Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ill at work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So my place of employment are stickelers for attendence. I've had multiple appts and time off for my feet in the last month. Thats fine, and now its almost over with. They hate that I'm gone but it was needed. But in the last 2 weeks I've had to call in for a migraine once and I had a Dr's appt yesterday morning and was gone until noon. I have an appt this evening which I would have had to leave early, and out of luck (for me) I got another appt this morning for something unexpected.

All they know is I've told them I've had appts. But three in two days? I didn't get a note for the last one (yesterday) Should I get notes/proof I actually had the two today? Should I tell my boss what is going on? I was thinking maybe just explaining to her that I'm not always like this. I'm not a hypo or a sicky, its just an unexpected coincidence that this is all going on right now. Should I explain that to her or would it be stupid of me?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you are that worried, i would say get a note from your doctor, for your peace of mind like and then they cant say anything to you. I know what you mean though i had quite a few sick days last year and was called into the office, they didnt say anything too bad, perhaps it was more concern than anything but if it came down to it, your doctors have records for your appts.

If you feel you can speak to your boss, then yeah tell her, it can be difficult sometimes as some things are a bit personal, try not to worry too much, i think its like 7 days off sick in a row that you need an actual doctors note anyway but dont quote me on that!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think its different everywhere. At mine more than three days in a row and you *need* a Dr's note. If you call in more than 5 days a year without a documanted medical reason, your canned. They are tough. I can talk to her, hell I'd tell her every detail :p I'm just a nervous person. Its only Jan 11 and I've only been there 7 months.

Thank you :)