Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Free Market and Social Services

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The number of households staying in temporary accommodation has risen steadily from 4420 on 30 June 2002 to 6574 on 31 March 2004. Households may be in temporary accommodation for a number of reasons but the majority will be waiting for permanent accommodation. Households are spending longer in temporary accommodation as it is becoming increasingly difficult for them to access suitable permanent accommodation. One reason for this is that the right to buy has led to the steady erosion of the local authority stock available for let.

Scottish Council for Single Homeless
    http://www.scsh.co.uk/Info/homelessness.htm
  • Options
    Over time, Right to Buy sales have significantly reduced the supply of affordable housing in areas of high housing demand and in many rural communities.

You can buy a street in some areas for the same as a house in london. So, my advice for those who can't buy a house is to move.
    At the same time, the booming housing market has lead to a proliferation of private companies exploiting the Right to Buy discount. Companies have been offering council tenants cash incentives to exercise their Right to Buy, on the basis that they move out and lease the property to the company. The property is then sublet at a market rent, and when the period over which the discount has to be repaid on resale has elapsed, the company buys out the former tenant and sells the property on, making a massive capital gain as well as the profit on the rent.

A fool and his money are soon parted. If your going to be that fucking dim, why should it be anyone elses problem?
  • Options
    not a believer in freedom really are you?
  • Options
    not a believer in freedom really are you?

You'll have to explain this a bit I think.
  • Options
    Its self explanatory really.
  • Options
    :confused:

Your position seems to be that people who do no work, with no skills or with skills with no value, no money or resources should be allocated things (by violently taking them from others who DO meet those criteria) rather than jump on a train and go somewhere else or gain skills, resources or money.

hmmm.....

I think you'll have to explain this a bit....
  • Options
    having just gone trhough the who;e thread ...i have to say ...if this was a party political votes grab i'd be voting for ...blagsta.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

Your position seems to be that people who do no work, with no skills or with skills with no value, no money or resources should be allocated things (by violently taking them from others who DO meet those criteria) rather than jump on a train and go somewhere else or gain skills, resources or money.

hmmm.....

I think you'll have to explain this a bit....

Your position seems to be that people are only valued for their economic worth.

You'll have to explain that a bit.
  • Options
    having just gone trhough the who;e thread ...i have to say ...if this was a party political votes grab i'd be voting for ...blagsta.

Thank you :):o
  • Options

That's good, cos if your in a room with 100 people and 51 of them say they can take your stuff, it makes it ok to rob you.
    Your position seems to be that people are only valued for their economic worth.

When it comes to paying for things...well yeah. Like....what?

• Options
    Never mind klintock, its obviously all a bit beyond you. Poor klintock. :( You do find humans confusing don't you.
  • Options
    Never mind klintock, its obviously all a bit beyond you. Poor klintock. :( You do find humans confusing don't you.

No. Not usually. Not often even.

We are talking about people's economic ability to get housing. how can this be anything other than an economc issue?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    No. Not usually. Not often even.

We are talking about people's economic ability to get housing. how can this be anything other than an economc issue?

Way to miss the point. Look - you seem to be valuing people on whether they are "productive" within a very narrow remit, namely their economic worth in a market. I happen to think human life is a bit more complex than that.
  • Options
    Actually, I dunno why I bother getting into debates with you. You're a bit wrong in the head I think.
  • Options
    Way to miss the point. Look - you seem to be valuing people on whether they are "productive" within a very narrow remit, namely their economic worth in a market. I happen to think human life is a bit more complex than that.

So do I. Way to miss the point. Other people's value to me is limited to what they can do for me. Same for everyone else, whether they accept it or not. When it comes to buying/renting my house, guess what your value is to me?

All people are "selfish". All people do everything for feelings. People are very very simple.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    So do I. Way to miss the point. Other people's value to me is limited to what they can do for me. Same for everyone else, whether they accept it or not. When it comes to buying/renting my house, guess what your value is to me?

All people are "selfish". All people do everything for feelings. People are very very simple.

Your life must be pretty empty. :(
  • Options
    Your life must be pretty empty. :(

:no:

No mate.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Other people's value to me is limited to what they can do for me.
    people are incredibly complex.
    thre most astoundingly complex organisms on this planet.
    the human mind brain emotion connection being one of the most fascinating and still barely understood things in our known universe.

which makes you a crap therapist/hypnotist. the public should be warned ...before they part with their money.

most scientists are in agreement that the human mind/brain ...is the most complex and astounding thing yet come across in the universe.

but you seem to believe that you know better ...

people like you ...who walk on this earth with messages in your head that tell you ...'Other people's value to me is limited to what they can do for me' ... are unfortunatly in the majority it would seem ...or ...would appear to be those who are heard the mostest.
    i can assure you ...your not just wrong ...your a main part of the major problems on this planet.
  • Options
    word
  • Options
    the human mind brain emotion connection being one of the most fascinating and still barely understood things in our known universe.

All people follow their feelings. Want me to prove it - know thyself.
    which makes you a crap therapist/hypnotist. the public should be warned ...before they part with their money.

I do the work - change happens - payment comes. Makes me a good therapist. I get paid to change things, not for political philosophy (thank fuck! I hear you say)
    most scientists are in agreement that the human mind/brain ...is the most complex and astounding thing yet come across in the universe.

No argument here. We are astounding.
    but you seem to believe that you know better ...

I just know what I observe. And that's all.
    people like you ...who walk on this earth with messages in your head that tell you ...'Other people's value to me is limited to what they can do for me' ... are unfortunatly in the majority it would seem ...or ...would appear to be those who are heard the mostest.

You think I only measure value in money? Wothless fucking paper? I don't know the beauty of a small gesture? The kindness of a smile and what it means? Walk a mile in my shoes, with your senses turned all the way up full. If you can. I need no drugs or "rolls" because I experience the world fully. I can't leave it like you can, fucking raw as it is.
    i can assure you ...your not just wrong ...your a main part of the major problems on this planet.

The main problem is that you lot are so keen to leave it one way or another.
  • Options
    You're a liar and a fantasist, that's for sure.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

I do the work - change happens - payment comes.

You think I only measure value in money? .
    the fact you do the work and payment comes could also translate as ..i do the work payment comes but the damge i did doesn't show for years ...
    i never mentioned money ...funny that your hypnotised mind should jump there.
  • Options
    You're a liar and a fantasist, that's for sure.

Okay, fair enough. Which is the lies?
    the fact you do the work and payment comes could also translate as ..i do the work payment comes but the damge i did doesn't show for years ...

You don't know what I do.
    i never mentioned money ...funny that your hypnotised mind should jump there.

No, I was asking you a question. I also specifically stated that i don't just measure value in money. I also pointed out that I think money is worthless paper.
  • Options
    Hows that council tax court case going klintock?
  • Options
    Hows that council tax court case going klintock?

Don't know mate, they haven't got back to me, same as the TV licence people.

Anything about that post you'd like to mention?
  • Options
    you've changed yer story
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    You don't know what I do.

the fact that you have stated your a hypnotist/therapist ...wAS OBViously bullshit then ...what a relief!

making statements like this ....

Other people's value to me is limited to what they can do for me.

is so the opposite of how i live and think and feel ...puts you way way out of where my heart and mind lay .... :shocking:
  • Options
    >shrug<

The stories changed.

I had a sit down meeting with them and my brother sat in as witness 4 months ago. We took a mp3 player to record it. I've heard nothing since.

All I did was ask questions. If it seems so outlandish, why don't you suck it and see like I suggested you do?
  • Options
    billy bullshitter
  • Options
    billy bullshitter

>shrug<

If you like mate.

It happened whether you believe it or not.

What possible harm could you come to going down to your local CT office with a few simple questions do?