Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ring On / Ring Off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever notice people treating you differently when you got a wedding / engagement ring on or off?

We noticed as soon as my friend got married and had a ring when we'd all go out (lads only night) women would hit on him much more

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'll let you know when i get one.

yes, if you are reading this, that was a hint :p

but when i was about 18, one of my friends used to have a fake diamond ring that she wore on her ring finger when she didn't want to be chatted up. it did the trick too. so either the rule is the other way around for girls, of we were so young that potential fellas thought she was once of those mad crazy married really young people and she might drop her current hubby and try to marry them.
    kaffrin wrote:

but when i was about 18, one of my friends used to have a fake diamond ring that she wore on her ring finger when she didn't want to be chatted up. it did the trick too. so either the rule is the other way around for girls, of we were so young that potential fellas thought she was once of those mad crazy married really young people and she might drop her current hubby and try to marry them.

Brill! :thumb:
    I have noticed that I get eyed up a bit more now I have a wedding ring, but that might just as easily be that I have the confidence now to not give a fuck what other women think of my appearance.

I've also noticed that people still eye up the wife, but then have a look of guilt when they clock the ring.
    kaffrin wrote:

I think guys do check out a woman's hand for a ring and if they see one they just move on to the next girl instead of wasting their time chatting up someone that's already spoken for..

I reckon girl's see a ring and start flirting cos they either know it is a bit of fun that won't go no where or simply wanna see if they're attractive enough to tempt away a man from his woman
    I think guys do check out a woman's hand for a ring and if they see one they just move on to the next girl instead of wasting their time chatting up someone that's already spoken for..

I think the intelligent ones do, but you'd be amazed how many keep trying to chat up women.
    Since I've had my baby I've found a lot of people look at my ring, as if they're looking to see if Im married cos I apparently look quite young to have a baba, Im 24 by the way!
    Kermit wrote:
    I've also noticed that people still eye up the wife, but then have a look of guilt when they clock the ring.

maybe they just scared of you kermy ;)
    I have a ring i wear on my ring finger because at th emoment it is the only finger it fits and i get as little female attention as ever. So makes no difference to me.
    I reckon girl's see a ring and start flirting cos they either know it is a bit of fun that won't go no where or simply wanna see if they're attractive enough to tempt away a man from his woman

I check for a ring, and then leave them if they have one, some people I know would see the ring as a challenge!
    You know... I never even look for a ring. I've never checked in my whole life.

Maybe I should start...!!
    I never really look for rings either. Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that my parents don't wear theirs.
    I never check for rings either.
    must say i did get a bit more attension when i had the ring on. but when wife left it came off straight away. so i don't get it anymore.

and i've always check to see if women have a ring. as dont see the point in chatting someone up if it wont go anywhere because their married.