Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Free Market and Social Services

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the fact that you have stated your a hypnotist/therapist ...wAS OBViously bullshit then ...what a relief!

:lol:
    is so the opposite of how i live and think and feel ...puts you way way out of where my heart and mind lay .... :shocking:

Betcha a tenner?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    :lol:

Betcha a tenner?
    come and meet me ...i'll buy you a beer and introduce you to something far more radical than blagsta ...
  • Options
    come and meet me ...i'll buy you a beer and introduce you to something far more radical than blagsta ...

Your on. Pm me when and where.

Course, you also get to meet me.......
  • Options

I see the Government Social Programs in US and in Britain are suffering from enormous management incompetency. Does anybody know the situation in the Scandinavian countries?

May God Bless us all,
    Unes
  • Options

Two observations;

First; in this environment of corporate take over, corporations are consolidating their positions. And little competitions get swallowed before they could have any impact. Free Market has failed to generate competitions, as the proponents of the Free Market have always argued. So in actual practice Free Market has not generated competition, but it rather has created giant monopolies.

Second; vast majority of government employees are hard working, dedicated, and conscientious people with high integrity, then why their unions have imposed such a terms in their contracts with the government that has hand-coughed the management's hand to freely and effectively manage their operations? For the sake of very few bad apples the unions have imposed impractical measures that impedes the effectiveness of the government management. Unions could not have such terms in the private sector, then how such terms has crept into their contracts with the government? These terms has caused the efficiency of government employees to go down drastically. So these terms are not in the best interests of the government employees either. The government managers could get evaluated at the end of each year by their employees, the same way that each college professors get evaluated at the end of each semester by secret ballots from their students.

I remember I had a neighbor who was working for county board of education. He had become an alcoholic. Some days I saw him go to work around 10 AM totally wasted. It took THREE years that board of education could fire him. Board of education had to go through few hearings until they could kick out that employee. Such inefficiency is giving bad name to vast majority of honorable government workers. It is interesting to know how and why the government system operates with these kind of management problems.

May God Bless us all,
    Unes
  • Options
    Other people's value to me is limited to what they can do for me.

is so the opposite of how i live and think and feel ...puts you way way out of where my heart and mind lay .... :shocking:

MR

Could you fill me in as to how you live think and feel ? As,and how, it relates (oppositely ?) to Klintock`s statement.

Seeker