Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

United States bullies a weaker power...again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
US wont help Indian nuclear power if it doesnt vote against Iran

More bully boy tactics from Bush and his Neo-con cronies... Powers should not be able to influence UN votes in such a way.

Comments

• Options
    democracy ...one of the strangest illusions ever.
    one neat fucking trick though.

...and this is what the americans are bombing into people ...right now.

DEMOCRACY! :lol:
  • Options
    surely wherever theres any kind of vote involving the american government ...united nations inspectors should be bought in/
  • Options
    Bullying!? Why should America give India anything for nothing in return?
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:

Would New Labour be justified in offering me £300k to vote for them so i could buy myself a nice big house?
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    this is supposed to be the nations of the world voting.
    simple as that.
    but you want it american style where ...if you want something ...you strongarm the election ...you beat people into submission so the vote goes your way?
    but then go round killing others so their people can then do ...whatever ever america demand.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Would New Labour be justified in offering me £300k to vote for them so i could buy myself a nice big house?

Yes.
  • Options

Mandelson? Is that you?

In 2002, GWB banned the UN inspectors from overseeing his election.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    klintock wrote:
    Mandelson? Is that you?

:lol:

Erm, I am not supprised. Oh well, soon it will be China bullying everyone. Oh, wait, they do that anyway.

Well... I can't wait for Iran to get Nukes... and then see everyone leave them alone, it worked for North Korea afterall!
  • Options
    If India does not show they are serious about global nuclear proliferation by voting against a theocracy trying to gain nuclear technology how credible does it look when they say they will keep seperate military and civilian nuclear programmes?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :lol:

Erm, I am not supprised. Oh well, soon it will be China bullying everyone. Oh, wait, they do that anyway.

Well... I can't wait for Iran to get Nukes... and then see everyone leave them alone, it worked for North Korea afterall!
    they won't be allowed one ...simple.
    if by some miracle they declare they have one or more ...the place will be turned to red stained glass.
    make getting the oil out even easier.
  • Options
    they won't be allowed one ...simple.
    if by some miracle they declare they have one or more ...the place will be turned to red stained glass.
    make getting the oil out even easier.

Iran's military wont be anything like the walkover Iraq was... and no-one will nuke them, as using nukes only gets YOU nuked... and hte only nations that people go to war with now, are ones without nukes.

So if Iran gets them, they are safe. And they have a reasonable Military force which is more than capable of holding off invaders. It DID beat the world's 3rd largest armed focres (behind only and China and US!) which was Iraq before it attacked Iran.

The Iranians won't be a pushover, thats why we are not invading them yet!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Iran's military wont be anything like the walkover Iraq was...

Invasion would be an Iraq style walk over. Occupation a deathtrap for sure.
    So if Iran gets them, they are safe. And they have a reasonable Military force which is more than capable of holding off invaders. It DID beat the world's 3rd largest armed focres (behind only and China and US!) which was Iraq before it attacked Iran.

No, it ground them into a stalemate consuming at least 3 times as many troops as Iraq lost. America then completely and utterly stuffed the side that did that to them.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    Yes.

Point proven.
  • Options
    I'm sorry i didnt see a point in your silly rhetoric.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Iran's military wont be anything like the walkover Iraq was... and no-one will nuke them, as using nukes only gets YOU nuked... and hte only nations that people go to war with now, are ones without nukes.

The Iranians won't be a pushover, thats why we are not invading them yet!
    i see it very differently.
    you have the most poweful nation on earth ...being run by a family hierachy of greedy crooks.
    there are no statesmen there ...just crooks with plans ...that may or may not be going well.
    just as we reach the predicted peak oil time in history ...which has always been predicted as a time of economic turmoil and rising tension ...the americans have no industrial base ...are bankrupt ...at war ...and hated and mistrusted like never before in their brief domination of this earth.
    do you honestly believe this monster ...is going going to peacfuly roll over on it's back when it goes bankrupt?

i see it lashing out big style.
    threatening black mailing and killing.
    yes ...nukes.
    if they use a couple in the middle east ...and give out the usual warnings ...'we have every city on the globe targeted' ...one false move and we all go down ...
    those in the white house are scary people ...in a corner.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    No, it ground them into a stalemate consuming at least 3 times as many troops as Iraq lost. America then completely and utterly stuffed the side that did that to them.

:lol: ERm, I hate to shatter your illusion (I can't beleive you dont know this), but the US was supporting and helping Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war. Sigh. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i see it very differently.
    you have the most poweful nation on earth ...being run by a family hierachy of greedy crooks.
    there are no statesmen there ...just crooks with plans ...that may or may not be going well.
    just as we reach the predicted peak oil time in history ...which has always been predicted as a time of economic turmoil and rising tension ...the americans have no industrial base ...are bankrupt ...at war ...and hated and mistrusted like never before in their brief domination of this earth.
    do you honestly believe this monster ...is going going to peacfuly roll over on it's back when it goes bankrupt?

i see it lashing out big style.
    threatening black mailing and killing.
    yes ...nukes.
    if they use a couple in the middle east ...and give out the usual warnings ...'we have every city on the globe targeted' ...one false move and we all go down ...
    those in the white house are scary people ...in a corner.

You really think they would do it? I think this lot will be out come next election... I hope they are... are the people of America really that stupid?

They won't go down without a fight... but what good is an Armed forces without funds or supplies? I serverly doubt they'd launch nukes. The consequences would be to bad. All it takes, is one nuke, and then the globe is up in Arms. Israel is in the middle east, their freind, and they'd be damned pissed if they got nuked.
  • Options
    and russia the other side. So? Neither side knew how to use its nice new fancy weapons properly.
  • Options
    Further, Iraq was financed mainly by arab states and most of its weaponry was Soviet. It happend to aquire alot of chemicals from Europe and the US, but what difference in the war did that have, besides make even more Iranians suicidal headcases?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You really think they would do it? I think this lot will be out come next election... .
    you still believe the american people have real elections ...oh well.

War is realy americas only chance of staying at the top to be honest.

it will have to be a big one as well.

the americans have always been ready and willing to use nukes.

the imbalance in power now makes it a lot easier to do ...and paralyse the rest into fear ...too fearful to panic ...
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    and russia the other side. So? Neither side knew how to use its nice new fancy weapons properly.

Nope. The USSR was behind Iraq, too. They practically supplied the arms for most of the Iraqi army.
  • Options
    And america supplied fuckloads of arms to Iran hoping they would release hostages. What happens in war is...people...sell...weapons...too...both...sides...omfg revelation 2006.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    Further, Iraq was financed mainly by arab states and most of its weaponry was Soviet. It happend to aquire alot of chemicals from Europe and the US, but what difference in the war did that have, besides make even more Iranians suicidal headcases?

It had the effect... of... well, as with the War we have done, to make more people hate them. War against fundamentalist nutcases can only be won, by proving you are right, and life with your methods is better.

Not by murdering a few thousand of them.
  • Options
    From clarity comes closure
    From acceptance comes exposure
    From honesty comes denial!

Democracy=hoax!
  • Options
    why is India getting 'nuke knowhow' from the US? Wouldn't European states be better places to look towards? I mean we still use a lot of coal power out here.
  • Options
    Ah, it isnt so much bully boy tactics (well it is) as it is negotiating (no it isnt).

As for the Iran and Iraq war, well, everyone supplied everyone, Britain supplied both sides as did everyone else. it was all about watching one "ally" and one "enemy" wipe each other out and make alot of money in the process. The lesson learned from America in world war 2.
  • Options
    Yes, I suppose so. But IRaq was higly supported... we just put Saddam in power, afterall!

Then... America wanted but couldn't afford a new MBT... so they sold it to Iran! Clever! And used that money to get their own. :/

Stupidty reigns.