Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Shoplifting

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    More posts on a website? That's your argument? Real sign of life experience that is.

Don't need to explain yourself to me, or just can't address any of the issues that I've raised? Having had a few would be a viable excuse too. :wave:

I've no time for your like...you talk about chavs and pikeys..you're not worth a political debate tbh
    I would like to add that I am a "chav" I fit your description of a chav, and I tell ya what, I don't give a fuck...because I know a lot more about life than you will ever know...and I'm sure skive does aswell...you only live once so go mental!
    turlough wrote:
    I've no time for your like...you talk about chavs and pikeys..you're not worth a political debate tbh

I never mentioned chavs until you came on here running your mouth. If you didn't want a political debate, then why reply to my post with the inspired response "Fuck you ya trolley dolly!" What the fuck you doing on a Politics and Debate forum? Giving people lectures about political debate, when that's your contribution?
    turlough wrote:
    I would like to add that I am a "chav" I fit your description of a chav, and I tell ya what, I don't give a fuck...because I know a lot more about life than you will ever know...and I'm sure skive does aswell...you only live once so go mental!

Whatever, bye.
    Whatever, bye.

Ok the feelimg is mutual now fuck off :wave:
    I've always been tempted - expecially when I need something I feel is over-priced... always been too scared to nick from proper shops - I just don't think I'm lucky enough to get away with it.
    Most of the teenagers I know have stolen at least once, even if its slipping an extra cake up your sleeve in the school canteen. We just hate spending money, I guess.
    I've nicked small things like cheapy eyeshadows from markets before, but only because I knew I could get away with it, and I resented spending that extra £3. :yeees: :rolleyes:
    I'm still chortling at the "strong ideological grounds". It's legendary.

Being a silly druggie stoner doesn't give you life experience. It just makes your brain go squiffy.

We do need to get back to the original point of this thread though- giving Spliffie a huge fuck-off medal for being hard enough to nick a lasagne from Tesco. His mummy and daddy must be so proud to have raised a son with such fearless courage and skill.
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm still chortling at the "strong ideological grounds". It's legendary.

Being a silly druggie stoner doesn't give you life experience. It just makes your brain go squiffy.

We do need to get back to the original point of this thread though- giving Spliffie a huge fuck-off medal for being hard enough to nick a lasagne from Tesco. His mummy and daddy must be so proud to have raised a son with such fearless courage and skill.
    :lol:

True
    Kermit wrote:

It doesn't?

Have you ever smoked weed regularly?
    turlough wrote:
    It doesn't?

I smoked it once, twice a day for few years. The most life experience I got out of it was that watching somebody step on a cake is extremly funny. And that I hate japanese cartoons. Thast about the most any of the people that came around got out of it too.
    turlough wrote:
    It doesn't?

I used to... Some A LOT of weed... It does affect your thinking, if you toy with your brain chemistry then it wil be a bit fuzzy. Or maybe you're not smoking to the extent I was...

I'm not against cannabis really... Don't know if I'd go out with somebody who uses a lotta drugs, but each to their own.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    It does affect your thinking,

I would say a few joints in the evening isn't going to affect you in any more a negative way that a couple of pints.

And I have certainly experienced some things on drugs that cannot be repeated without those drugs.
    Weekender Offender 
    I never mentioned chavs until you came on here running your mouth. If you didn't want a political debate, then why reply to my post with the inspired response "Fuck you ya trolley dolly!" What the fuck you doing on a Politics and Debate forum? Giving people lectures about political debate, when that's your contribution?
    she/he has a point turlough!
    anyway why has this thread turned into a 'who has done the most drugs' debate?
    lipsy wrote:
    she/he has a point turlough!

Sorry I've no time for people who run their mouths off about things and people they don't know. Like "omg chavs are fucking scum like, oh I hate chavs like" and shit like that.
    turlough wrote:
    Sorry I've no time for people who run their mouths off about things and people they don't know. Like "omg chavs are fucking scum like, oh I hate chavs like" and shit like that.
    i cant be arsed to re-read the long post that they made but i'm pretty sure the word chav wasnt mentioned until you said 'whatever trolley dolly'.
    lipsy wrote:
    i cant be arsed to re-read the long post that they made but i'm pretty sure the word chav wasnt mentioned until you said 'whatever trolley dolly'.

Yeh but why didn't he/she just call me a dick or a twat. Why use the chav when they obviously haven't got a clue what a chav is. I'm getting really tired of peolle throwing the word chav about.
    ---
    Im rich enough to buy everything I want so ive never had to steal and have no desire to.

Being rich rules, aye.
    That quote is bollocks, but then so is Spliffie. There is and can be no justification for stealing in this day age. Thieves of any kind are the lowest shits in modern society - anyone who has suffered the sheer misery of arriving home to find every thing but the kitchen sink stolen will testify to that. There have been times when I was hungry and desperate enough to contemplate stealing a loaf of bread but I found change and bloody well paid for it like all other normal people have to. Stealing from a hideous abode like Tesco or Asda may be unspectacular but it's still the grind of little pricks. Beggars should be dealt with like undesired vermin.

I'd say that people who are unable to distinguish shoplifters from beggars - i.e. people like you - are pretty low themselves in the grand scheme of things.
    my_name wrote:
    I smoked it once, twice a day for few years. The most life experience I got out of it was that watching somebody step on a cake is extremly funny. And that I hate japanese cartoons. Thast about the most any of the people that came around got out of it too.

And for everyone you know who agrees with that, i could find 5 who utterly disagree with that as the entirety of the experience.

Who brought up this "life experience" anyway? And why? :confused:
    Spliffie wrote:
    Who brought up this "life experience" anyway? And why? :confused:

The message is still there, all you do is have to click a page back or whatever. No need to ask, just read.
    my_name wrote:
    The message is still there, all you do is have to click a page back or whatever. No need to ask, just read.

No, actually the question of why people are attacking the idea that cannabis is somehow linked to "life experience" when no-one's made that suggestion is quite valid.
    Spliffie wrote:
    No, actually the question of why people are attacking the idea that cannabis is somehow linked to "life experience" when no-one's made that suggestion is quite valid.
    actually, kermit stated that being a stoner doesn't give you life experience. to which turlough replied 'it doesn't? have you ever smoked weed regularly?'
    therefore, turlough is suggesting it does.

it doesn't, nor does it make you superior to those who don't take drugs. but that dosent have anything to do with the original debate.
    Not a thread about drugs, not an excuse to insult people, and some people might want to consider sobering up before throwing insults at other users - if they don't want to be banned.

Try to stay on topic, bear in mind that a heated debate isn't an excuse for personal insults...
    lipsy wrote:
    actually, kermit stated that being a stoner doesn't give you life experience. to which turlough replied 'it doesn't? have you ever smoked weed regularly?'
    therefore, turlough is suggesting it does.

...which overlooks the fact no-one had even contested that in the first place. That's the oh-so-elusive point.
    Turlough, doing drugs does not give you life experience. To suggest that I don't know this because I don't smoke weed "regularly" is really very ridiculous.

Being off your face on drugs may very well be a pleasurable experience, but what you said is as stupid as saying that you don't have life experience if you don't eat Marmite.

Spliffie, Turlough was directly implying that I can't say it doesn't because I don't take illegal drugs. Lipsy is accurate, you are not.
    Well I don't mean it gives you some life defining super moment and all people who haven't taken it are losers but to say all it does is melt your head or whatever you said is wrong, it gives you a different perspective on life. All drugs are like that.

ETA:What's with the Marmite analogy, are you running out of ideas or something :p
    I couldn't think of much else that was love/hate.

There's nowt wrong with taking drugs, but they don't give you a "different perspective" on life, they just make you off your face. It's the same as I don't have a "different perspective" when I drink eight pints of Old Peculier, it's just nice to be off my tits.
    Kermit wrote:
    There's nowt wrong with taking drugs, but they don't give you a "different perspective" on life, they just make you off your face. It's the same as I don't have a "different perspective" when I drink eight pints of Old Peculier, it's just nice to be off my tits.

Cannabis doesn't get you off your tits.

It's a mild hallucinogen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen

and also a psychoactive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoactive_drug

Alcohol doesn't give you the same experience as cannabis though as a psychoactive.

ETA: Cannabis effects http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_effects.shtml