Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

E + Booze = ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Most of the times I've taken ecstasy I've had a few drinks beforehand, let's say about 4 or 5 beers. I always hydrate regularly when I'm up (a pint of water an hour or so), and I haven't ever felt any ill effects of under or over-hydration.

My question is, there is lots of info that says you should not drink with E, but to what extent is this true? I would assume that if you had alcohol it would have a dehydrating effect, but probably this wouldn't be a major effect as long as: (a) you weren't drinking WHILE high, and (b) you were still hydrating sensibly while high?

Comments

• Options
    The hydration is an issue certainly, but its not the only one.

You are putting more strain on your liver, alcohol is difficult enough to get rid of, let alone mixing another thing in as well.

There's also the issue of mixing a downer with a stimulant, something that your heart wont thank you for.

And of course you are fogging the MDMA high, you wont get the proper euphoria.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    The hydration is an issue certainly, but its not the only one.

You are putting more strain on your liver, alcohol is difficult enough to get rid of, let alone mixing another thing in as well.

There's also the issue of mixing a downer with a stimulant, something that your heart wont thank you for.

And of course you are fogging the MDMA high, you wont get the proper euphoria.

While I have to emphasise all of the above, especially combining a stimulant and a depressant and I'm not condoning the activity - last weekend we had a moderately-sized bomb of MDMA powder at home with the intention of going to a club. I came up and while it was still good, I felt a bit 'clammy' and like I was lacking in something. We only ended up going to one of these chain Wetherspoon types things about midnight when it had died down and had four or five pints.

While it's not a clever thing to do, I must say after these drinks the MDMA was working a lot stronger along with the effects of alcohol a bit and overall my high was a lot, lot better than before we went (though actually leaving the apartment may have something to do with that aswell). So yeah, not good for your body and not clever to mix but it can be a good experience. Synergy comes to mind.
  • Options
    Yeah, I had heard about mixing depressants with stimulants. For me, I just feel quite inhibited before I'm up, so a bit of alcohol helps.
  • Options
    Yeah, I had heard about mixing depressants with stimulants. For me, I just feel quite inhibited before I'm up, so a bit of alcohol helps.

Taking drugs to help you 'loosen up' or because you feel inhibited can be a dangerous route to go down.
  • Options
    To 'loosen up' in what situation? I wouldn't necessarily say it's a dangerous route in all circumstances, I know in certain crowds I'll feel a bit intimidated about getting up and having a dance if I'm completely sober.

If you're refering to 'loosening up' in your close social groups that may be a bit of a concern I admit.
  • Options
    most of the time wen i do pills i drink before, and sometimes drink quite a bit afterwards. i've never really wanted to drink while im pilled up tho. it doenst really have any effect i've noticed .
  • Options
    No not in social groups, nothing like that. I just mean, I won't get up on the dance floor and boogie unless I've had a couple of drinks. I'm not a swinger or something like that ;)
  • Options
    99% of my ecstacy experiences have been when pissed. I loved it but the physical implications are already mentioned.
  • Options
    Yea turlough is right.

Every single time i've taken e's i've always been pissed beforehand, you know that's right maddog.
  • Options
    most of the time i take e's im pissed (also smoke a bit)

no matter what theres always some dope and a carry out on a friday and saturday, then its whatever else on top!

if you're pissed beforehand and bang 2 or 3 they hit hard

ive found it can turn you into quite an idiot, the stupidest things ive saw people do have been when they're snattered and took a load of e's .. ie walking into windows, walking into cupboards instead of doors and the like

i find i forget things easier and talk more shite .. not in the sense that you blabber away on e's, more that you don't make much sense and talkin can be more difficult

ecstasy really does fuck all to me these days, i wouldn't take them without drinking a good bit, it gives me more of a hit

not a super duper flying like fuck hit, cuz that doesnt happen at all anymore, just more of a subtle buzz .. better than nothing
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    no matter what theres always some dope and a carry out on a friday and saturday, then its whatever else on top!

:yes:

Yep that's always been the routine, the first thing you do on a friday night is buy a carryout and then you get your yokes.

I've always preffered the totally fucked, walking into walls, trying to climb walls and talking shit and forgetting it two seconds later buzz over the just sitting there in euphoria buzz.
  • Options
    Look at your first post. You're worried about a bit of drink but you're taking a drug which could instantly kill you?

Get your priorities right. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    :D
    Look at your first post. You're worried about a bit of drink but you're taking a drug which could instantly kill you?

• Options

:eek: :lol:

You miss the point. He's asking about drink mixed with E, not drink on its own - big difference.
  • Options

Yet another clueless idiot.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

Do you actually understand the point of this thread.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    What an idiot.
  • Options
    Says he who takes ecstasy. :eek2:
  • Options
    Says he who takes ecstacy. :eek2:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma.shtml

You might wanna educate yourself on the drug first misses.
  • Options
    Well let's face it. The fact that it can kill should be a big enough risk for you not to take it at all. No matter what the site says.
  • Options
    Well let's face it. The fact that it can kill should be a big enough risk for you not to take it at all. No matter what the site says.

So can drinking too much.
    Smoking too many cigarettes
    Driving a car
    Taking a plane
    Sky-diving
    Falling down the stairs

I can go on.

E's kill very very very few people a year...if you're comparing to the things above, then it's a safe drug.
  • Options

You must live a awfully boring life. I suppose getting out of bed is a struggle somedays, for fear of death. Catch yourself on.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    You must live a awfully boring life. I suppose getting out of bed is a struggle somedays, for fear of death. Catch yourself on.

I don't actually have a boring life. I just have a different opinion from yourself. You must be the boring ones if you need a drug to have a good time.
  • Options
    I don't actually have a boring life. I just have a different opinion from yourself. You must be the boring ones if you need a drug to have a good time.

I don't need them, it just makes it more fun. :thumb:

I think you need to visit the lighten-the-fuck-up fairy.
  • Options

go and die somewhere.
  • Options
    The chances of that are far lower due to the fact that I don't take ecstasy. :)
  • Options
    The chances of that are far lower due to the fact that I don't take ecstasy. :)

do u drive a car?
  • Options
    Yes, but that's not the point. That's a necessary item in society. But why take unnecessary risks by taking a tiny tablet and then it killing you?

If you don't see my point, then fine, I just don't see why you should all gang up against me for having a different opinion.
  • Options
    lol u saying u have no choice but to drive a car then?

u drive a car to you places faster cause ur too damn lazy to walk

people take beans to get high.
  • Options
    Yes, but that's not the point. That's a necessary item in society. But why take unnecessary risks by taking a tiny tablet and then it killing you?

If you don't see my point, then fine, I just don't see why you should all gang up against me for having a different opinion.

I'm not ganging up on you.

But when you come on here spouting shit telling someone they shouldn't do something because of some risks then you'll get a response. Stop acting the victim - we're allowed to question your opinion.