Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Car Insurance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any great deals for car insurance going about at the moment? Mines is due next month and fancy a change.

:)

Comments

• Options
    Liverpool Victoria. Introducturary 50% discount :)
  • Options
    Admiral has always given me a good deal, they like young drivers apparently, Im 24 btw and driving a car that is apparently too powerful for me.

:yeees:

So aye, if they like young drivers, they'll love you :p
  • Options
    im with Tesco... havent compared them to anyone else for a while but they give me a fair enough price.
  • Options
    i'm getting quotes at the minute for a car i hope to buy. The best so far is Diamond (but seeing as you are bloke that won't help.) The rest i've triend kinda fell inbetween. Oh, but Hastings direct was a whopping 1500 more expensive than my cheapest quote, i was not impressed.

try confused.com
  • Options
    I found confused.com isn't that good. I have a really good premium from RAC. Try them out, I did a quick test to see if it is cheap for young uns but it's still coming out at about £1200 for comprehensive and in quite a small car.

Maybe you'd be best to try admiral, if they like young drivers. :)
  • Options
    Try Churchill too. I got a relatively cheap quote from them.
  • Options
    My cheapest car quotes were always with elephant.co.uk. No experience of their claims department, thank god! :)

I found it helped greatly(obviously, depending on car) if I added my stepmother to the policy as a named driver. Made £60 or so a year difference to the 205GTi, almost £200 per year difference to the Scooby, and a slight difference to the Primera. Like I say, it depends very much on what you drive.

One company does not fit all. It depends very much on age, experience, NCB, location, profession, mileage... As ever, you have to do lots of legwork to get the best deal.

--Rich
  • Options
    http://www.bell.co.uk

You get legal protection, car replacement, european cover and free window replacement as standard apparently.

Got a quote for £650 from Bell,
    egg.com was £1,450,
    Elephant was £820
    (for a 1.2 corsa)

I was quite shocked, I made sure that all the details were similar, how can egg justify almost double what others are quoting?

*Both bell and elephant were 10 month bonus accelerators and egg was 12 month.

It just shows that a bit of "shopping" around makes a LOT of difference.

ETA: I thought it would be cheaper to put my dad as the main driver aand me as the additional as I am young (20), a student, been driving just 2years 4 months and have an accident. Not so - the quotes have been double for that!!
  • Options
    Get this - Bell, Elephant and Admiral are the same company. ;) How can they justify any difference between quotes? :)
  • Options
    Get this - Bell, Elephant and Admiral are the same company. ;) How can they justify any difference between quotes? :)

cunts

Admiral - £680
  • Options
    www.liverpool-victoria.co.uk

Seriously, some of you will be astounded.
  • Options
    I used morethan and saved a lot over admiral but also remember a company is only as good as their ability to pay out if an accident occurs, admimarl paid out instantly when I had an accident 5 years ago, before that was with Endiseligh and they took over 5 months .. never used them again.
  • Options
    Depends how old you are and your driving experience really. Churchill are quite good tho
  • Options
    I pay £189 per year to insure something that will do 140mph+, hit 100mph in under 10 seconds, and do the quarter mile in 11.

And I only pay £60 per year road tax. And £25 for an MOT. And I get to skip all the traffic.

You all pay too much money ;).
  • Options
    I pay £189 per year to insure something that will do 140mph+, hit 100mph in under 10 seconds, and do the quarter mile in 11.

And I only pay £60 per year road tax. And £25 for an MOT. And I get to skip all the traffic.

You all pay too much money ;).
    And it's easy to steal, you have to either freeze or spend ages putting on/removing layers, if you (god forbid) get into an accident then your bike, and yourself will most likely be severely damaged, theres no radio unless you stick earphones in, which is both illegal and not as good as surround sound anyway, you have to warm it up (unless its a 4 stroke)... shall i go on? :p
  • Options
    Using earphones is not illegal - and most cars don't have surround sound ;). I have thermal lining in all my gear, I use the same warm-up procedure as I do with cars - start it, 10-15 seconds later pull off. As for accidents - it's just a part of the adventure! ;) It'll never be as safe as driving a car, but you do tend to notice and predict things a lot further in advance than when you're in a car...

Biggest problem for me is no windscreen wipers. It's awful at this time of year :(.
  • Options
    After much shopping around I've gone with swiftcover.co.uk Saved me over £200 with no loss of cover (infact my cover is slightly better). So I'm a happy bunny.
  • Options
    Excellent stuff! Find somewhere that'll give me £200 off and I'll be even happier than you :).
  • Options
    tesco. :yes:
  • Options
    I wanna get put as a second driver on my stepdads car. But a 21 year-old who hasn't passed his test yet on a 3 litre pickup. :chin: Don't think he'll be up for it.