Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

D&B

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    are you named after the dnb artist makoto? by any chance?

probably not....
  • Options
    am in deed
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I'm uploading it now. Be aware that it may not be the tape you think as I'm sure there was more than one Tazmania event in 96.

If its mickey Finn and MC MC its gotta be the one! lol.

Im at home now by the way and have millions of sets so if there is any particular dj/year/whatever of dnb let me know and i'll upload something. :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Eazy G wrote: »
    If its mickey Finn and MC MC its gotta be the one! lol.

Im at home now by the way and have millions of sets so if there is any particular dj/year/whatever of dnb let me know and i'll upload something. :thumb:

And Charlie B at the start of the set?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    You'll be able to hear it in ten minutes anyway. (First upload fucked up)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    haha. nice.

Im uploading pendulums essential mix that was on radio 1 last year for the original poster (although i realize it was about a year ago he asked) and am looking for some decent older suff for ya. ;)
  • Options
    haha. nice.

Im uploading pendulums essential mix that was on radio 1 last year for the original poster (although i realize it was about a year ago he asked) and am looking for some decent older suff for ya. ;)

I've fucked up. I've uploaded a 98 Mickey Finn Tazmania set. I'm not sure If I've still got that 96 mix on disc, I may have to dig the tape out and rip it again. My fault for not sorting my music files properly. Sorry.

In the meantime
    Side 1 http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/140460/Mickey-Finn-Tazmania-side-1-1-mp3.html
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Im presuming you like old skool too going by your sig. I got a quality hype set from 93 with some amazing scratching on (not like the standard hype scratching you heard before) its on the upload. :)
  • Options
    I've fucked up. I've uploaded a 98 Mickey Finn Tazmania set. I'm not sure If I've still got that 96 mix on disc, I may have to dig the tape out and rip it again. My fault for not sorting my music files properly. Sorry.

In the meantime
    Side 1 http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/140460/Mickey-Finn-Tazmania-side-1-1-mp3.html

noooo! :crying: danger.

man if you can't find it but can dig out the tape pack and upload it I will paypal you a few quid man. seriosly, i been on such a mission for it. no other trace of it anywhere.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    That is true, DnB nowa days is just a bag of fast tearing noise, it's not musical at all any more. It's sub genres like Atmospheric & Liquid DnB are much better and much more vibrant and happy.

But you have also answered your own statement there...
    Liquid drum & bass now days is some of the most musical drum & bass that ever exsisted imo..
    Just looking at hospital records proves that.

There are people who are putting a bit of a downer on the scene and producing speeded up samey basslines which sound good at a rave, but to actually sit and listen to are a pile of wank...

I think you just have to dig deep and find what you like... personally I like most aspects of drum & bass... jump up, liquid, atmospheric, the more techy stuff etc etc

Makoto, I would HIGHLY reccomend Matrix and Futurebounds album they just released called Universal truth... its amazing.

ETA: A clip of the first song on that album, just to give you an idea of the style of DnB it is...

http://www.jamesm.ourwebnet.com/DJ/truthclip.mp3
  • Options
    noooo! :crying: danger.

man if you can't find it but can dig out the tape pack and upload it I will paypal you a few quid man. seriosly, i been on such a mission for it. no other trace of it anywhere.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TAZZMANIA-LIVE-MIXES-RARE-RAVE-8-TAPE-PACK-HASTINGS-96_W0QQitemZ110112883768QQihZ001QQcategoryZ43578QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the pack I've got. I'll have to search for the tape and rip it again.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    But you have also answered your own statement there...
    Liquid drum & bass now days is some of the most musical drum & bass that ever exsisted imo..
    Just looking at hospital records proves that.

There are people who are putting a bit of a downer on the scene and producing speeded up samey basslines which sound good at a rave, but to actually sit and listen to are a pile of wank...

I think you just have to dig deep and find what you like... personally I like most aspects of drum & bass... jump up, liquid, atmospheric, the more techy stuff etc etc

Makoto, I would HIGHLY reccomend Matrix and Futurebounds album they just released called Universal truth... its amazing.

ETA: A clip of the first song on that album, just to give you an idea of the style of DnB it is...

http://www.jamesm.ourwebnet.com/DJ/truthclip.mp3

That album is heavy. all about Coast to Coast at the moment for me. Not sure if Makoto would apreciate it though as although some of it is very musical its still got the subfocus/pendulum loud snare and its all compressed to be very loud etc for the dance floor. Im definatley liking calibre etc on the more minimal vibe.

Im looking forward to Bungles new album. he's coming out with some amazing liquid tunes at the moment.
  • Options
    That album is heavy. all about Coast to Coast at the moment for me. Not sure if Makoto would apreciate it though as although some of it is very musical its still got the subfocus/pendulum loud snare and its all compressed to be very loud etc for the dance floor. Im definatley liking calibre etc on the more minimal vibe.

Im looking forward to Bungles new album. he's coming out with some amazing liquid tunes at the moment.

calibre does some wicked stuff... took me a few listens to get into it, but Im def loving it now.

So are you just into Liquid and Older stuff then?
  • Options

nice 1. well i only really want that 1 tape to be honest so if you can find it that'd be quality. I do understand its a proper mission though to find, rip and upload it so let me know if it cant be done.

I'll set you a fiver for the mission though if u find it. :D
  • Options
    nice 1. well i only really want that 1 tape to be honest so if you can find it that'd be quality. I do understand its a proper mission though to find, rip and upload it so let me know if it cant be done.

I'll set you a fiver for the mission though if u find it. :D

I don't want any money. I'll have a look tomorrow mate and if I find it, it woulnd't be up for sale, though I'll happilly rip it again and upload it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    calibre does some wicked stuff... took me a few listens to get into it, but Im def loving it now.

So are you just into Liquid and Older stuff then?

I think im one of few who loves a bit of everything. I've always loved Dnb since it began pretty much. grew up listening to oldskool then it split into happy hardcore and jungle and was into happy harcore till...well, till 96 when i had this tape im pestering skive for lol. love all the old stuff since then.
    Me and my brother do a radio show twice a week and on that we play mostly jump up, all the mainstream stuff but when im chilling im right into my liquid/musical dnb. makoto, redeyes,alix pirez, calibe, etc.

it's all good. there's enough sub genre's for there to be something for everyone in my opinion. ;)
  • Options
    I don't want any money. I'll have a look tomorrow mate and if I find it, it woulnd't be up for sale, though I'll happilly rip it again and upload it.

nah i was meaning i'd give you a fiver for the effort of ripping it, not the actual tape.

much appreciated man.
  • Options
  • Options
    Pendulum Essential Mix - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4S4I9EF5 :)
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    on the jungle side of things, Congo Natty is a must

especially 'wardance'
    get a tape pack from about 1997 when it got fresh and good. the scene was struggling so it innovated.
  • Options
    I heard a bit of a new tune by Ruffstuff on Chronic records yesterday that hasn't been released yet. But it sounds promising.

Check it out here...

http://www.pyroradio.com/index.cfm/act/archive

It's the first Ruffstuff mix on that page.
  • Options
    any luck with that tape skive or is it a no go?