Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Masked Avengers latest hoax

Oh yes, Stargalaxy likes this story. Have you ever heard of the Masked Avengers? Well, if you haven't, they're Canadian radio DJs. Nothing astonishing in that, but these have become infamous in their homeland for their hoax calls on big-name celebrities. In the past, they've tricked Tiger Woods, Bono, Donald Trump, Paul McCartney and Janet Jackson. Their latest target?

One world leader received a phone call yesterday from the "Canadian prime minister", but which world leader got the call?Click here to find out.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What do you want us to debate?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    What do you want us to debate?
    Let's see... Chirac's reaction, the state of France, the disappearance of your sense of humour...

Bloody hell, Kentish. You know how heavy-going some of the topics in P&D are. All I tried to do was lighten up the atmosphere, and you jump on me for it. I suppose if you want to debate something, let's see... Chirac's reaction, whether these pranksters are doing a service or disservice, that sort of thing.
  • Options
    Nah, I'd rather ponder why two radio presenters feel the need to call themselves the 'Masked Avengers'.
  • Options
    I want to know how they got his number.
  • Options
    Bit of a non story to be honest but it tickled me how Chirac reaction was to burst out laughing. Good on him for having a sense of humour.
  • Options
    Good on him for having a sense of humour.

Indeed. :thumb:

I think it's funny, no big deal really...especially when the "target" himself wasn't bothered by it. Very amusing.