Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hello everyone!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    addicted7 wrote:
    Going by pusher_collector's alcohol intake, it'd be pretty annoying sitting there dead while everyone else was still alive.

yeah, very good point and the only one with a destroyed liver.
  • Options
    Hey I'm Oriental Asian and definatley cannot handle my drink... my whole body changes colour into bright red and I feel like I've ran a marathon... you tell how drunk I am by how the shades of red I turn into... My whole family is like this too... pretty funny at xmas

My housemate whos a dietecian reckons you can get the pill with the enzyme in it... does this mean I can drink my friends under the table?;)

Cheers
  • Options
    Hehe, I have a few Chinese mates who are the same. It's usually a good laugh to see them get pissed so easily!

Apparently there are pills that can increase the levels of the enzymes ADH (alcohol dehydrogenase) and ALDH (acetaldehyde dehydrogenase), which are the ones that normally break down alcohol and are present in lower levels in people of Asian origin.

There is a reference here:
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1353306,prtpage-1.cms

Oh and hello to butterscotch :D
  • Options
    Fuck it, if you're getting pissed on a couple of drinks, fair play to you, more money for a kebab and a taxi on your way home. Enzymes are over-rated.
  • Options
    Can't hate a cheap date ;)
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Enzymes are over-rated.

I'd love to shut some biochemistry lecturers up with that one :D