Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Periods & Pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just a question...

Is it normal that periods skip a month? (i've always had protected sex and i've had my periodo for about... 3 years now..)

Also, i'm gonna start taking the pill ond wendsday or so... Something that has been nagging me... I can stil drink alcohol right? :naughty::D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sometimes periods just skip a month if you're ill, under a lot of stress, or undertaking a lot of strenuous exercise. I would say it's worth going to see your GP just to check everything's okay, for peace of mind if nothing else. Failing that, pop into a walk-in clinic and chat to a nurse.

Oh, and yes, you can drink alcohol with the pill! Otherwise there'd be an outcry...
    dr_carter wrote:
    Oh, and yes, you can drink alcohol with the pill! Otherwise there'd be an outcry...
    Just be careful that you don't get so drunk that you vomit as this can make the pill less effective :)
    You can still drink alcohol but something a lot of women notice is that their tolerance decreases; I've become an absolute lightweight since taking the pill. I've heard a few people say this but obviously it varies from person to person!
    onabun wrote:
    You can still drink alcohol but something a lot of women notice is that their tolerance decreases; I've become an absolute lightweight since taking the pill. I've heard a few people say this but obviously it varies from person to person!

goshh, hope not:S:S

I mean... I like to drink, but not to the point where I drink 2 beers and pass out:/