Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Training as a Paramedic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know somebody who is current working as a Ambulance techinan but isnt fully qualified but wants to do a course along side working to become quailfed even up to paramedic level! I know i have seen one but cant find it now! Any ideas????

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i found that for i need the persific course to do the training along side working
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i found that for i need the persific course to do the training along side working

i don't believe that there is such a thing. Paramedics (who don't go through the higher education course) are just ambulance technicians who have done the job for a long time and take additional training, which I guess would be provided direct from the NHS trust they are working for.

To quote from their site
    Most applicants will initially be recruited as Ambulance Care Assistants (though some services offer direct entry programmes for Ambulance Technicians) they will then be recruited internally for further training as an Ambulance Technician.

To apply for Paramedic training you will normally need to have had at least one years operational experience as a qualified Ambulance Technician and you must also have passed the written and practical examinations set by the IHCD, the national awarding body for ambulance qualifications