Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sobering up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Never thought about this but, if you've been smoking and are stoned, whats the quickest way of sobering up if needs be?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wait and enjoy it, my friend. :D
    I don't think there is any quick way to get yourself unstoned, just try not and think about it as much.
    :lol:

That's but I do but end up thinking "hmmm, bored of this now".
    By the way, I was told to smoke a pipe just for a buzz or a joint for the whole stoned feeling, whats your take on this?
    By the way, I was told to smoke a pipe just for a buzz or a joint for the whole stoned feeling, whats your take on this?

what are you smoking?

im not positive about grass, but soap bar in a pipe/bong etc tends to get you more stoned than a joint
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I find the best to sober up is to drink some water, and then focus on something. You know, keep concentrated and focused.

Also, I find the situation you smoke in and stuff affects it. Also, a pipe/bong will get you far more whacked. Unless you smoke a fair few joints. Scraping the bowl and smoking that is awesome too... especially as mine is a mix of severall different substances. :D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    If you're fucked the best way to sober up is to eat plenty, and drink plenty of water. No doubt about it.
    Weekender Offender 
    Cold shower help if you can... also for the "red eyes" there is drops which actually help you get better as your eyes will be less dry... otherwise sometimes I know having a good scare can wake you up for the time you need to deal with the cause of it... But obviously if you can, enjoy it all the way :D
    Call your mother or somebody equally boring. When I needed a quick buzz kill I'd always give her a call :p

Or nearly get hit by a deer in the city. A deer in chicago. Oh yes, that made the buzz go quick.
    Best ways I've found are if you get into a situation where the adrenalin (fight or flight) kicks in. Maybe like getting into a fight or in a hostile situation.

Though there are probably easier ways..
    Never tried to sober up while stoned so wouldn't know.

Btw I fucking despise pipes, hate the sight of them. Lungs and joints are the way to go.
    turlough wrote:
    Btw I fucking despise pipes, hate the sight of them. Lungs and joints are the way to go.

aye i hate wee smelly pipes too, lungs are good shit, so are waterfuckits ;D (or wahtever the hell you people call them)
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Once the cannabis is in your system, you just have to wait for it to wear off. There isn't anything you can do to make it happen more quickly. Although as z0ma said, somthing like adrenaline may overide the effects slightly, and make you perceive you are more alert.

Drug effects are largely based on how quickly the amount of drug in your blood system changes (thats why crack is much more powerful than cocaine when they are chemically very similar).

So, on that basis a bong will hit you harder and make you feel more stonned, not always because you have had more THC, but because you have had it quicker.
    bongbudda wrote:
    So, on that basis a bong will hit you harder and make you feel more stonned, not always because you have had more THC, but because you have had it quicker.

why do you spell stoned with two n's ?

:P
    z01 wrote:
    why do you spell stoned with two n's ?

:P

Because that's the way its supposed to be spelt. I don't make mistakes.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    Because that's the way its supposed to be spelt. I don't make mistakes.

I can't find it in the dictionary?
    Weekender Offender 
    I really do think it is correctly spelled "stoned" never even seen it being spelt stonned before until now

That's because you hang around with pot heads, they cant spell anything.

OK, well maybe you can spell it both ways, I'm not sure that use of the word will be in the OED anyway.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I have the feeling that Bongbudda is in the mood to wind people up today...
    When you pronounce that properly it just sounds wrong

That's a trick of the light, if you tried it outside it would be totally different.
    Well. I hate to add a grammatical suggestion in this thread but the correct spelling is in fact "stoned". :)
    Smoking a pipe is a more quicker heavier stone i find, i prefer just smoking a joint now.
    Out of personal experience I've found having a quick nap and then loads of water and a cup of coffee helps loads, but it doesn't bring you back to normal entirely. I'm sure a shower would help too.
    er, it's spelt stowned, surely?
    I find when i really stoned i can't sleep, too many thoughts racing through your head.

Also drinking then smoking a joint isn't a good idea i learned the other night, ended up chucking a massive whitey when i came home and smoked a joint after being in the pub, it just goes to show not to underestimate alcohol and cannabis together.

Although why is that? if you smoke then drink you be dead on but total the opposite if you smoke after drinking.
    Shogun wrote:
    I find when i really stoned i can't sleep, too many thoughts racing through your head.

i also find it hard to get asleep when im really stoned, for the same reason .. tthinking like fuck!
    Also drinking then smoking a joint isn't a good idea i learned the other night, ended up chucking a massive whitey when i came home and smoked a joint after being in the pub, it just goes to show not to underestimate alcohol and cannabis together.

Although why is that? if you smoke then drink you be dead on but total the opposite if you smoke after drinking.

anytime im drinking im also smoking, even if im out ill still have a few joints, so i'm usually fine smoking and drinking at the same time, but its definatly easy to hit the point where the everything starts spinning and its bed time ..

depends on where you're drinking i find though, i tend to to drink a lot faster if im out, but if im sittin in a mates ill be pretty much smoking constantly all night but drinking at a slower pace

thats also when eyebrows end up getting lost lol (heh, my mate dandered home with whiskers and a moustache drawn on his face with a black permanent marker the other morning .. dont think he realised until later on that night)
    Yeh sitting in a house with your mates you tend to sip away at tins and have the craic whereas pubs you're just downing the pints like.

I never fall asleep at parties, only ever did it once in my own house party, woke up with one eyebrow shaved off and my ma's knickers on my face :shocking: :crazyeyes
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Heh, I find the best type of thing to do when mixing booze and pot is to have a real chill-out atmosphere going. If it gets too hectic it all spinds and fucks out for me.

Generally, I try to keep the two sepereate. I have noticed that you should never drink then smoke... smoke THEN drink. Its odd.
    turlough wrote:
    I never fall asleep at parties, only ever did it once in my own house party, woke up with one eyebrow shaved off and my ma's knickers on my face :shocking: :crazyeyes

aye ive saw a couple of crackers lol

pockets filled with shaving foam wins for originality
    Heh, I find the best type of thing to do when mixing booze and pot is to have a real chill-out atmosphere going. If it gets too hectic it all spinds and fucks out for me.

i think it happens a lot easier if you're smoking strong grass, but maybe thats just because i usually smoke soap bar ..

i prefer the heavy buzz you get with dope and drink :)
    z01 wrote:
    aye ive saw a couple of crackers lol

pockets filled with shaving foam wins for originality

I know a guy who had a bar of soap shoved up his hole...no joke.