Home Drink & Drugs
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

E + Booze = ?

2

Comments

  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    go and die somewhere.

    No need for that.

    Desperate, you have to get to grips with the fact that drugs are fun. Most of us who take them do so not because we need to, but because they can give extremely rewarding experiences.

    People jump out of planes, race cars, climb extremely high cliffs and ride horses for fun - all of which are unnecessary and carry a certain amount of risk. Obviously ecstasy carries a risk, but in reality it's portrayed by the media and the governemtn to be far riskier than it actually is.

    Of course without actually experiencing the feelings ecstasy can give you, you're always going to find it hard to understand.

    People that take drugs arn't stupid they just have a different view on life, it;s each to their own. If you can't except that, then that's pretty sad.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    addicted7 wrote:
    I'm not ganging up on you.

    But when you come on here spouting shit telling someone they shouldn't do something because of some risks then you'll get a response. Stop acting the victim - we're allowed to question your opinion.

    It's not shit, it's a fact, anyway, I see your point Skive. Thanks for making your opinion constructive. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not shit, it's a fact, anyway, I see your point Skive. Thanks for making your opinion constructive. :)

    It's a fact that someone shouldn't do something because it carries risks? :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In my opinion, it carries unnecessary risks. But, if you disagree, you disagree, that's fine by me.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    it carries unnecessary risks.

    Life is full of them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    Desperate, you may find this worth reading. It's old but it's still relavent.
    http://ecstasy.org/info/risk.html

    The main worry really isn't the risk of death, it's the possible long term effects that may come with heavy and long term use. Nobody really knows for sure what they are, and unfortunately there has very little unbiased research into the drug.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In my opinion, it carries unnecessary risks. But, if you disagree, you disagree, that's fine by me.

    Do you drink? Smoke?

    Both potentially worse for you than E if taken in excess.

    If people want to take that risk...then surely you agree it's their decision, and theirs alone?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In my opinion, it carries unnecessary risks. But, if you disagree, you disagree, that's fine by me.

    Unnecessary :confused:

    How do you define necessary, driving a car to get from A to B is not totally necessary but you feel the need to...just like some people feel the need to take pills at the weekend to have a good time. I think your main mistake was totally avoiding the context of the thread, coming in like some know-it-all and saying something about how pills can kill you in one go...it makes you look like an amateur and a fool. And there's no point trying to win your futile argument with us because we know what the score is and we've got the facts to back it up. You however have got nothing but "hear say" advice...which is worthless in the field of drug debate.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No wonder we dont get many non drug users in this bit, there was no need for all the nasty comments, so she disagree's, thats hardly reason to say she should die.

    I'm sure you lot can express yourself a bit better than 'you're talking shite'.

    Desperate; Yes, taking MDMA carries a risk, and yes that is risk people take without a need to, it is a choice, much like other risky activities people do.
  • KimonoKimono Moderating mare Posts: 201 Settling in
    I'm sure you lot can express yourself a bit better than 'you're talking shite'.

    :yes:

    If you people want to make your points seem more credible, quit the playground name-calling.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    throughout history people have taken substances purely to get high. Yes there are risks, but tbh, statistically youre more likely to die from eating a peanut than eating an E.
    The comedown from peanuts is generally less harsh though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you don't see my point, then fine, I just don't see why you should all gang up against me for having a different opinion.

    I don't see why you should come onto a forum called "Drugs" and criticise people who take drugs, not expecting to get a bad response. You don't even have a valid argument.

    EDIT: Peanuts are gross :yuck:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't see why you should come onto a forum called "Drugs" and criticise people who take drugs, not expecting to get a bad response. You don't even have a valid argument.

    Case in point, your honour. Court is dismissed...

    ...in favour of the stoners.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't see why you should come onto a forum called "Drugs" and criticise people who take drugs, not expecting to get a bad response. You don't even have a valid argument.

    I dont think she was critical, well not until everyone started swearing at her and calling her stupid.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    I dont think she was critical, well not until everyone started swearing at her and calling her stupid.

    Well I think the criticism was acceptable, the fella was asking for a bit of advice and she just said something that had no relevance to the thread at all. I mean, if she was so concerned she'd start a thread about it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    I dont think she was critical, well not until everyone started swearing at her and calling her stupid.

    I was only answering her posts aimed at me, as the other discussions didn't really have anything to do with the topic. And niether did her comment, which is why I said what I said.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Certainly she seems to have a fairly alarmist view of how dangerous taking pills is, but having just re-read the whole thread it really doesnt live up to our usual 'the drugs section is the only one where people dont bitch' ideal does it.
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    I agree Bong, this forum is open to everyone, whether they take drugs or just want to find out more. A lot of you would be the first ones to bitch about the lack of understanding of non drug users and their bad attitudes towards drug takers, but the first chance you have to present your arguments in a logical and rational way, you get all defensive and insulting. Is it any wonder there is an education problem in this country, when the people who could provide the information and have a vested interest in changing attitudes behave like this?
    *rant over*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well its the same as if u went onto a gay forum and started bitching about homosexuality, what response do ya think u'd get ?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    well its the same as if u went onto a gay forum and started bitching about homosexuality, what response do ya think u'd get ?

    But she didn't really 'bitch' she just said she wouldn't take the risk of pills because you can die, which is true (although not the whole picture).

    So, at that point we could have, nicely, explained the relative risks, how dangerous MDMA really is, what harm reduction can be done etc. Instead people just say she 'talking shite' and one even told her to go and die.

    It would be the same as if I went to a Gay forum and said 'you can get aids from gay sex' which is technically true but hardly the full truth.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She may have not "bitched" but she did not wnat to take on board the views of drug users

    I'm not sure I would either if I was told I was 'talking shit'.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Then why didnt people just say that rather than insulting her?

    I dont want this to become a huge issue, its not really, I was just a bit surprised by peoples reactions.
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    Exactly Bong. Nice av by the way...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LadyJade wrote:
    Exactly Bong. Nice av by the way...

    Is it still the green one? I can never tell, I think Icey made this one for me and then Helen gave it to me.

    Yes, its my first, I never have anything to do with them normally.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why do you ask if its still the green one can you not see it?

    I have them all turned off, so I dont see anyones.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She made her opinion quite clear in the first post, with a very sarcastic tone. If someone is condescending (sp) towards me without a good reason, I normally take offense. And in that case, she did not have a good reason because she either hadn't read my question properly, or neglected to answer it properly.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    She made her opinion quite clear in the first post, with a very sarcastic tone. If someone is condescending (sp) towards me without a good reason, I normally take offense. And in that case, she did not have a good reason because she either hadn't read my question properly, or neglected to answer it properly.

    Your right there, she hadn't properly understoot your opening post.
    But surely the best way of dealing with that is to try to make her understand through reason, not insult?

    Someone told her to go away and die? Nice! :yeees:
    Weekender Offender 
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    If someone is condescending (sp) towards me without a good reason, I normally take offense.


    Well put Skive. Its a message board, there is no need to take it so personally....


    Yes Mr Budda it is still the green one, very mystic...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LadyJade wrote:
    Well put Skive. Its a message board, there is no need to take it so personally....


    Yes Mr Budda it is still the green one, very mystic...

    I understand. I've had experience of being slagged off on message boards before and it can be quite annoying. In future I'll be more accomodating. Promise :angel:
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    I understand. I've had experience of being slagged off on message boards before and it can be quite annoying. In future I'll be more accomodating. Promise :angel:

    Ah bless your heart. :D
Sign In or Register to comment.