "bonds" which is NOT what I signed up for (so to speak), and so are going to have to be knocked on the head after a *hopefully* pleasant conversation, as I am NOT looking for a relationship. This was explained from the start...

All of these women are a little older (27-33), all professionals (have professional careers - Lawyer, Investment Banker, PA, Recruitmant Consultant, some form of Cardio-Radiologist thing - I forget the proper title...) and I thought I knew the score... Bah.

Shame - as I really liked hanging with them.

I think the long and the short of it is DO NOT get into a fuck buddy thing if you are in the mindset of "I can change this person into wanting to be with me" etc...

G.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Fuck, leave, fuck, leave.
  • Options
  • Options
    bad seed wrote:
    How/where d'you find them?

1-800-FUCKBUDDYS
  • Options
    bad seed wrote:

Dude - get out to bars, chat to some women.

I got introduced to the latest one through a friend and she is simply superb. Went on a "blind date" (first one ever) and went so well it was just stupid. She's 33, I'm 26 - our mutual friend basically said "you're both f*cking crazy, you'll love each other". For the first time since I was in my mid teens I spent pretty much the whole of the night in various corners of the club locked lip to lip with this women. The attraction was just animalistic - Never EVER had such a reaction before.

Needless to say, am meeting her outside her office on Monday to head back to hers for a night-long session.

You've just got to get out there and try your luck mate. Shy or not, if you don't know the girl and you approach in a non-sleazy manner, what the hell have you got to lose!?!?!?!

Oh - and DO NOT open with "Can I buy you a drink?".

It's SOOOOO last century and also SOOO easy to be taken for a lot of money. I learned that years ago.

Just approach being as "hey, how's it going?" and as lightly as you can - i.e. do not seem to be hitting on somebody - that's usually the best way to make a girl run a mile. Casual - friendly. My housemate is the best in the business in this - and he is also a top top top bloke. One of the nicest around. This is not to say he doesn't fall for somebody now and again and get messed up - he *is* only human after all (see "Question" thread posted by me ages ago).

Aye.

G.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    1-800-FUCKBUDDYS

Great if you live in the States, I guess ;):lol:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I know there can be problems with one person getting attached, and how do you maintain a good friendship with the added on 'sextras'? I'm also stuck on how honest I should be, as I'm confused about how much we are friends, and how much lovers - things I'd say to a friend are not what i'd talk to a lover about and vice versa. Advice needed!

Hi there,
    Have a look at TheSite's article on fuck buddies if you haven't already. ;)
  • Options
    Wish i had a fuck buddy right now...so bored these days.
  • Options
    bad seed wrote:

I just asked my girlfriend if she would get me one for my birthday. The punch in the 'nads and the angry glare that followed makes me think it will be boxer shorts and a dvd as usual!
  • Options
    just have sex, try not go get all snuggled up watching a dvd or anything. depends though, you might feel that you can maintain an unattached relationship even if you spend time with them other than shagging.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    ask g_angel if you can borrow one of his, after all he's got five which seems a bit greedy.

:lol: his mother must have never taught him to share. I thought g angel was a chick though, must be the angel bit...
  • Options
    wow. Nice. fuck buddy = mega

I had one once, but sh eende dit after she reckoned I was getting too attached, and when she got herself a bf. That sucked.

well your one lucky sod I will say that.
  • Options
    -deleted-
  • Options
    you should both be clear about what you want from the relationship from the start, and end it as soon as any of the agreements are broken.
  • Options
    Just be pleased you have one and carry on what you're doing..
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :lol: his mother must have never taught him to share. I thought g angel was a chick though, must be the angel bit...

Heh heh heh - I like to keep people guessing about some thigns in this realm of the not-quite-real.

Just got back from last night - fookin' superb night. It's great being between contracts, can be as naughty as you like and not have to worry about being late for work... Although she was 3 hours late herself. Heh. Heh. Heh.

Oh - and some things I don't share ;)
  • Options
    ask g_angel if you can borrow one of his, after all he's got five which seems a bit greedy.
    5??? Lucky son of a gun!
  • Options

i'll go get my instruction manual
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

:lol:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

:lol: if only there was an instruction manual for life, it would be so much easier, but not as much fun and seriously boring.
  • Options
    Be very clear as to what you both want out of it.
    The last one i had started to get attached so ended that.
    I'm currently talk to two others at the moment. one will be a once every other month thing as she comes down to see her sister and wants to fuck.
    Other is in london and we're working out details at the moment. All fuck buddies i've had or getting are all proffesionals like myself.

as to rules i'd say
    1. be clear.
    2. fuck
    3. fuck
    4. fuck

i've been friends with some but only to ones i've not known before hand.
  • Options
    Fuck buddy relationship is still a a relationship, just with different rules but the important thing is to know exactly what he/she expects from the relationship and for you to be 100% honest and upfront about what you expect.
    Its all about communication. Gets easier as you get older, coz as you get older you dont get wiser you just dont get it.
  • Options
  • Options
    I could have a fuck buddy soon!!!

I should be meeting a girl this week for some physical fun ;)

trouble is, her place is always occupied and so is mine most times, the times when it isnt, she can't make it so far.

Any ideas of places thats indoor, coz its far too cold outside to do much!, warm with a bed generally we could go? any hotels do cheap afternoon rates sicne that is when she is free mostly?
  • Options
    I had a fuck buddy, but i got too attatched so it all ended in tears.