Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I think i've invented a new form of motorsport.

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    manickev wrote:
    I said that IN MY OPINION killing someone whilst drink driving is worse than cold blooded murder

I fail to see how anybody can come to that conclusion.
    manickev wrote:
    On a lot of occasions the drink driver does walk away unharmed. He's the one in the car remember. They don't just hit other cars, they hit pedestrians, or cause other vehicles to swerve into an accident.

Your implying that drink drivers walk away from crashes more often than sober drivers who crash, which is untrue.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    I fail to see how anybody can come to that conclusion.

Your implying that drink drivers walk away from crashes more often than sober drivers who crash, which is untrue.

I see drink driving as being irresponsible and anyone who does it is having absolutely no regard for the safety of others. If they kill someone they have done so because they have been completely reckless, and had no thought of the consequences.

Someone who kills someone in cold blood knows the consequences usually.

I'm not debating what is the worst of the two, I'm saying that it is wrong, and that i don't think manslaughter is a suitable way of judging it. I suppose that's down to the law though.

Also, I wasn't implying that drunk drivers walk away more than sober ones. My point was that drink drivers often kill pedestrians through lack of reaction (from which they walk away), or cause other cars to swerve because of their erratic driving (which causes two or more other cars to crash, from which they again walk away).

The bottom line is that if you are drunk, you are more likely to be involved in/cause an accident, as it is proven that alcohol slows your reactions down. In these accidents, innocent people get hurt, because of the reckless behaviour of the drunk driver.
    Noone has said drink driving is responsible or safe ... The alc limit for drinking is supposedly 'safe' and its a very modest limit anyway...people could get away with having more and feeling fine (im not saying they should at all)...

I thought what he said was a fun idea and im sure he was just pissing about, he obviously isn't going to go and take a loan out and start a business of it is he, so take it less seriously next time :/
    manickev wrote:
    I'm not debating what is the worst of the two

But you did state that you think causing death by drink driving is worse than 'cold blooded murder'.
    manickev wrote:
    Someone who kills someone in cold blood knows the consequences usually.

So that makes it better?

That's some fucked up logic.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    But you did state that you think causing death by drink driving is worse than 'cold blooded murder'.

So that makes it better?

That's some fucked up logic.

It's not as fucked up as having any argument pro-drink driving.

In cold blooded murder, you know who you are going to kill, and it is all planned out, I didn't say I approved of this. My original point was that killing someone driving uti is as serious a crime as murder.

Killing someone whilst drink driving is far worse in my opinion because the killer hasn't got a fucking clue who he is going to kill/maim/injure, in fact he doesn't give a shit, and that for me is the most irresponsible thing a human can do - let his actions get so out of control that other people get hurt as a result, and to add insult to injury, not give a shit about the consequences, especially when it's so easy to leave the car at home.
    Motorcyclist was knocked off his bike by a landrover in my village the other week. The landrover driver just carried straight on into town without stopping! The motorcyclist had 2 kids and a wife, was hospitalised and unconcioucious with broken ribs, broken legs, broken arms, internal blleding you name it.

Who knows if the landdrover driver was drunk. But the point Im trying to make is that something beforehand he didnt consider - the possibility he might kill someone - and now someone else is paying the price.

The fact he hasn't come forward just goes to show he or she still isnt very bothered.
    manickev wrote:
    It's not as fucked up as having any argument pro-drink driving.

Who has been taking a 'pro-drink driving' stance? :confused:
    manickev wrote:
    Killing someone whilst drink driving is far worse in my opinion because the killer hasn't got a fucking clue who he is going to kill/maim/injure

So to cause death wihtout any malice or premeditation is worse than murder, which requires malicious intent?

You're a loon.
    Weekender Offender 
    Hmm mixed reactions.

Yeah its irresponsable and extremely dangerous. Plus it endangers innocent peoples lives. I don't think it should be played down at all. But it would be interesting in a controlled environment.

When I drove my moped after a half pint of bitter (about about 4% vol.) i was fully in control of it and i drove on un-pedestrianised (?) roads. I would never drink anything if any other people than myself were involved, if i was driving in a housing estate or in a car.

I'm really upset to hear these horrible stories and to anyone affected by drink driving I'm really sorry.
    Even in a controlled, blocked road, enviroment you yourself can still die. Guy in my home town, on a bike, got in an accident with only the road. Dead.

Though I stick by my initial opinion, if you want to do it, alone and no one near, its a great way to reduce the moron population.
    my_name wrote:
    Even in a controlled, blocked road, enviroment you yourself can still die. Guy in my home town, on a bike, got in an accident with only the road. Dead.

Though I stick by my initial opinion, if you want to do it, alone and no one near, its a great way to reduce the moron population.

True. Unfortunately other morons outside the controlled area copy the "sport" and kill other people in the process.
    i don't see how getting a SAFE location, putting rollcages etc into cars to make them SAFE then getting fucked and driving around is ridiculing people who have died from drink driving or advocating drink driving in a manner that is dangerous to people (ie driving around in public snattered) .. the only person that can get hurt is you or the people with you .. as long as everythings set up properly, noone is going to get hurt too bad

why is it taken differently than any other 'exteme' sport that people partake in for fun

i persoanlly think it would be great fun, as long as you're strapped in ok it'd be good craic

people are so stuck up :chin:
    Mist wrote:
    True. Unfortunately other morons outside the controlled area copy the "sport" and kill other people in the process.

Yes :(
    morons.
    I think that some people in this thread need to realise that while you are making a conscious decision to risk the lives of others by drink driving, every time you get behind the wheel you are doing the same. Its not as if sober drivers don't crash you know.
    Mist wrote:
    Unfortunately other morons outside the controlled area copy the "sport" and kill other people in the process.

That's right. I quite often see people banger racing round our local area. :rolleyes:

If you want to partake in a risky activity or sport it doesn't make you a moron.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    That's right. I quite often see people banger racing round our local area. :rolleyes:

Oh that's right, i forgot, noone street races do they? And encouraging people to race cars in a drunken state around a track would in no way be a contradictory message to anti drink-drive campaigns either.
    If you want to partake in a risky activity or sport it doesn't make you a moron.

Hmm.
    drunk driving is a sport? totally x games dude :rolleyes:
    Mist wrote:
    Oh that's right, i forgot, noone street races do they?

whats street racing got to do with driving around drunk in a safe location
    drunk driving is a sport? totally x games dude

so, although you previously posted in the thread, you've still managed to forgot the whole discussion ?
    z01 wrote:

Do you think you could read the posts and then come up with a different question that I've not already answered?
    so, although you previously posted in the thread, you've still managed to forgot the whole discussion ?

As have you, it appears.
    z01 wrote:

The thread started out as some guy saying how driving your motorcycle drunk is fun and should be a sport, mist quoted somebody who said taking part in a risky sport does not make you a moron. I've metioned that drunk driving and the thought this guy has come up with is moronic. i then questioned since when did drunk driving become a sport.

oh my list is full :(
    my_name wrote:
    The thread started out as some guy saying how driving your motorcycle drunk is fun and should be a sport

:yeees:

it doesn't say that when i read it..

.. it ws more along thelines of making a vehicle safe, then attempting to drive drunk
    The title states it. De de de. And I thought I needed glasses.
    F1 racing is endangering others lives knowingly, and ure own ... same with some rockclimbing, boxing (to an extent)...

It doesn't make you a moron to want to do these it just means you're competitive and have found something you enjoy and agree to the risks...

You do see ppl racing on the streets sometimes, if you think this is because theyre copying professional sports then maybe youre a little misguided... Not everyone does something because the other person did it...

Also the thread starter siad hed had half a pint and was feeling a little innebriated, he wasnt doing anything wrong ... Stressed / tired / distracted people coming home from work are much more of a danger.. or maybe nervous drivers.

All this is NOT to say drink driving is good... but as said before it would be fun to do / watch under controlled conditions (this menas the people agree to it, no lives are at risk etcetc)

:yeees:
    muse- wrote:
    You do see ppl racing on the streets sometimes, if you think this is because theyre copying professional sports then maybe youre a little misguided... Not everyone does something because the other person did it...

Of course not *everyone* does something because someone else does. But some people do. Which is the problem.

F1, rockclimbing and even boxing to some extent are sports practised by professionals with a high degree of technical skill involved. This sounds like the whole concept is to "get pissed and drive a car to see what amusing stuff happens", there's no degree of skill, no real reason to do it, and nothing to be proud of in terms of achievement. It's just bollocks for the sake of it, and not really a sport at all.
    Mist wrote:
    Of course not *everyone* does something because someone else does. But some people do. Which is the problem.

F1, rockclimbing and even boxing to some extent are sports practised by professionals with a high degree of technical skill involved. This sounds like the whole concept is to "get pissed and drive a car to see what amusing stuff happens", there's no degree of skill, no real reason to do it, and nothing to be proud of in terms of achievement. It's just bollocks for the sake of it, and not really a sport at all.

pretty damn funny though :cool:
    muse- wrote:
    pretty damn funny though :cool:

Depends what you find amusing I guess.
    Mist wrote:
    F1, rockclimbing and even boxing to some extent are sports practised by professionals with a high degree of technical skill involved.

Maybe we should ban rock climbing incase little Johnny decides to climb some cliffs.
    muse- wrote:
    pretty damn funny though

It is good fun, When we were younger we would hare around my mates field in his old mans bangers after having a few drinks. We used to don motor cross gear and trail a bonnet behind one of the cars whilst another stood on it. Funny as fuck.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    It is good fun, When we were younger we would hare around my mates field in his old mans bangers after having a few drinks.

Yeah, the problem is that too many people do that on a public road. Which isn't funny as fuck, not when it wipes out the family of four coming the other way.

People who get into their cars under the influence of drugs or drink are vermin of the highest order, and should be punished accordingly. People who street race are vermin who should be punished accordingly. The twats who speed in urban areas should have their fines increased tenfold.

Boring, but safer.
    Kermit wrote:
    Yeah, the problem is that too many people do that on a public road. Which isn't funny as fuck, not when it wipes out the family of four coming the other way.

People who get into their cars under the influence of drugs or drink are vermin of the highest order, and should be punished accordingly. People who street race are vermin who should be punished accordingly. The twats who speed in urban areas should have their fines increased tenfold.

Boring, but safer.

I totally agree.

I don't see how getting a car with alcohol in the system can be justfied let alone 'fun'
    Skive wrote:
    It is good fun, When we were younger we would hare around my mates field in his old mans bangers after having a few drinks. We used to don motor cross gear and trail a bonnet behind one of the cars whilst another stood on it. Funny as fuck.

Exactly... this is what the thread starter was on about, not getting wasted and racing round on the roads lol..

anyway i think this thread has exhausted itself :p
    Renzo wrote:
    I don't see how getting a car with alcohol in the system can be justfied let alone 'fun'

Well nobody here is advocating the driving of car on the road whilst over the alcohol limit.
    Weekender Offender