Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Food Poisoning?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This morning I woke up and immediately went to the toilet and threw up. I've had diahorrea too and I keep throwing up every half hour or so, I can't even keep water down. I think it may be because of some dodgy food I ate last night.

My problem is I've not really had food poisoning before, do you think that's what it could be? And how am I supposed to stop myself getting dehydrated if everytime I drink water I end up throwing up twice as much fluid? :(

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I think it probably is food poisoning. You can get special stuff to take, but it's not like you can just nip to the shop in that state. Call NHS 24 or whatever it's called there and ask their advice.
  • Options
    suck on ice cubes to keep hydrated.
  • Options
    i'm not sure how to spell it, but it could also be gasteroiteritis (i dunno if thats spelt right) which sounds exactly like what you described. are you bringing bile or water up even when you haven't drunk or ate?
  • Options
    did u have an absolutely unbearable stomach ache when u woke up? thats what food poisoning was like for me nd i never want it again :yuck:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i'm not sure how to spell it, but it could also be (i dunno if thats spelt right) which sounds exactly like what you described. are you bringing bile or water up even when you haven't drunk or ate?

Means the same thing as food posioning really ...
  • Options
    Yes, you should drink water to dehydrate but SLIP slowly ...
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Means the same thing as food posioning really ...
    only its not because of bad food, basically a violent sick bug
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    only its not because of bad food, basically a violent sick bug

Whether it is food poisoning or gastroenteritis, you treat yourself the same though, there is no magic cure...just try to keep your self hydrated by sipping water little and often. If someone can get to a chemist for you then buy some dioralyte which is just a powder you dissolve in water that contains salts to help reduce dehydration...unfortunately it tastes foul so add some squash. My choice would be to stick with water, little bits at a time :yes:
  • Options
    it could just be a tummy bug. I work in a care home, and one of the clients came home ill last week. 2 days later i had exaclty the symtpoms you described. It was the illest i have EVER been. I couldn't keep water down and kept throwing up bile for like a day.