Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drug Sniffing Dogs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not a big fan of animals generally.

Anyway, how good would a dog be at smelling cannabis in a festival go-ers bag if they were lucky enough to get stopped and sniffed?

Also if a festival go-er was to scoop out some brylcreem, put his sealed cannabis inside and dollop the brylcreem on top, would the dog be less-likely to smell it?

Lastly, what measures would an unlucky festival go-er have to take in order to get cannabis in if he knew for a fact he would get searched?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    yipee a new thread :D

Anyway, how good would a dog be at smelling cannabis in a festival go-ers bag if they were lucky enough to get stopped and sniffed?
    Probalally pretty damn good
    Also if a festival go-er was to scoop out some brylcreem, put his sealed cannabis inside and dollop the brylcreem on top, would the dog be less-likely to smell it?
    I'm not sure what that is, i'd guess like petroleum jelly? If so, if you scoop some out, put the bud in there, and put some jelly back on top, making sure you submerged the bud totally, you would probabally be fine.
    Lastly, what measures would an unlucky festival go-er have to take in order to get cannabis in if he knew for a fact he would get searched?
    cry, piss, moan, bitch, complain, and make special brownies.
  • Options
    Though your post was light-hearted, you gave me an idea with the brownies.
    Thanks.

Nobody else need mention putting the weed in food.

Edit. Brylcreem is a thick sort of hair-product.
  • Options
    I got pulled over not an hour after buying a quarter yesterday and smoking 2 bowls...in my car. So I had a good portion of a quarter left in my right pocket, a huge bag of pills in my other, and my hashpipe had fallen and was leaning on the door to the point that if I had to step out of the vehicle it surely would have fallen out. How did I get out of it, you ask? Charm. Smile. Stay calm. Just don't act too laid back and carefree or they could get the impression that you're driving under the influence. Seriously though when your attitude is the only thing you got going for you, you better be that cop's best fucking friend...
  • Options
    Really wouldn't worry too much. My mates were going to a festivel andn their bus was stopped and a sniffer dog was used, they had every drug under the sun and the dog didn't get anything.

Anyway, you'll be alright...everyone freaks out before festivels about getting caught with drugs, going to extreme measures to hide them like buying a multipack or crisps, opening one packet, putting the drugs in it, gluing it up and the multipack itself :shocking:

I just put them in my pocket and walked on in.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:
    Really wouldn't worry too much. My mates were going to a festivel andn their bus was stopped and a sniffer dog was used, they had every drug under the sun and the dog didn't get anything.

Where as I got caught with several pills and a large chunk of hash by a sniffer dog going into a festival.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I guess it depends how good the dog is. You could always surround your drugs with coffee beans. Then it just depends if your dog is trained to sniff out coffee beans. Ahh well. ;)
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Where as I got caught with several pills and a large chunk of hash by a sniffer dog going into a festival.

Yea I think I remember you saying that before. Shit happens...I think there's more security at raves than there is at rock festivel.
  • Options
    Didn't see one dog at reading.. nd the police were wondering round pretty much watchign everyone smoke, i don't think they look too harshly on it at rock festivals
  • Options
    even if you get pulled over, as far as I am aware they are not allowed to search your underwear without the presence of a doctor, so if you stash everything down there you should be ok- they just hope that people will shit it and hand everything over.
  • Options
    Mez wrote:
    even if you get pulled over, as far as I am aware they are not allowed to search your underwear without the presence of a doctor, so if you stash everything down there you should be ok- they just hope that people will shit it and hand everything over.

Thats actually terrible advice, unless that is you want an intimate search, if the dog smells you and reacts then when they search you the best option is to hand it over and take your probable caution. Trying too hard to hide it when the copper know's you have something could lead to a search with the rubber glove.