Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Illness and dieting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

On New Years Day I started a diet, using guidelines from a website me and my college friends found when we wanted to know the calories in all the different chocolates we were scoffing in the last lesson before Christmas :blush:.

My BMI was only slightly higher than average, so I chose to limit the amount of weight I wanted to lose. From the guidelines they gave me, this stated I could eat pretty much the meals and drinks I usually did (I generally eat healthly) but less of them.

The diets been going fine and it's working how it said it would, but since about Monday (only 9 days in) I started feeling under the weather. Thinking it might be a bug I ignored it but I'm beginning to feel worse, just totally lifeless and headachey and sickly.

Is it possible the diets limits mean I'm not eating enough? ANy advice would be useful, because I'd rather be slightly plump and cheerful if I'm going to feel like this all year!

Comments

• Options
    Maybe you're not getting enough energy or nutrients, maybe your body is just adjusting? Although it doesn't sound like you are, it's not a good idea to go on a highly restrictive diet, or a faddy high protein one. And, um, you don't need to lose any weight- that's you in the picture in the av?- you look beautiful! Diets make people miserable! And seeing as you're in healthy BMI it seems like masochism o me. Try going for a 45 min super fast walk every day instead of a diet- it's a real mood booster and tones an trims a treat.
  • Options
    make sure you're getting all your vitimins & minerals, sometimes a lack of something like iron can cause you to feel under the weather.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    And, um, you don't need to lose any weight- that's you in the picture in the av?- you look beautiful!

Bless you, you've made me smile like mad now (heehee). though that picture's about 9 months old...
    My diets not restricting, it's just less of the crap I usually eat. I'm currently looking at workout videos... the one I've got is too hard for me and I think that might be a better method, especially as I just sit doing nothing for at least 2 hours a day!
  • Options
    I do one of those 'learn to dance' videos at home (under duress from a six year old I might add). It is a work out but not too much fun (for me). I recon a dance class is better- check out a street dance or hip-hop dance class near you, tons of fun and a rock hard bod.